Let The Games Begin

Friendship

Chapter V

Let The Games Begin!

“Are you sure you’re feeling alright?” Siwon asked Kyuhyun for the nth time. It had been three hours since Kyuhyun was admitted in the hospital. He was already treated, the wound on his led was cleaned and properly bandaged and his arm was in a sling. Yep, a pretty normal, everyday scene at the hospital…

Kyuhun giggled a little, his braces showing once again. “I’m alright,” he paused, wincing as he tried to stand up. “You heard what the doctor said earlier, I’m fine. Look, my parents will be here any second now and you should quietly slip out because you know my dad, he’ll question you as to why I am like this.” The younger boy said as he motion for Siwon to leave.

“I can explain to your dad.” Siwon said. “I mean, it’s not our fault that some loser almost ran you over.”

“That’s true but, seriously, you should go, Eun Hye is probably going ballistic by now because we’re still not there.” Kyuhyun said.

“Don’t worry, I already called her. She’s on her way here now, I think your other friend will be here to.” He said.

Kyuhyun couldn’t mask the surprise on his face. “You did? What was her reaction?”

Siwon tried not to chuckle but he did. “Well, she probably Godzilla’d the living room judging from the things that I heard breaking while I was on the phone with her.” He paused leaning in to whisper to Kyuhyun’s ear. “She even threatened that she’d pull all my hair out if something seriously bad happened to you. So, if you see me having my hair shaved tomorrow for our tutoring sessions, just look away because it won’t suit me.”

“I’m sure it will suit you…any hair style would.” Kyuhyun said quietly.

“What did you say?” Siwon asked, looking at Kyuhyun.

The young boy just bit his bottom lip. Caught red handed. “Nothing. Nothing at all.”

Siwon shrugged, oblivious to what Kyuhyun was thinking about. Yes. It was wrong to have these kind of feelings for Siwon but Kyuhyun’s mind kept on wandering on the topic. What am I thinking? Siwon won’t look at me in that way...I mean, we’re both guys…that’d be so weird, besides, he’ll probably just laugh at me if I bring it up…these thoughts, they will fade away too, right? Kyuhyun snapped out of his reverie when Eun Hye’s voice was heard from across the hallway. She barged inside the room and looked at Siwon, squinting her eyes.

“What happened?!” She asked, going over to Kyuhyun and kissing his forehead. “What did you dot to my baby Kyu?” She looked at Siwon, as if demanding for an answer. Siwon looked at her and smiled.

“Wow, you got here on record time…did you skip lunch?” he asked, trying to lighten the mood.

Eun Hye raised an eyebrow. “No. I ate while riding the bus with those two…” she pointed towards Donghae and Eunhyuk who were standing at the door.

“Donghae….hey man, what are you doing here?” He asked before high fiving with his best friend and then patting Eunhyuk on the shoulder. “You’re Eunhyuk right?” He asked. The other boy nodded.

“Wow, finally after years of being best friend’s with Eunhyuk, you finally remembered my BFF’s name!” Eun Hye announced.

Eunhyuk shrugged awkwardly and walked towards Kyuhyun and patted his head softly. “Are you okay buddy?” He asked. Kyuhyun nodded as Eun Hyuk kissed Kyuhyun’s forehead like a big brother. Siwon saw this and felt a twinge of jealousy. He shrugged, trying to ignore it. He turned to Donghae.

“What made come here with my evil little sister?” He asked.

“She held me hostage. She told me that I can’t stay at your place if I don’t tell her where this hospital is located.” Donghae said.

That caught Siwon’s attention. “Wait…Hold up. You’re staying at my place?” He asked, a little caught off guard.

Donghae rubbed the back of his neck with his right hand. He sighed. “Yeah, man, I hope that’s okay with you, I mean…you know what my situation with my mom is.” He looked at Siwon and flashed and embarrassed smile. “I already talked to your parents about it and they told me I can stay at your room just as long as we don’t get into trouble.” He said. “I hope you’re cool with that.” He looked down to his feet and shuffled them.

Siwon patted Donghae’s shoulder. “I’m cool with that. It’d be great to have you there so that I won’t constantly be dealing with Eun Hye alone. I need some back up to piss her off, you know?” He said giving Donghae a friendly smile.

“Thanks, man, I really appreciate it,” He said. “Don’t worry. It’ll only be for a few days.”

“You can stay as long as you want.” Siwon reassured.

Meanwhile Eun Hye and Eunhyuk were doting on Kyuhyun so much, he could have been their child. “Check those two out…” Donghae whispered.

Siwon chuckled a little. Eun Hye heard him and narrowed her eyes at the two. “Is something funny?” She asked.

Both Siwon and Donghae shook their heads. “Well, um, since you guys are here, I guess I’ll take off with Donghae then…cool?” He asked Eun Hye.

“Whatever.” Eun Hye said in her monotonal b*tchy voice. Siwon looked at Kyuhyun, who was looking at him as well.

“Well, uh, Kyuhyun, uh, feel better, and I hope you recover soon. Give me a call if we will be able to resume the tutoring session tomorrow!” He said as he waved good bye and left the hospital room with Donghae.

Kyuhyun felt bad because he wasn’t able to say good bye properly but since his best friends are here, he felt his mood lift up a teensy bit.

“Are you okay Kyuhyun?” Eun Hye asked.

The youngest member of their best friendship nodded. “Siwon is very caring…He even piggybacked me on the way here. Please thank him for me.”

Eun Hye let out a throaty laugh. “Are you saying—that—that my obnoxious twin brother is caring? Seriously?”

Kyuhyun nodded. “Yeah. Isn’t he like that to you?” He asked.

Eun Hye looked at Kyuhyun as if he were an alien. “Are you sure we’re talking about my brother?” She asked.

“I guess he treats you differently because you’re his sister,” Kyuhyuhn reckoned.

Eun Hye shrugged. “He actually treats me not like his twin sister—he treats me like a twin brother…” She said.

“That’s funny.” Kyuhyun said. “Anyway, what was Lee Donghae doing with you and Eunhyuk?” he asked.

“Yeah, what’s with him anyway, every time that I talked, he always has a side comment and it’s a little irritating already…” Eunhyuk said adamantly.

“Well, I think he’s just like that…it's really no brainer why he and my brother are best buddies, they both share the same brain…and probably the same level of IQ, for that matter. And as for your other question, Donghae will be staying over at our house for God knows how long. Now I have to deal with two boys near my room and that’s just sooo freaking awesome!” Eun Hye said sarcastically.

Eunhyuk’s eyes widened. “He is staying over at your place?” He asked, not trying to mask the worry in his voice.

“Yes.” Eun Hye noticed the expression on Eunhyuk’s face. “What’s wrong?”

Eunhyuk shook his head. “Nothing.” He said.

Eun Hye looked at Eunyuk as if she were examining a rock for their Geology class—one of her favorite classes aside from their Ethics and Law class. When Eunhyuk didn’t speak anymore, she didn’t bother with him. “Okay…Looks like Kyuhyun could use some ice cream, Eunhyuk would you like some too?”

Eunhyuk looked at Eun Hye and just nodded. “The usual?” She asked.

“Yeah…” He replied.

“How about you? Still the same too?” She asked Kyuhyun who just nodded. “Okay then, I’ll be back with some refreshing ice cream in this cool, blistery winter midmorning.” She hopped off Kyuhyun’s hospital bed and grabbed her Votes V inspired backpack and darting towards the cafeteria which hopefully serves ice cream.

Kyuhyun was looking at Eunhyuk carefully. It somehow made Eunhyuk a little distressed because of the whole Donghae situation. “If ask you what’s wrong would you tell me?” The younger boy asked.

Eunhyuk sighed before nodding. “I was just surprised that…you know, Lee Donghae will be staying at Eun Hye’s house, that’s all.” Kyuhyun furrowed his brows.

“I was surprised too but I was looking at you earlier and you looked more worried than surprised.” Kyuhyun pointed out.

The older boy looked at Kyuhyun. You hit the nail right on the head…He thought to himself; “I guess I am worried…” he replied.

“Why?” It was the only question that Kyuhyun had in mind.

Eunhyuk sighed. “Well…if he will be staying at Eun Hye’s house, there might be a chance he may develop feelings for Eun Hye…”

Kyuhyun chuckled a little. Eunhyuk looked at Kyuhyun and frowned. “It’s not funny.” He protested.

“Sorry. But It’s just impossible for him to like Eun Hye.” Kyuhyun paused, making sure that Eunhyuk was listening to him. “I mean, not to take anything away from our Eun Hye because she is really, really beautiful but have you seen the girls that Lee Donghae goes out on a date with?”

Eunhyuk nodded. “Yeah, all of them hike their uniform skirts so high up, you can probably see their souls and they all wear thick makeup.”

“Is Eun Hye like that?” Kyuhyun asked. The distressed young man shook his head. “Then you don’t have to worry about anything unless Donghae changes his mind about the girls he dates.”

“But what if he does change his preferences? What if he decides to go after Eun Hye?” I won’t be able to compete with him, I mean, I can’t compare…” Eunhyuk said dejectedly.

“You seriously you have self esteem issues.” Kyuhyun said.

Eunhyuk nodded. “Yeah it’s called being a bona fide loser…” he said.

“C’mon, you’re not a loser, besides, if the going gets rough, I think Eun Hye would choose you over Donghae anytime of the day.”

 

December 20, 2006

Only five days to go and it is Christmas, Siwon decided to pay a little visit to Kyuhyun’s place for a little thank you/slash I hope you’re better after being almost ran over by a stupid motor cycle driver get together. He knocked at the door and was greeted with a warm hug from Mrs. Cho. “Hello there, Mrs. Cho, I hope you’re doing great.” He said as he handed a jar of chocolate chip cookies that his mother made. “Here, a little thank you gift from my mom for your generosity to me in the last couple of days that Kyuhyun has been teaching me.”

“It’s not a problem, Siwon. And please thank your mother for me for these cookies, which I’m sure Kyuhyun’s dad would love.” She said as she motioned for Siwon to come on in. “Kyuhyun is up in his room, his arm is still in a cast though because he hit it in the wash basin last night after taking a bath, so now, he still needs it for another month.” Siwon suddenly got worried.

“Will he be okay?” He asked.

Mrs. Cho nodded. “Yeah, he’ll be fine just as long as he doesn’t have that kind of bathroom accident again.”

Siwon walked up the stairs and took a right towards Kyuhyun’s room. He knocked and as soon as he heard Kyuhyun’s voice he opened the door slowly and greeted the younger boy with a smile. “Hey.” Kyuhyun said,

“Hey, are you okay? I heard from your mother that you had an accident and you needed to wear that cast for another month.” Siwon said.

Kyuhyun chuckled. “Yeah. I’m very coordinated, you know?” He said.

Siwon chuckled as well, even if he was already in an accident twice in two weeks, he still finds a way to lighten things up. Siwon walked towards him and placed a paper bag with a smiley face on it. “For me?” Kyuhyun asked.

Siwon nodded. Kyuhyun took out what was inside the paper bag and a big smile formed on his face as he looked at a baby blue colored knitted cap.

“Um, I tried making it perfect but I’m still a little new to knitting and stuff…” Siwon looked down.

“You made this?” Kyuhyun asked as Siwon nodded, a little embarrassed. “It’s really beautiful…thank you…” The younger boy said.

“Really…well, um you’re very welcome, I guess…” Siwon said. “It’s a little thank you gift slash early Christmas present from me…” He walked up to Kyuyun and leaned in and kissed the young boy’s forehead gently. Siwon slowly pulled away and smiled. Kyhyun looked down, his face very red.

“Well, uh, I have to go…and uh...practice basket ball…I hope you feel better…” Siwon said, not letting Kyuhyun get a word in edgewise before leaving his room and closing the door. Kyuhyun smiled a little as he looked at his new, favorite beanie.

Choi Household

Yesung, one of Donghae and Siwon’s seniors decided to pay a little visit to his juniors. Him and Donghae were inside the room that he shared with Siwon. “So you live the Siwon huh?” he said taking in his surroundings.

Donghae nodded. “Yeah.”

Yesung looked at Donghae with a very weird smile. “Well, I’m pretty sure you’ve interacted with his obnoxious little sister right?” He asked.

Donghae shrugged. “Yeah, but she treats me the way she treats Siwon. She’s like a commander general.”

“Well, that girl…I still have issues with when she got me suspended because I snuck out of class during exam week. I want to take my revenge with her…I need you to do that for me, okay?”

“Why me?” Donghae asked, a little nervous because he doesn’t want to get on Yesung’s bad side.

“Because you have all the access pass to embarrass her in public.” Yesung said.

“What do you want me to do?” he asked.

Yesung smiled again. “Well, I want you to date her…no..make her fall in love with you…then when she is in love, break heart on Valentine’s day…”

“Are you serious?”

“Is this not serious?” He flashed a one thousand dollar check in front of Donghae “If you don’t want to do it, then, I can find someone else…” He said as he began to put his leather biker’s jacket on.

“No…Wait…I’ll…” he paused because he knows he’ll regret it one day. “I’ll do it…”

Yesung smiled. “Let the games begin…”

End of the Chapter

Thank you for reading and Do leave some comments!