.5.

Curse You, Curse Me

Chapter 5
Heartache
 


 


 

Kyungsoo woke up later than usual to the sound of Minseok having a heated discussion with the cat.

As he found out, Luhan could still spell and held his intelligence from before - Kyungsoo still doesn't know how Minseok found this out, he'd  just assumed Luhan would be completely cat like if he were honest.- and this lead to Minseok laying his laptop open on the coffee table and opening something for Luhan to type into it.

The argument started a few sentences later from what Kyungsoo could make out on the laptop since it went from perfectly written sentences to a mash of letters and whatever else the obviously upset yowling cat had hit;


Baby! are you ok?!

I was so worried about you, Minnie! I'm fine 


haha, yeah. so who was that guy? what debt was he talking about?
 

YOU DID WHAT?! MINNIE, I LIKED YOU BEFORE YOU ASKED ME OUT, WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?! YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST COME UP TO ME!

IKI CCCCNT BEVEWMF TYOU!  CNT BLEVE YOD TRY SKMTHNG LKE THAT 3WITH ME, HOW CULD YO9U!? DID HE SUCCED, IS HTB WHY I LOVE YLU?

 


Kyungsoo had to ask what this meant, and when he asked Minseok and he explained it meant 'I can't believe you, can't believe you'd try something like that with me, how could you! did he succeed ? is that why I love you?.'  He stared at Minseok, unsure of how to ask this nicely, and instead decided to be forward. 

"Min... Did you hire Kris to make Luhan fall in love with you?"

Minseok only looked down and nodded, playing with the hem of his shirt, while the cat sitting on the coffee table yowled out of what sounded like a mix of anger and sadness.

Kyungsoo walked over and picked the cat up, feeling it go limp and bury its face in his arm as it started to mew sadly.

"Minseok, why would you do this?" 

When he lifted his head, Kyungsoo could see that Minseok had tears running down his cheeks.

"I... I just loved him so much, and I thought... I just thought he'd... I didn't. I mean.." Minseok couldn't exactly tell them what he'd been thinking because now that he was being faced with the consequences of his former actions, he wasn't quite sure what was going through his mind at the time.  he'd loved Luhan, was infatuated with him and would have done anything to have him... 

So he had. 

He'd gone straight to the first open magic user he could find and promised a lot of things he could never pay, just to get Luhan to fall for him. and it had worked. they'd been together for quite awhile...and now...  now it was all coming back to bite him in the .

"Lu, I'm so sorry..."  he moved toward him and Luhan shoved his face further into Kyungsoo's clothes, not wanting to see or deal with Minseok at the moment.

Kyungsoo sighed and held the cat close. "You know he's okay now... So give him a couple days. If he wants to he can go home with me he can, and I'll bring him back when he's ready to work on this, okay?"

Minseok nodded even though he didn't want Luhan to go anywhere.

Luhan, still mewing looked up to Kyungsoo curiously and nodded when asked if he wanted to go home with him.

Minseok stomped back into his bedroom, slamming the door and throwing himself on the bed to scream it out.

Luhan only shook his head, ears flat against his head as he glanced back to the bedroom and jumped out of Kyungsoo's arms, going to the front door and pawing lightly.

"Just let me get my things and we'll go, Okay Lu?" the cat just meowed sadly and laid by the door.

 

                                                                                                                       -♡-


Chanyeol sat at the kitchen table, arms crossed and chin resting on them as he stared at his phone, willing it to buzz or ring, anything, as long as it was Baekhyun letting him know he was sorry.  that he had been busy and didn't forget that it was their anniversary,  that he'd just been in a situation where he couldn't come back right then but he'd make it up to him.

But the call never came and neither did the text, so Chanyeol stood up, deleting Baekhyun and his employer's numbers from his phone, and throwing the calendar in the trash.  

It wasn't worth it anymore, and when Baekhyun finally dragged himself in, he'd let him know. He grabbed the boxes he'd went out to get this morning, and headed to the bedroom. 

He'd start there and pack all of Baekhyun's things first. If he wasn't back by the moving time, he'd leave it all there. He didn't care anymore.

he couldn't care...

It hurt too much already.

                                                                                                             -♡-

 

Jongdae was in his human form, draped over the couch with Baekhyun lying halfway on top of him, mindlessly running his fingers through Baekhyun's hair as he watched some random drama on tv. 

"You know you can't avoid going back forever." he stated, not bothering to tear his eyes away from the tv screen.

Baekhyun shifted himself enough to look up. "It's too hard, Jongdae... I can't go back... He's not..." he sits up and puts his feet on Jongdae. "He's still not used to this." Baekhyun waves his hands around to indicate Jongdae and himself, as well as Junmyeon and anything else magical that is in the room.

"Don't you live with him, though?"Jongdae looked away for a moment.

"Yeah... But I avoided going home to avoid our anniversary last night. All I have waiting for me is the same argument. He doesn't understand that I can't quit working for Junmyeon, That I have a debt to pay off." Baekhyun sighs and runs his fingers through his hair. 

Jongdae smiles slightly at his fellow familiar. "You know.. you could always go back and play housecat, see what tall dark and stupid is up to... technically that is still your job. I'll just grab some chocolates or something and drop by your place. tell Chanyeol you couldn't make it out in time, that Junmyeon's running you hard again... it would at least buy you a few more days." 

 

Baekhyun grinned and pounced on Jongdae, kissing his cheek. "You are a genius and I love you. Let Junmyeon know, just in case Chanyeol gets ahold of him, okay? I'm going to work!" He jumped off of Jongdae and wandered off to strip and resume cat form so he could get across town faster.

Jongdae smiled and shook his head. He still wasn't sure how Baekhyun had ended up with someone outside of their line of work.  but he supposed their rough patches could be ironed out and when Baek finally finished paying off his debt, and they could really work on their relationship. 

With a sigh, Jongdae got up from his place on the couch and wandered towards the back, towards Junmyeon's workroom to let him know Baek went out and to get the car keys. no way was he walking if he had to go to the store and Baekhyun's apartment.

 


Okay! everything is updated and edited, I believe :) I will update this soon, hopefully.
 I'm not going to have it on the same steady update schedule as 'My Penguin' but I do plan on finishing this soon :)  

Also next chapter we'll get to see what happened to Kris when Tao said those three little words to Jongin ;) , Mwahahahahaha!!!!

-Miki