On-screen kiss

A Goal to My Heart

This is FIFA world cup 2018 final match between South Korean national football team and Chinese national football team. Full time whistle had been blown. But the champion is not yet announced, it’s not the end of the final match. Current score for both teams are 0-0; they will play another two rounds of 15 minutes extra time and penalty shoot-out if the scores are still tied after extra time.

“The match between Taegeuk Warriors and Team Dragon was pretty intense; ball possession percentage was 49%-51%. Luhan, a striker from Chinese team, was almost score a goal, but thanks to Captain Park, the goal was saved. The extra time will begin in a couple minutes. This is Doh Kyungsoo, from Moscow, for SMB Sports.” the petite pitch-side reporter reported, and then the sound of the whistle which indicating the extra time begins was heard.

--

The scores are still tied even after extra time ended. The only way to determine the winner is penalty shoot-out which is giving a heavy burden to the goalkeepers.

Kim Minseok is the first player who challenges Chinese team’s goal. He kicks the ball to the left side of the goal but unfortunately still blocked by the goalkeeper. The tension is getting thicker as Luhan successfully score a goal to Captain Park’s goal. Thankfully, the midfielder of South Korean team, Choi Minho, manages to score a goal. It makes the spectators going wild for both teams.

The last kicker from The Team Dragon is their tall defender, no other than Kris Wu. The current penalty scores are 2-1 for South Korean team. If Captain Park managed to block this last shot, South Korean will become the first ever Asian country which wins world cup trophy.

Everyone who watches the match, in the stadium or on TV, holds their breath as Kris Wu kicks targeting Captain Park’s goal. He kicks to the upper right corner hardly; Captain Park nearly misses the ball, but manages to touch the ball so it misses the goal by a few millimetres.

Everyone screams so hard. The South Korean team, the coach, and the officials are running towards Captain Park. They are laughing and crying in joy. They are doing a group hug and then shouting for their victory. Someone hands Captain Park a huge South Korean flag, and then he is spreading the flag and running around the field with his national flag.

The reporters are starting to fill the field; they don’t want to miss a historical moment like this, especially the media from South Korean Republic. They have to deliver the precious moment to everyone on their country. Doh Kyungsoo as one of the reporter also cannot miss it. She is running towards the centre of the field with her cameraman, Oh Sehun.

“What a great day to remember, for our country is the first Asian country which becomes the champion of FIFA world cup,” Kyungsoo says proudly with her microphone on her right hand, facing the camera. Just then she sees Coach Ahn nearby, and she approaches him to do a quick interview. “Congratulations, Coach. Your team manage to make our country proud,” she shakes hands with the coach.

“Ah.. Thank you. We will not be able to come this far without your support,” he says to the camera.

“How do you feel right now?” she inquires.

“It feels really nice; finally we can be the champion after we failed 16 years ago. All the regrets that we had from the past are finally dissipate,” he replies with a big smile.

“Thank you so much for your time coach,” she says, bowing slightly to Coach Ahn.

Right after she ended her conversation with the coach, Oh Sehun is signalling her to do some interviews to the players. And she approaches Kim Minseok, the striker.

“Kim Minseok-ssi, congratulations on your winning,” she says, smiling brightly to the player.

“Thank you so much,” he says while waving to the camera, greeting the people in the South Korea.

“What do you think about the game?” she asks to the striker.

“Well, that was pretty intense and exhausting. In my opinion, the Chinese team played really well, especially Luhan, their striker. We thought we wouldn’t win against them, but thanks to everyone who always supports us, we made it until here,” he says emotionally. Thank you for people of South Korean Republic,” he adds sincerely bowing deeply to the camera.

“Who played the best?” she asks another question.

“As much as I want to say I played the best, I think Captain Park took the biggest role on our winning,” Kyungsoo smiles a little at the mention of Captain Park. “He leads carefully, tries to keep the team calm, analysing calmly, come up with some great spontaneous strategies, and of course defending our goal beautifully,” Minseok answers without a doubt.

“Thank you so much for your time, Minseok-ssi,” she shakes hands with him.

Oh Sehun’s camera catches the moment when Park Chanyeol and Kris Wu are shaking hands. They are talking and laughing together; despite the disappointments the Chinese team must have felt. Both of them were playing for EXO FC for two years, that’s why they seem so comfortable around each other, and they are hugging in a brotherly way before parting.

-- 

At the SMB studio in Seoul, a graceful news anchor is preparing herself to do a live broadcast regarding South Korea wins.

“Good morning, this is Park Yoora from the SM Broadcasting Studio. Today’s headline news is South Korea’s first wins on FIFA world cup 2018. We will contact our reporter on duty in Russia. Reporter Doh, how is the situation in Moscow?”

”Yes, Anchor Park, the official press conference was just ended and now I’m here with our heroes, The South Korean national team members,” she says with a hyper tone to the camera. The camera zooms out and revealing a dozen of South Korean footballers with the world cup trophy and gold medals on their necks.

“Please greet the viewers,” Kyungsoo says. “Oh and it’s four in the morning at South Korea right now,” she adds, informing the footballers.

“Good morning to all South Korean people, we’re dedicating this trophy for our country. Daehan Minguk Manse!” Captain Park Chanyeol greets the viewers with his deep booming voice.

“So, how are you guys feeling right now?”

Kim Jongin, the defender, answers in the verge of crying, “It’s kind of disappointing for me for not contributing too much in this competition because of my injury,” he says in a shaky voice. “We’re so happy to win this trophy, all the hard work and the tight schedule practices lead us to this glory.”

“All the regrets that we hold for 16 years are finally paid off,” Kim Minseok adds.

“Becoming the very first Asian country to win this trophy; is making it even more precious,” Choi Minho, the midfielder, adds. “And we would like to thank you to everyone who always supports us until we reach this point.”

“Once again, congratulations for winning this trophy. And thank you for making our country proud,” Kyungsoo says as the footballers bowing deeply to the camera and leave. “Now, we’re back to the studio.” Kyungsoo startled to see an all smiley giant suddenly standing beside her.

“Reporter Doh, seems like Captain Park still have some words to say,” Anchor Park says from the studio.

“O-oh.. Well..” Kyungsoo stutters. “All the members already leave, why you are still here?” she asks awkwardly.

“Uhm.. Well.. It’s because I think the interview is not ended yet,” he replies with the same awkward manner. Sehun seems trying so hard to bite back his laughter behind the camera.

“Who would’ve thought that it would happen this soon,” Kyungsoo says, staring deeply to Captain Park’s wide eyes. Those words are only the both of them know.

Park Chanyeol smiles cheekily, “What do you want me to say? What can I say?”

Kyungsoo decides to be a professional and putting on her serious face, “Well, then, tell us how you feel?”

Captain Park decides to playing along with the much shorter woman in front of him, “I’m very happy, it’s a great moment. I think we deserved it from the beginning,” he pauses and thinking for a moment. “And I’d like to express my gratitude to the people who always supports me. To my parents,” he pauses again. “To my noona, Yoora Noona, I love you!” He yells, forming two little hearts with his fingers towards the camera.

And then a long awkward pause happened. They don’t dare to look at each other eyes. And they seem to forget that they are on national TV live report at the moment. Sehun gives a sign to Kyungsoo to wrap up this interview.

Finally, Kyungsoo breaks the silence. ”Okay, let’s talk about the match; and then--”

“To my friends and you,” he suddenly kisses Kyungsoo deeply for a couple seconds, not letting her finishes her words and not caring that they are on national broadcast at the moment. “I’m off then,” he says and takes his leave after kissing Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo can’t say a word, her mind is blank. She can’t comprehend what was just happened until Sehun called, “Noona, wrap this up!” he said in a very quiet voice.

“Uh. Oh. Yeah,” she still looks disoriented, her cheeks slowly getting red, and her heart beats faster.

“Junmyeon Hyung, let Yoora Noona takes over from studio. Kyungsoo Noona is not in her right mind now,” Sehun decides to contacts the staff from studio. With that, he turns off the camera and approaches Kyungsoo. “Noona! Kyungsoo Noona! Get a hold of yourself,” he says while laughing uncontrollably and cooing at her.

After a while, Kyungsoo finally come back to her senses and starts to smacks Sehun for cooing her. And she just realised how embarrassing to be kissed in the middle of an interview with millions pairs of eyes are watching them.

--

On the next evening, the entire official and the national team members reserve a club to make a little celebration for their achievement before going home the day after tomorrow. They can bring along their friends and acquaintances that are currently in Moscow.

Of course, Captain Park doesn’t miss this chance to take her girlfriend to the gathering. He tries to make several calls to her because they are not staying at the same hotel, but fails miserably. She doesn’t answer his calls, so he texts her instead.

To: Boo Love (01:53 a.m.)

Kyungsoo-yah, are you asleep?

He got no answer. So he tries again.

To: Boo Love (01:54 a.m.)

Or, are you mad at me because of what happened earlier?

Still, there are no answers from the said girlfriend.

To: Boo Love (01:55 a.m.)

Kyungsoo-yah.

Kyungsoo-yah.

Kyungsoo-yah.

‘She must have been sleeping then, it’s been a long day after all,’ Chanyeol thinks to himself and decides to call her later.

--

Meanwhile, Kyungsoo can’t sleep at all. She still can’t forget about the kiss. It’s not like that was the first time he kissed her, heck, they even had slept together. The thing is nobody knows about their relationship and she never expected that Chanyeol would boldly show his affection towards her to the world like he just did. She thinks it’s embarrassing to reveal their relationship like that. But, she is happy nonetheless, it’s nice to have someone who claims you proudly like Chanyeol do.

She tries to sleep, but fails miserably. She just lies on her bed, doing nothing. And then she turns on her mobile and found 7 missed calls and 5 new messages from no other than Chanyeol. Guilt starts to creep up on her because of that. Sometimes she forgets that her tall boyfriend always make a goodnight call to her before bed. She wants to call him, but afraid she will disturb his sleep right now. In the end, she decides to text him.

To: Cap Chanyeol (03:38 a.m.)

Chanyeol-ah, I’m sorry I didn’t pick up your call. I couldn’t sleep, but I turned off my phone.

A moment later, not even a minute, after she sends him a message, he makes a video call.

“Are you not sleeping?”

“I can’t, thanks to you my mind filled with that stupid kiss,” she says with annoyed tone, rolling her eyes.

“Ahahahaha… I know you love it,” he laughs whole heartedly to his girlfriend’s answer.

“It’s considered as inappropriate content for a news broadcast in our country. And to make it even worse, it was a live report which cannot be edited, you fool.”

Chanyeol continues to giggles to his cute girlfriend’s rants, “Well, I’m sorry, Baby. The truth is; I’ve planned it from a long time. I thought on how I suppose to announce my relationship with you, and that moment was just right, and I just went with the flow,” he really wants to pinch her chubby cheeks right now.

Kyungsoo sighs, knowing she can’t win against his boyfriend, “Why are you not sleeping then?”

“Hmm.. because I want to sleep next to you right now. Should I go to your room now?” he hopes she will say yes.

“Stop joking and sleep, Park Chanyeol. We’re staying at different hotels, and for your information, my place is filled with the media. I don’t want to give them a gossip material for free. Besides, you just giving a huge gift for our country, you must be tired,” she tries to change the topic.

“But I’m not joking, Kyungsoo-yah. And I don’t care about the media,” he tries to give her a kicked puppy looks.

She is groaning at the sight of his boyfriend, “We can sleep together later and the sun seems ready to rise anyway. I’ll try to get some sleep as well,” she is about to end the call.

“Aaah.. wait, Kyungsoo-yah! Tonight we’ll have a little celebration at a club nearby. Would you come to accompany me?”

After thinking for a while, she finally says, “Sure. But, please don’t ask me to give explanation about our relationship to your teammates,” she yawns. “Okay, Yeol, I’m starting to feel drowsy now. See you later, babe.”

“Sweet dreams, Boo,” he says, smooching his mobile screen.

--

 

*Taegeuk warriors and team dragons are South Korean and Chinese national team nicknames

 

A/N:

I want to make it longer, but I have no inspirations atm. So marked this a completed fic.  I'm going to post next chapter later. Thanks for reading.

Kamsahamnida :)