I just call to say how much I care

I just call to say I love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mingyu attentively investigates the pile of reports Business Department has just handed in, more than half of the cigarette that hasn't reached his lips for once ever since being lit has been burnt. Only when the ashes falls down, scattering on the reports he has yet to touched does he seems to be awaken, hurriedly removes the ashes and take the cigarette to his mouth, inhaling a deep breath. Suddenly, the phone placed in the corner of his working table vibrates, on the screen appears the image of a young guy with round glasses avidly reading a book, bangs going over his eyebrows. As if he was surprised, Mingyu lets out a few cough before answering the call.

"I'm listening. School's over already, Wonwoo?"

"Hello ajusshi. I still have one more compensation lesson. Right now I'm moving to its classroom." Wonwoo walks along the hallway, using his shoulder and his head to hold the phone. His hands are busy with a pile of books borrowed when he dropped by the library taking the mean time. "The thing is, I wanna say sorry. I woke up late this morning so I couldn't pack a lunch box for you. Have you had your lunch yet?" He asks with a calm voice.

Mingyu looks up to the clock hung on the wall opposite him. Eleven twenty. "It's ten more minutes for lunch time to come tho. Besides, I have a meeting at 1PM and a lot of documents to check. I'd better not have lunch today."

"Hey, hey, hey." Wonwoo steps out to the school yard, approaching the bench under a ginkgo tree, furiously tossing all the books down and clenching the fist. "Do not skip your meal! If your stomach ulcer thingy happens one more time, are you going to blame it one me? Or do you want me to play truant at this lesson taking a bus bringing food to your company forcing you to eat? That sounds pretty good, I haven't been absent for once ever since this semester started."

Mingyu bursts into laughter, there is no one in front of him but he still brings to right hand up to cover his mouth. Every time he laughs when talking to Wonwoo, he gets scolded by the latter for his "scary af" cuspids. "Are you worrying about me? Thank you. There's no need to bother you like that, I myself can handle."

"You definitely have to eat, alright? Convenience store's sandwich counts as 'eat' too. Do.not.skip.your.meal.you.hear.me?"

"Haha. Alright I got it." Mingyu's laughter echoes through the receiver, which makes Wonwoo furrow his eyebrows and take the phone away from his ear a little bit. "What time does school end this afternoon? I'll come and pick you up."

Wonwoo looks up at the ginkgo tree's lush green canopy. "Nah, I have a mid-term test on Civil Law this afternoon. An oral test, which means I shall leave as soon as I finish it. I'm afraid it will be much sooner than when your work time ends."

"It's okay, I can come pick you up and then return to my workplace." Mingyu holds out one hand, fondling a leave of the honeysuckle potted on his table.

"There's no need to do that." Wonwoo bites his lips.

"Are you embarrassed?" Mingyu trails off, his voice filled with sadness. No one can ever tell if Wonwoo feels ashamed in front of his friends for dating someone nearly two times his age.

Wonwoo's cheeks flush. "It's not what you're thinking."

"The thing is... The other day Moon - the half-Chinese bastard I sometimes tell you - saw the selfie you try taking with my phone. He turned to ask me 'Is he your sugar daddy? Looks gud bro.' Tell me, can you sustain words like those?"

"He is not wrong tho?" Mingyu laughs. He feels relieved, as if the huge burden clinging on his heart has been taken off.

"You mad? Okay so just don't let him see you, gosh if he saw you I swear I might have to keep my head down until my graduation day."

"If things become that bad, just quit, I'll bring you up."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter