.2.

Curse You, Curse Me

Chapter 2 
Going Crazy  



Hours came and went, turning into days as the stolen kiss had turned into longer loving ones, hand holding becoming warm embraces, with the nights growing colder the closer winter came. Jongin had lived with Tao for a little over a month now, and he was frustrated.

Every time their kisses and embraces turned to something more heated, Jongin's ex turned friend would show up. it was like the man had a natural ability for blocking, Jongin thought bitterly. But he couldn't really blame D.O for randomly texting him. it was something he'd always done, and he'd given him no reason to change it. which is why when said ex-boyfriend showed up on their doorstep with tears in his eyes, Jongin couldn't just turn him away. It was another thing Kyungsoo had always done, whether they were friends or lovers, The man had always run straight to Jongin for comfort, no one else could ever calm him when he was upset. 

Tao sighed and stood up heading to the kitchen to grab something to drink. then he thought about it, stopping when he reached the doorway and turned around with a small smile on his lips. "I'll give you guys some time, need anything before I head out?" 

Kyungsoo made a slightly strangled sobbing noise and shook his head, rubbing more tears into Jongin's shirt as he clung to him. Jongin bit his lip as he looked up at his boyfriend, worried he was upset.

Tao's smile widened and he shook his head, knowing what Jongin was thinking. "We had to get the stuff for dinner, remember? I can do that while you take care of him. I'll get extra just in case." He walked over and Kissed Jongin softly, trying not to bump into Kyungsoo as he did so, before pulling back. "I'll be back soon. I hope you feel better Kyungsoo." He smiled and ruffled Jongin's hair before heading to the door and slipping his shoes on, leaving for awhile. 

Tao sighed as soon as the door shut. he was a little angry at the moment and jealous as hell. Thankfully they did have to pick up things to cook for dinner. it gave him the excuse he needed to get out of there before he threw Kyungsoo out a window and pounced on Jongin. Stuffing his hands in his pockets he walked off in the direction of the store, hoping it wouldn't rain since he'd forgotten his umbrella.

Jongin ran his fingers through Kyungsoo's hair, frowning. he'd never seen him quite this upset before. He needed to know what was going on and gently peeled the crying man off of himself, looking into large glossy eyes that held a tinge of fear along with the obvious sadness. 

"Soo, what's going on? you've never succeeded in soaking one of my shirts before." Jongin was genuinely worried.

"I-I.." Kyungsoo took a deep breath and tried to calm himself. "I.. I just... something bad  happened... Really..really bad... I-I think I m-might have hurt someone... I well... I-if I told you what happened you probably wouldn't even believe me...  A-and now...  Now I have to find someone...a-and.." he trailed off for the moment, looking down.

Jongin's frown deepened. what the hell was Kyungsoo talking about? he'd never hurt anyone as long as he'd known him... sure, he looked like he could murder someone and not feel a  thing about it, but Jongin knew he was just an awkward teddy bear. "Tell me what happened, Soo. I'll listen and I won't judge, okay?"

"P-promise..." Kyungsoo looked him straight in the eyes. "P-promise me you won't think I'm crazy." 

Jongin nodded. "I do, I promise.. just... Tell me what's going on."

Kyungsoo sat up and moved off of Jongin's lap, taking a couple moments to compose and calm himself. "I.. I was walking Luhan home last week... you.. you know we don't get along that well, but I was doing it for Minseok... he thought we'd be safer since weird 's been happening in his neighborhood..."

                                                                                                                                              
-♡-


One week earlier, Late night;

 

"Come on Soo! I know you hate me, but if Minseok's done with me then just tell me! I deserve that much don't I? " Luhan looked like he was on the verge of tears.

"He hasn't said anything to me if he is. Sorry." Kyungsoo looked over at him, his face blank from any type of emotion, not really even  sounding sorry.He hoped Minseok had finally come to his senses and decided to dump him. Luhan was too whiney and always insisted on tagging along with Minseok when he visited Kyungsoo. he didn't know why he just hated it.

Luhan let out an exasperated sigh. "He's just been so quiet lately, you know? and he's texting a number that's not in his contacts, but he deletes the messages after he reads them, and I don't know... I just don't know.."

Kyungsoo looked over at Luhan with a frown. that didn't sound like Minseok at all, he'd never do something like that to Luhan. that's why Kyungsoo disliked him so badly, It had been easy for Luhan to just walk up to the person he loved, let him know how he felt and they'd been together ever since, where Kyungsoo had tried to do the same with Jongin and instead had a short awkward relationship that turned into them becoming good friends. he'd never wish he wasn't Jongin's friend but he definitely wanted more. he sighed. "look. just talk to him about it, I'm sure it's nothing, and you know he'd never do that so..just.. calm down."

Luhan scoffed but nodded and dropped the subject, not wanting to really fight at the moment. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, and looked around, spotting a figure at the edge of an alley a little ways away, a  chill rolled up his spine. "Lu.." he nudged and whispered him, motioning with a jerk of his head. something seemed off. "Let's cross the street. this doesn't feel right." Lu didn't argue and remained silent as they both looked across the street and headed to the other side. glancing back they didn't see a figure, a shadow or anything else. was it just their minds playing tricks on them? Kyungsoo furrowed his brows and continued walking, reaching out to grab Luhan's arm and drag him along faster when a second chill rushed through him and the air around them seeming to suddenly drop in temperature.  

"Going somewhere boys?" A shadow stepped in front of them, slowly revealing some of it's features as it stepped into a small patch of light from a street lamp, though it was still hard to see. he was taller than what was normal, brownish hair, his face wore a smirk that seemed to have a dark meaning behind it, eyes deep and dark. 
"Oh,
my-my.. Kyungsoo and Luhan, I could take care of you both right now, make my work easier... but, I'm only here for Luhan tonight." the man's smirk turned into a cold smile. "Unfortunately, Little Minnie hasn't paid up...  Since I helped enchant a certain blonde for him..." he looked at Luhan and reached out to ruffle his pale hair. Luhan and Kyungsoo were frozen to the spot, unable to do more than flinch. 

" I'm taking my payment now... let's see if Minseok still loves you after this.." the tall man gripped Luhan's hair suddenly, yanking him forward and forcing him to his knees as he began to mumble something under his breath. Luhan trembled as he felt something awful begin to happen, his body was curling in on it's self, bones were broken and shifted, his body becoming smaller and smaller. he opened his mouth to scream, but only a cat screeching could be heard. Kyungsoo watched in horror as Luhan was turned into a cat in front of his eyes. he should have done something when the man had first grabbed Lu, but he couldn't... he'd been too afraid, something had seemed off about this man and he was right... 

Kyungsoo found his voice finally, as he stared at the little siamese in front of him, but it wasn't much over a whisper. "Who..?"

The man grinned at him, picking the cat up by the scruff of its neck. "Not that it matters... Minseok knows who I am..but.. Tell him Yifan collected his debt. he's free now"

                                                                                                                                           
-♡-


Kyungsoo sniffled slightly, his breathing still uneven as he looked up at Jongin after telling him what had happened, he was afraid his ex-lover would throw him out on the spot. 

However, Jongin was internally panicking and hoping that he was keeping it in check. after all, how many tall creepy men named Yifan could actually live in one area? there was only one he knew of that had recently returned. Tao's ex.

After a long pause with Kyungsoo frantically searching Jongin's face for a reply, or anything really, Jongin had gathered himself enough to speak.

"Soo..." It's all Jongin said before he realized what Kyungsoo had done that was so bad. "You didn't tell Xiumin, did you?" 

Kyungsoo looked down guiltily and shook his head. he had tried to tell Xiumin but he just couldn't when it came down to it. and honestly, how do you even tell someone their lover's been turned into a cat?

Jongin let out an exasperated sigh. "Soo, you're a real idiot sometimes. Do you know how worried Minnie probably is? How bad he probably feels thinking Luhan could just walk away from him without a word?"

Kyungsoo nodded. he'd been over to Xiumin's apartment since Luhan had disappeared so he knew exactly how bad it was. 

"I... I know... I just... what do I do? How do I tell him this?" He moved off of Jongin, opting to sit next to him now that his tears were slowing down.

"You just do. Start by asking if he knows the person who did it..."

Kyungsoo leaned back against the couch, letting his gaze wander towards the ceiling. "That's a lot easier said than done..."


                                                                                                                                      -♡-
 

Tao walked out of the store, grocery bag in hand and piece of pepero hanging out of his mouth as he stared at his phone. he was hoping his boyfriend would have texted him already, telling him to get himself home for a little dessert before dinner, but he knew from experience that wasn't going to happen. Kyungsoo would most likely be there all night, asleep on the couch, snoring and drooling on the cushions after filling himself with the food Jongin and Tao had cooked together. he growled to himself, almost letting the pepero fall out of his mouth but quickly clamping his lips around it before it happened. he looked up just in time for the other end of the cookie stick to disappear into Yifan's mouth.

As their eyes locked Tao let out a high pitched scream and jumped backward, stumbling a bit, only to have Yifan grab his arm and steady him , laughing around the stolen treat he had in his mouth. 

"Jesus, you're jumpy." Yifan shook his head and laughed again. "Do you have  a minute?"

Tao was practically frozen in place, unsure of what to say or do. 

He rolled his eyes and flicked Tao on the nose, causing him to flinch. "Come on, snap out of it. I need your help, as stupid as this is going to sound..." 

"I .. You.. but... wh-what?" Tao looked like a frightened animal at the moment. 

Yifan frowned. "Look. I just need you to text me if a small siamese cat happens to show up on your doorstep okay? I just need to get this cat back, that's it. Do this for me and if you find the damn thing I might even give you a reward... "

Tao went from scared for his life to confused and frowning. "Cat?  After the you did to me you want to help you find, what, your pet? you must be crazy..."

Yifan. "No..it's not..no.. this little isn't my familiar or a pet... it's just. it's just a cat, but it might go to someone I know since it's lost..and I need it back.."


Tao's frown deepened and he mumbled to himself. "is he drunk... ?"

Yifan opened his mouth to say something in response when a large black cat ran by them, half carrying half dragging a small siamese in its mouth. "! that's the cat! Get back here you little !" He didn't even give Tao a second look before running off after the cats.

Sighing heavily Tao the sidewalk and walked in the direction of home, wondering if that had really just happened.


                                                                                                                                        -♡-

The black cat stopped running and dodged into an alley barely missing getting caught by Yifan. It began to weave in and out of the random garbage that was blocking off parts of the alley, knowing it would take a minute or two for the much larger human to clear the obstacles. it had never felt a fear like this, and that was saying something considering what it was and what it had done before in its lifespan. it glanced to the other cat it was carrying, hoping he could hold on just a little longer. if this worked out, they'd separate here in a moment and the siamese could head back to the man that their current pursuer had been talking to... hopefully, this worked. he jumped straight into the next garbage pile, really needing there to be something useful in it.  he looked around as he heard the crashing and footsteps signaling Yifan was getting closer to him.  he dropped the smaller cat and meowed loudly, pulling a sock out of a boot and nudging the other cat into it instead. Meowing once more he picked the sock up and sped towards Yifan, who thankfully didn't see the switch he'd made and was now chasing him down the road. 

The siamese waited until he couldn't hear either of them and slipped out of the boot and ran back toward where they'd left Tao, silently thanking the black cat for what he'd done when he'd caught up to the man fairly quickly and began climbing his pant leg with a purr.

Tao almost screamed for the second time that night when he'd felt it, but looked down and picked the cat up when he saw it, hurrying back to his apartment, the small cat purring the entire way as he talked to it.  "No way am I giving you to that freak... who knows what he'd do to you.."



                                                                                                                                            -♡-
 

Halfway across town the black cat stumbled and slid into the road, letting go of the sock as it looked up to see a car headed straight for it. This was it, it seemed. the cat mewed from fear and curled in on its self as it braced for the impact. Yifan saw what was happening and ran in front of the car and grabbed the cat, barely avoiding being hit himself, He was slightly pissed that he only noticed it was carrying a sock when it fell out of the cat's mouth. he flopped down on his back on the sidewalk, panting and breathing heavily as he looked at the black fluffball in his hands. "you're a head... you know that?" he checked the cat over and set it down when he saw it wasn't hurt. it sat there and stared at him for a minute before mewing and headbutting him...
 
Though it was happy, the cat was also very confused. in his odd on and off life as a familiar, he'd never been saved by someone he was supposed to hinder, quite the opposite actually, he was already down to 2 lives out of 9...


 





Combined / Edited! ^_^ 

~Miki