chap 5

My Strange Boyfriend

youngjae sighs heavily for the 7th time. he grabs the door handle and twists it open. he is greeted by jaebum putting on his shoes.

 

‘where are you going?’ youngjae stops suddenly in the doorway. jaebum looks up with an incredulous look on his face.

 

‘where have you been?’ he asks with narrowed eyes, holding intense eye contact with youngjae.

 

‘i was with jinyoung. i’m so tired,’ youngjae fakes yawns, pushing his way through the door and past jaebum. ‘today in class someone asked me what the square root of 25 was! can you believe tha-‘

 

‘what’s wrong with you?’ jaebum looks at his boyfriend strangely with a hint of worry. youngjae laughs nervously, rubbing the back of his neck.

 

’n-nothing is! i am 100% good!’ youngjae’s voice unintentionally gets louder with every word. jaebum runs his hand through his hair and looks off to the side. youngjae notices the look and gives another heavy sigh.

 

‘fine. i will tell you. promise not to get mad though.’ youngjae throws his head back, dreading what he was about to tell jaebum.

 

‘i won’t get mad. i swear.’ jaebum walks over and takes a seat next to youngjae.

 

‘today, in class, i was,’ youngjae gulps, ‘grading papers and saw a student made a 50 and i started to cry. i felt so bad for the student.’  youngjae cringes in his mind when he makes up a terrible lie.

 

‘are you serious?’ jaebum gains a wide smile on his face.

 

‘y-yes?’ youngjae curiously looks at jaebum, who looks like a madman.

 

‘AH! you are so cute!’ jaebum leans over to grab youngjae’s cheeks. youngjae tries to pry the hands off his cheeks, but to his dissatisfaction, jaebum continued to pull and pinch his cheeks. 

 

—-

‘you didn’t tell him!’ jinyoung slams his hand down on the table in front of him, scaring youngjae. jinyoung’s glasses slide down his nose as he continues to look down at his hand.

 

‘why are you acting like you are in an anime?’ youngjae narrows his eyebrows while he looks at his best friend. jinyoung immediately takes his hand off the table, pushes up his glasses, and clears his throat.

 

‘yugyeom made me watch an anime and now i am like this, but! that is not the point here. why didn’t you tell jaebum?’

 

youngjae leans back in his chair, ‘he looked so worried for me and i just felt so bad!’

 

jinyoung pinches the bridge of his nose, ‘ i cannot believe you! this is going to make the situation worse. all he has to do is go over to wheein’s place and her demon little sister is there. then she can say, ‘mr.choi kissed me! i was so shocked he made a move on me!’ and then you are done.’ jinyoung shakes his head. 

 

‘did i really mess it up that bad?’ youngjae inwardly groans when jinyoung nods his head.

 

‘it would be best if you just jump off a bridge now.’ jinyoung sighs, taking a sip of tea, while looking blankly at youngjae.

 

‘that is what i want to do right now.’

 

—-

 

youngjae walks through the door of the shared apartment when he sees jaebum getting ready.

 

‘where are you going?” he asks hugging jaebum, snuggling into his chest.

 

‘wheein’s place.’ he replies holding onto youngjae.