.6.

Curse You, Curse Me

 


 Chapter 6
Pained & Cursed 


Warnings for this chapter
Highlight here -> *Angst, Blood and such, slightly graphic curse stuff*



Yifan knew the exact moment that Tao told Jongin he loved him. A slight throb started in his chest, just an annoying ache at first.

but he knew it for what it was. 

He smiled a weak smile to the empty house and called out for the cat that had been staying with him, but when it didn't come to him and the ache in his chest began to worsen, he opened a window. He didn't want the poor cat to be trapped if it was still in the house when the curse took him.

Yifan wandered aimlessly from room to room for awhile, before finally making it to the bathroom mirror, watching as black veins began to spread slowly across his chest from the spot right above his heart. the pain worsened and made him gasp, causing him to grasp the sink. 

It would only get worse from here, he'd put this curse together when he was beyond angry. He'd live for a day or so in complete agony before he finally passed on. 

When he glanced back at the mirror he saw tears steadily rolling down his cheeks. No one would find his body for awhile, he had no friends, no family. surely the cat wouldn't care and as soon as it wasn't fed, it would find somewhere else to go as well.

A fresh wave of pain hit him and he slid to the floor, his vision blurring as he sobbed openly. 

He didn't want to die alone... He didn't even want to die.

Baekhyun did his best to rush back to Yifan's, he didn't know why but he felt like he needed to rush back to him. 

Sighing he hopped a fence and ran through a backyard. he really needed to clear his head before he got back to that house, but at the same time, a nagging voice in the back of his mind told him to run.

 it should only be another minute or so, but he hurries anyway, reaching Yifan's in half the time and giving the open front window a weird look, before jumping through the opening and landing on all fours, as a cat should. 

But something's off, he can feel it as soon as he hits the floor.  venturing further into the house Baekhyun hears the muffled sobbing from the bathroom and pushed the already ajar door open, going into a panic when he sees the state Yifan is in.

Baekhyun doesn't have a chance to run before he loses his cat form, he just changes then and there, Yifan looking up at him with an equally panicked expression. 

"P-please... please help, I.. I don't want to die." Baekhyun's chest feels tight at those words.

"I'll do what I can, I just have to get my boss here." he turns to leave the room, to grab Yifan's phone and maybe some clothing, but there's suddenly a trembling hand on his wrist.

"Please don't leave me..."

                                                                                                                -♡-

 

Jongdae makes it to the apartment that Baekhyun shares with Chanyeol at the same time said man is heading home, they meet outside and Jongdae greets him, handing a box of chocolates and a dozen roses to him.

"Sorry, he told me to get these to you the day of, but we sort of had a situation..." Chanyeol just looks at him with an unimpressed expression and holds a hand up to stop him as he sets the roses and chocolates aside.

"I don't care. Baekhyun can do whatever he wants. he's free, doesn't need to worry about ever coming back, unless it's to get his things. Hell, you can take them with you." to say Jongdae was pissed was an understatement.


"You selfish son of a ." Chanyeol looked taken aback by Jongdae's sudden mood shift.

"I'm selfish? Baekhyun's the selfish one here, he never calls, never texts I go weeks without seeing him sometimes! If it was because of an actual job, I wouldn't care but this, this ridiculous , for what? he said he had a debt, I'm assuming he sold his soul for his looks, am I right?" Jongdae clenched his jaw shut and slapped Chanyeol hard across the face.

"What the was that for!?" Chanyeol was rubbing the spot on his cheek gently, this guy put force behind his slaps.

"You disgusting, selfish ! My best friend had me bring these things here, to your sorry self, while he's stuck playing housecat to someone who's putting death curses on people, all to pay off the debt for saving his goddamn mother and you have the balls to call him selfish?!?" sure Jongdae was laying it on thick, but still. this guy was being an .

"What-..what do you mean? Can people curse people to death? is ... oh , is he safe? is he okay?!?" Jongdae let out a sigh.

"For now, as safe as he can be, and yes. they can be. you're lucky I don't claw your tongue out." Chanyeol was about to say something when his phone rang, a number he'd recognize anywhere on it. he made a gesture to tell Jongdae to hold on as he answered it.

"Hey, babe.. wha-what? are you okay? Baek, calm down I can't... Yeah, he is. hang on..." Chanyeol looked worried as he handed Jongdae the phone.

"Jongdae, get Junmyeon to Yifan's, now."  Jongdae was silent for a second before snapping out of it.

"Baek, what.. wait, Baek, you'd have to be in human form to call anyone, what's going on?"

"Just get Jun! The curse was activated! Yifan's.. he's dying, his skin is turning black, splitting open... oh god!  Dae there's blood everywhere now, and he won't let go of me, please. I'm not... I can't watch this happen, he's in so much pain... when the pain stops for a second he's begging me to help him please, Jongdae I can't do this! I need help, oh god, Yifan don't move!"

Jongdae stutters for a moment trying to find words as a pained scream loud enough for Chanyeol to hear comes through the phone, making both of their stomachs turn.

"I'll be there soon Baek, just hang on." he can only hear sobbing from the other end as the call ends. He's not sure if it was Baekhyun or Yifan sobbing, but he knows he has to move fast.

He rushes back to his car, Chanyeol on his heels as he dials Junmyeon's number and hands the phone to him.

"Just tell Jun that Baek's in trouble and where he is, tell him he can meet us there... and don't be an , Baek's going to need your support." Chanyeol silently nods and does as he's told.


                                                                                                                         -♡-

 

When Junmyeon answered the phone, he was expecting a talk with Chanyeol about Baekhyun's whereabouts, and why he couldn't tell him where exactly he was. 

So when he was told that the curse had been activated and that Jongdae and Chanyeol were heading to Yifan's house at that exact moment, it came as quite a shock.

He hung up the phone and looked across the desk to where Yixing was working on decoding Yifan's spells and sighed.

"Focus on the death curses only, the damn curse was already activated. We need to know how to stop it, and what exactly it does. I'll keep my phone on me, so you can get ahold of me, But I have to get to Yifan's and see whats going on."

Yixing nodded at him, giving a quiet "will do." in response.

Junmyeon gave him a small smile and headed out, hoping he wasn't too late.

 


Well well well! what's this? an update? haha, I didn't abandon it ^3^

I realized after editing this story, that there are very few things to wrap up before it's done. it's reaching the end my darlings! :) :P

And then I can come back later when it's done and edit it again! because I noticed a few things I missed during the last round of edits, buut hey. it's a work in progress.

Hope you guys enjoy~

-Miki