Epilogue

A Goal to My Heart

Captain Park and Repoter Doh decide to tie the knot as soon as possible. They try so hard to keep it from the media as they wish to have a simple weddingn ceremony which will be attended by their relatives and close friends only. They start to prepare everything for their wedding.

Every woman in this world must have dream weddings that they wish to happen in their lives, Reporter Doh Kyungsoo is no exception. She grew up with fairy tales and romantic novels, so it’s normal for her to have an ideal wedding ceremony in her mind. However, she also loves to take things convenient. She realises her works and of course her husband-to-be’s profession won’t allow them to take too much time to prepare her ideal wedding. She opts to hold a small ceremony somewhere in Seoul.

In the other hand, Captain Park Chanyeol is eager to make her bride’s ideal wedding comes true. Since it’s off-season and he doesn’t have much training schedule, he says to Kyungsoo that he will handle most of their preparations.

--

Two months later, at a private beach in Goheung, their wedding ceremony is held. Captain Park Chanyeol appears dashing with a set of white tux and comma hairstyle. Reporter Doh Kyungsoo also looks so elegant with the off shoulder knee length light blue wedding dress that fit perfectly to her body, her long black hair is braided and covered by a thin veil with a flower crown on top of her head.

“Doh Kyungsoo, I promise to be there when you need me, to comfort you and encourage you, to help you reach your goals, to be your best friend ever, and to love you all my life, with all my heart. I take you as my wife, and will give myself to no other.”

“Park Chanyeol, I promise to be there when you need me, to comfort you and encourage you, to help you reach your goals, to be your best friend ever, and to love you all my life, with all my heart. I take you as my husband, and will give myself to no other.”

With the vow being said, they share a tender kiss to declare their pure love that witnessed by their loved ones.

--

Their wedding party has ended hours ago, now they are enjoying their alone time. They cuddle on their bed with their matching pyjamas.

“Our wedding kiss was definitely the best kiss that I’ve ever had. Everyone watched the sacred moment of our life. It beats the on-screen kiss that you did when you won the world cup.”

“I feel the same way, boo. Our next kisses will be my favourite, but our wedding kiss will always have a special place in my heart. So, are you ready to heat up the night?” Chanyeol whispers in a deep baritone voice in order to seduce his wife.

“I can’t do it tonight, Captain Park.”

“Why? Are you not feeling well?”

Kyungsoo smiles mysteriously to her husband, “Nah. I’m fine, honey. Don’t worry.” She says, her husband’s cheek lightly.

Chanyeol stares at her with confusion.

Kyungsoo chuckles and continues, “So, yeah, I have something to tell you. A week ago I was having symptoms like when I had digestive problems. Since I don’t want to ruin our wedding which you had arranged beautifully, I decided to do physical evaluation to Doctor Kim.”

“Honey, why didn’t you tell me that you were sick? I feel bad for not knowing your condition,” Chanyeol says with a regretful tone, he thinks he fails Kyungsoo for not paying attention to her.

“No. It’s okay, Chanyeol-ah. Really, he said I was fine. You don’t have to feel bad about it,” she offers her warm smile to her newly wedded husband. Chanyeol opens his mouth to say something, but Kyungsoo stops him by placing her index finger against his mouth, “Ssshh… let me continue, I’m not finished yet.” Chanyeol nods and lets her tells the rest of her story. “He said I was fine and congratulates us.”

Chanyeol frowns, “For our wedding? Did he know about it?”

Kyungsoo shakes her head and smile in amusement, “He said in approximately 36 weeks from now, Captain Park Jr. will be born.”

Chanyeol is gawking at the information he just heard, “That means…”

Kyungsoo is smiling warmly and then leaves him for a moment to get her notebook. She takes a small piece of paper from her notebook and then hands it to his still gaping husband, “This is the very first photo of Captain Park Jr.” Her heart-shaped smiles plastered on her face.

Chanyeol takes it and stare at it with an unbelievable expression. He says nothing and keeps on staring at the printed ultrasound image. He keeps his head down for a very long time. Kyungsoo starts to worry, maybe he doesn’t want the baby come that soon.

“Chanyeol-ah?” Kyungsoo cups Chanyeol’s face and guide his chin up so they can look at each other’s eyes. She is surprised to see her husband’s eyes are red and b with tears. His tears are about to fall as he hugs Kyungsoo so tight.

“Thank you, Kyungsoo-yah. This is the best news that I’ve ever heard,” he says with a shaky voice. He lets go his hug, and kisses her tenderly, not caring of how his tears are falling uncontrollably. “I love you,” he says in between their kisses.

Kyungsoo feels like crying herself, seeing her husband’s reactions. Blame the hormones. She shows her heart-shaped smile to comfort him, “I know, Chanyeol-ah.” She lets Chanyeol rests his head on her shoulder. “Ah, there’s one more thing. Please don’t tell anyone about this. My parents will kill us if they know that I’m pregnant before our marriage. Just let them realised when the time comes,” she says as she rubs his upper back.

Chanyeol chuckles against her narrow shoulder, “Anything for you, my love.”     

-- 

 

The End

 

A/N:

I'd like to thank everyone who had read, upvoted, subscribed, and commented to this fic. I'm sorry for the lame chapter. lol. I'm going to try to write better next time.

kamsahamnida :)