Proposal, maybe?

A Goal to My Heart

Kyungsoo goes to the cafeteria with Yoora to grab something to eat on their short break time. Actually, she doesn’t have appetite but Yoora forces her to. She doesn’t feel well these past few days because she has a very tight schedule which require her to stay at the office until late and doesn’t let her get some proper rest.

Kyungsoo eats her kimbap slowly, but then she stops munching after the first three bites. She feels nauseated; she covers with her hands and runs to the closest restroom. Yoora follows her and find her vomits everything that she’d just eaten earlier.

“Kyungsoo-yah, are you okay? You don’t look well since this morning. Let’s go to see a doctor,” she says, rubbing Kyungsoo’s back. She worries a lot about Kyungsoo.

“No need to see a doctor, eonni. I just need… ugh…” Kyungsoo doesn’t get to finish her sentence and start vomiting again. She wipes and says weakly, “I feel nauseated lately; it makes me lost my appetite.”

Suddenly an idea pops on Yoora’s head, “Wait, Kyungsoo-yah. When was the last time you did it with my brother?”

“What do you mean?”

“Are you missing your period?”

Kyungsoo finally grasps what Yoora is talking about. She suddenly feels embarrassed, her ears reddening, her face flushed. “What? No, eonni. I’m not pregnant. I can’t be pregnant right now,” she says in panic.

“Why not, though? I bet my parents would welcome the little one with overwhelming happiness,” Yoora says, caressing Kyungsoo’s flat stomach.

“I haven’t married yet, eonni. My parents are conservative, they think to have a baby before married is such a disgrace,” she feels sick again. She makes sounds as if she is going to puke again, but she doesn’t.

“I’ll tell Chanyeol to marry you instantly,” Yoora says eagerly.

“No! Don’t tell anyone, please. We’re still not sure about my condition right? So please don’t say anything.”

“Okay. I won’t, but please let’s go to hospital after work.”

“Thank you, but no, eonni. I’m just going to buy some medicines later.”

Yoora lets out a long huff, “Okay. Then stay over at our house for tonight. At least you won’t be alone if something happen.”

“Won’t I become a nuisance if I stay at your house?”

“Nah, you are part of our family, Kyungsoo-yah. I love you more than I love my annoying brother,” She says, patting Kyungsoo’s head lovingly.

--

Later that night, Kyungsoo is sleeping over at Park’s residence. Mr. and Mrs. Park are welcome her warmly. Kyungsoo lives alone in Seoul, her family stay in Ilsan. She feels grateful to know Park Family. The Parks are always taking good care of her; they always treat her as if she was one of this household’s daughters, maybe that’s why she always feels comfortable around them. Kyungsoo has her own room and wardrobes at that house. She is often staying over there.

Kyungsoo had taken some medicines after dinner and she hopes they will make her feel better. She is getting ready to sleep and then hears her mobile phone ringing. It must be her giant boyfriend who attends a training camp at Jeju Island.

“I’m about to sleep, bye!” she answers the video call.

 “Boo! I miss youuu…”

“Well, I don’t,” she is sticking her tongue to the screen.

“How are you doing? How’s work? I’m coming home tomorrow. Wait. Are you staying over at my house?” he bombards her with questions.

“Nothing big has happened these days. And yes I’m staying at your house.”

“Aaaaaah… Why do you have to stay over while I’m not around?” he makes a pouty face.

“Obviously, so that I can sleep without your disturbance,” she smirks at him. Suddenly she feels nauseated and her face turns sour.

Chanyeol notices that, “Are you okay, boo?”

She doesn’t answer until she feels slightly better. “I’m fine, Chanyeol-ah. Now I really need to catch some shut eyes, tomorrow I have an important meeting. I’m hanging up,” she waves to the screen.

“Alright, sleep tight, my love.”

--

When morning comes, Kyungsoo’s condition is not getting better. She still feels nauseated sometimes and now she has a slight fever. She can’t sleep at all because she wakes up every hour, feeling nauseated and throwing up once in a while even though she had taken some medicines. However, she couldn’t miss today’s meeting, so she pushes herself to go working at that state.

Once she gets out her room, she is greeted by Chanyeol’s mother.

“Good morning, sweetheart. Did you sleep well? Are you feeling better now?” She smiles warmly to Kyungsoo.

“Good morning, eomma. I’m feeling better now,” Kyungsoo lies so that they won’t be worried about her. She puts some simple make ups to hide her pale face, but she couldn’t hide her weak body.

“Really? You still look weary, though. Why don’t you call for sick today?”

Kyungsoo forces a smile to her, “I’m okay, eomma. I have an important meeting this afternoon, I can’t be absent.”

“Okay, if you said so. Let’s eat breakfast first before you go.”

“I’m sorry I didn’t help on making breakfast.”

“It’s okay, darling. Yoora was helping me earlier, besides you are not feeling well. We wouldn’t want you to tire yourself more,” she says, rubbing Kyungsoo’s back.  

“Are you sure you’re strong enough to work today?” Yoora says while walking to the dining room.

“Yeah. I’ll manage somehow. Don’t worry,” Kyungsoo smiles weakly at her.

--

Kyungsoo actually feels better during the day. She can do her activity like usual, even though still feeling nauseated and throwing up sometimes but less frequent than yesterday. And her presentation at the meeting is successfully done.

The meeting is over at 6 p.m. Kyungsoo, Sehun, and Junmyeon are planning to have a dinner at a new Chinese restaurant in town. They ride Junmyeon’s sedan. Junmyeon is driving while chatting with Sehun beside him and Kyungsoo is sitting quietly at the backseat.

It is winter and it’s normal to feel cold but Kyungsoo feels even colder than usual. She wears layers of clothing inside her coat but still feeling cold. She spots a blanket on the other side of the backseat.

“Oppa, can I use your blanket?” she finally says.

“Sure, do you feel cold? Should I raise the heater?” he asks sincerely.

“Yes, please,” with Junmyeon’s permission she wraps her tiny body with that small yet warm blanket. 

The ride continues with Junmyeon and Sehun still chat every once in a while. Kyungsoo feels worse, she feels so cold, and her body starts to shiver, her teeth cackling. Junmyeon seems to notice there is something wrong with Kyungsoo. He sees Kyungsoo from the rear view mirror. Her face looks pale, she can’t seem to stop shivering and her breaths sound uneven.

“Kyungsoo-yah, are you okay?” Junmyeon asks her worriedly, he slowing down his sedan and pull over to the road side.

Kyungsoo, still wrapped by a blanket, stutters, “I-it’s… r-really… cold.”

“Sehun-ah, check on her. She doesn’t look good.” Junmyeon says to Sehun as Sehun moves to the backseat hurriedly.

Once Sehun closes the door and sit beside Kyungsoo, he touches Kyungsoo’s hand and startles, “Gosh, you’re as cold as ice! Hyung, I think we should take her to the nearest hospital. She’s freezing.” Junmyeon nods and starts to speed up to find a hospital.

Sehun takes off his jacket and wraps it around Kyungsoo’s body, attempting to add more warmth for Kyungsoo. He then pulls Kyungsoo’s shivering body to his embrace to share body heat. At that moment, Kyungsoo’s forehead accidentally touches his neck and then he cries, “Oh my God! Noona, you’re burning!”

“What?! A minute ago you said that she was freezing and now she is burning?”

“Well I don’t know. She has a very high fever. We need to take her to ER as fast as possible.”

Kyungsoo keeps blabbering ‘it’s cold’ for the umpteenth time. Sehun hugs her tighter with an arm and caressing her face with his free hand. He whispers comforting words to her ear; try to remain calm even though he is really worried about Kyungsoo’s condition.

“S-sehun-ah. I-it’s c-cold,” She keeps rambling with half-lidded eyes against Sehun’s shoulder. The good thing is, at least she still recognise to whom she is talking to. Her body is still shaking even though they had tried every possible ways to warm her. Tears falling down from her eyes, probably because of her high fever.

Sehun wipes her tears and say softly, “It’s okay, noona. You’re going to be fine.”

--

By the time they are arrived at Cheonguk Hospital, Sehun carries her bridal style to ER since she couldn’t walk properly while Junmyeon is parking his car. Sehun carries her with so much difficulty because of layers of clothes on Kyungsoo’s body.

Kyungsoo presses her cheek to Sehun’s broad chest and mumbles, “I-I’m sorry, S-sehun-ah.” Sehun said nothing and rushes to ER.

Once they arrived at the ER, Sehun laid Kyungsoo on hospital bed cautiously. A nurse comes and evaluating Kyungsoo’s condition.

“Hello, Miss. What is your name? How do you feel?” she asks while checking her vital signs.

“I-I’m D-doh Kyungsoo. I feel s-so cold, dizzy, my eyes are burning. A few d-days ago I-I start to feel nauseated a-and throwing up s-so many t-times,” She stutters but tries her best to explain her condition. She feels delirious and weak but tries so hard to keep her eyes open.

The thermometer is beeping; the said nurse takes it and a look at it. “Wow, 107.60 F, it’s really high. Wait a second, I’ll call Doctor Kim.”

Sehun shocks after hearing Kyungsoo’s body temperature, he never knows that a human could actually have a high temperature like that. He keeps caressing Kyungsoo’s forehead as if it will help to shoo the fever away.

Doctor Kim is coming and now Sehun is waiting behind the curtain. He checks Kyungsoo’s medical record as the nurse takes off Kyungsoo’s clothing and leaves her with her tank-top. And then he examines her heartbeat with a stethoscope, looking so serious. He examines her body while trying to keep asking her questions about her condition even though she looks confused and can’t explain things clearly.

“You are experiencing dehydration because of excessive vomiting since days ago. I’m going to give some fluid and vitamin C through IV. Nurse Park will also draw some blood for lab check. You might have some problems in your digestive system, so we need to check it,” He says briefly to Kyungsoo with a comforting smile. “Have you taken some medicine?”

“Yes, but I don’t remember the name,” she says weakly but thankfully her stuttering had stopped.

“It’s okay then. I’ll come again later once the lab check had done,” he pats Kyungsoo’s arm lightly; she nods weakly and mutters a quiet thank you to the doctor.

Nurse Park put on a hospital gown on her, and then did a venepuncture on her left hand. Kyungsoo is cringing when the needle enters her vein. The nurse is administrating some medicines through IV, and then leaves her with Sehun. She says the lab check will be done in 1 hour.  Kyungsoo is fallen asleep not long after she got the medicine.

--

When Kyungsoo opens her eyes, she is no longer in ER but has been transferred to a ward. She is drenched in sweat and feels slightly better. She still feels nauseated and dizzy though. She spots her boyfriend trying to fit his long body on the couch, he is trying to sleep.

“Chan… yeol,” she mutters quietly. 

Kyungsoo’s voice is barely audible, but Chanyeol catches it nonetheless. He stands up abruptly and goes to the bedside and then presses a button to call a nurse.

“Kyungsoo-yah, do you want some water?” he asks as he caresses Kyungsoo’s sweaty forehead and feels that her body is still burning, his eyes looking at Kyungsoo softly, worries plastered all over his face. Kyungsoo nods weakly and then Chanyeol helps her to drink while they are waiting for a nurse to come.

Not long after, soft knocking sound is heard. A woman in her late thirties which looks gentle comes in. She is Nurse Song, the nurse in charge, who comes with equipment to check Kyungsoo’s condition. She checks Kyungsoo’s vital signs and writes things on Kyungsoo’s medical record.

“How do you feel, Miss Doh? Still feels dizzy or cold?” the nurse asks while arranging equipment that she used to examined Kyungsoo.

“I feel better, but still dizzy,” Kyungsoo answers weakly to the nurse.

“Your temperature is still high, it’s 102.20F. I’ll call Doctor Kim and see what’s best for you,” the nurse says, offering a warm smile. “Mister Park, can you leave for a moment? I’m going to change Miss Doh’s clothing to a fresh one.” 

Chanyeol is smirking mischievously to Kyungsoo, even though she doesn’t seem to notice, “It’s okay, ma’am. I’ve seen her body more than enough. She won’t mind. Right, baby?”

If Kyungsoo is in her good shape, Chanyeol must have been smacked by her tiny fists. She loves him but she doesn’t like showing affections in public. Unfortunately, the least she can do to Chanyeol right now is rolling her eyes. Chanyeol is smiling playfully and keeps on rubbing her flushed cheek with his thumb.

Once Nurse Song finished changing Kyungsoo’s clothes, she takes her leave and tells the couple that she’ll be back in a minute.

“I miss you. How could you end up like this, baby? You always say that health is important, but I can see that you are not taking good care of your own,” he says softly, caressing her burning forehead.

Kyungsoo hears Chanyeol but she opts to keep silent with her eyes closed, enjoying Chanyeol’s hand movement on her forehead. Chanyeol doesn’t mind, he keeps on doing that and staring at her face with concern.

The nurse comes back with a bowl of porridge and some medicines for Kyungsoo, “I’ve called Doctor Kim, and he’ll come later. He said you can take these medicines for now.” She places the tray on the bedside table and says, “You must be hungry, because you haven’t eaten anything since last night. Eat your meal first and then take your medicines. I’ll take my leave now; if you need anything don’t hesitate to press the nurse call button.” She smiles and bows slightly to the pair, Chanyeol stands up and bow to her before she left.

Chanyeol helps Kyungsoo to sit, and spooning a spoonful of porridge, “Now, let me feed you, little girl. Open your mouth. Say Ah…”

Kyungsoo turns her head to the side, refuses to open .

“Come on, honey. I know you are starving. You should eat before taking your meds.”

“I don’t want to. If I eat, I’ll just end up vomiting again. I’m tired of throwing up, Yeol,” she says weakly, not brave enough to tell that to Chanyeol’s face.

“But your condition won’t get any better if you starve yourself. Eat a little, please.”

Kyungsoo still refuses to eat, stubborn as ever. She knows she gives a hard time for Chanyeol but she really is not in the mood to ingest anything.

Chanyeol is running out of idea to make his lover eat. He can’t leave her like this. He puts the bowl on the tray and then sits on the bed facing her. He cups Kyungsoo’s face and turns her face tenderly. He places his forehead against hers, not minding the burning sensation he feels from her.

“Kyungsoo-yah, I’m sorry I don’t know how you feel right now. But please try to eat even if just a little, okay?” he whispers to her, and then kiss her eyelid softly. “It’s making me sad to see you like this,” he says as he caresses her cheeks softly.

Tears are escaping Kyungsoo’s eyes; she doesn’t want to make him sad. She sniffles and not answering Chanyeol. She hates herself for being such a burden.

“Would you like to take ten spoonful of it?” Chanyeol still trying to get her eat. Kyungsoo is still not answering. “Seven?” He waits for her to answer him. “Okay, five then. If you still refuse it, I’m going home now,” He thinks the best option he has now is to give her a little threat; he knows she wouldn’t like to being left alone at this state.

“Don’t,” She quickly grabs Chanyeol’s hand. “Don’t leave me.”

Chanyeol’s plan works, he hides his smile and says, “So you agree to eat and taking the meds?”

Kyungsoo nods weakly, agreeing to eat and take the meds.

“That’s my girl,” Chanyeol says while wiping her tears with his thumb; even though her tears are still uncontrollably falling from her eyes. “You can stop crying now; I’m not going anywhere, boo,” he flashes a small smile and kisses her cheek lightly.

--

Chanyeol never leave her side for days since she is hospitalised. His family has offered to take turns to accompany her, but he turned down the offer. He wants to make sure Kyungsoo’s health is improving and of course because he misses her so much, thanks to the training camp, they had been apart for two weeks.

Two days later, Kyungsoo’s condition is getting better. Her fever has finally dissipates, her face colour is much better than before, her appetite is slowly getting back to normal, but she still feels weak and nauseated sometimes. Doctor Kim says she can discharge from hospital tomorrow.

“Can’t I just go home today?” Kyungsoo whines to Chanyeol.

“You heard what Doctor Kim said earlier, right? Tomorrow we’ll go home,” Chanyeol says, pinching Kyungsoo’s cheek lightly.

“I’m bored, Chaaaan…”

“Hey. Being childish is my role, not yours. It’s good for you to get more rest.”

“I hate you,” Kyungsoo turns her body to the right side so Chanyeol faces her backside.

“Oh come on, baby girl. I know you don’t. Two days ago you were asking for me to stay,” Chanyeol says to annoy his girlfriend.

Kyungsoo blushes hard; she regrets her behaviour when she had fever, “S-shut up! You’re making me sick again.”

Then soft knocks heard. Sehun and Baekhyun enter the ward. They coincidentally bump to each other at the lobby earlier.

Baekhyun runs to Kyungsoo right after he entered the ward. “Kyungsoo, my baby. Are you okay? How could you not tell me that you’re sick?” He says softly, placing his forehead against hers. Baekhyun didn’t know that his beloved cousin was hospitalised, thanks to Sehun and Junmyeon who can keep this matter from the media.

“I’m okay now. You don’t have to worry,” She snuggles her head to her cousin’s neck, find comfort from the man in front of her.

Chanyeol brings up his child like manners this time. He extracts Kyungsoo from Baekhyun, “Thank you for worrying about my girlfriend.” Jealousy can be heard from the way he talks. Kyungsoo is glaring at her boyfriend, now she sits comfortably on the bed and never let go Baekhyun’s hand, not minding Chanyeol’s glare.  

Sehun who witnesses the behaviours of them can’t help but laugh.

“What are you laughing at?” Chanyeol says in annoyance.

“Nothing,” Sehun says, still laughing by himself. “Kyungsoo Noona, I’m sorry I’ve just had the time to visit you,” Sehun says when finally he calmed down.

Kyungsoo shakes her head, “I should be the one who say sorry for troubling you days ago. If it’s not for you and Junmyeon Oppa, I might be gone by now. Thank you.” She offers Sehun her bright smile forgetting that she was annoyed at her boyfriend.

“It’s nothing. I’m glad you are okay now. Take your time to recover. You’ve worked too hard these days,” Sehun says sincerely to his dearest Kyungsoo Noona, soft smiles decorating his handsome face.

“Kyungsoo will be discharged tomorrow. I’m going to take her to my house and make sure she has the rest she needs,” Chanyeol informs Baekhyun and Sehun.

“I don’t want to,” Kyungsoo tells Chanyeol tightening her grip on Baekhyun’s hand. She is being childish at this moment. “Can I stay with you instead?” she asks her cousin.

“Anything for my lovely Kyungsoo,” Baekhyun caresses her cheek lightly.

Chanyeol who is burned by jealousy can’t hold it any longer, “Fine, just go with him. I’m leaving now.”

Chanyeol is about to open the door when Nurse Song comes in bringing Kyungsoo’s meds and doing her afternoon visit on Kyungsoo. He bows slightly to the nurse and decides to stay at the ward. She bows back and enters the ward.

“Hello Miss Doh. How are you doing?” she smiles warmly to the patient.

“I feel fine. Thank you for your care,” Kyungsoo replies politely and grateful for her presence during her stay at the hospital.

“I’m just doing my job,” she smiles while checking Kyungsoo’s temperature. “Your condition is improving so well. You should thank your boyfriend for doing a good job to look after you,” the nurse says sincerely.

Kyungsoo really knows that and really thank Chanyeol for his patience to look after her. She decides to put a stop on being childish and give her gigantic boyfriend her most beautiful smile. Chanyeol seems to forget his jealousy and annoyance, thanks to Kyungsoo’s smile.

“Have you ever thought of marrying her?” she teases the couple.

“If she wanted to, then I want it too.” Chanyeol takes Kyungsoo’s hand and look into her eyes deeply. “Kyungsoo-yah, should we get married?”

“Yeah,” she nods slightly. Chanyeol smiles from ear to ear, that is the widest smile that Kyungsoo has ever seen. He never thought it will be that easy to ask for Kyungsoo’s hand.

“You’ve made goals to my heart,” Chanyeol adds, kissing her temple. Kyungsoo slaps Chanyeol’s bicep for his cheesiness but she can’t hide her happy smiles from them.

“Did I just witness a wedding proposal?” Sehun dumbfounds.

Baekhyun squeals, “My little girl is getting married. I can’t believe it. Make sure you’ll make her happy or else I won’t hesitate to kill you.”

“Make sure to invite me when the time comes,” Nurse Song chuckles. “I’ll take my leave then.”

--

 

A/N:

I started to write this chapter when Chanyeol asked Kyungsoo to do a subunit on Pepero fansign on November 20th 2016, but I just finished it today. I'm not satisfied with it, maybe I'm going to edit it later. I'm sorry for  typos and bad grammars.

Thanks anyway, for everyone who had given this fic a shot :)