I Guess I Misjudged Her

Friendship

Chapter IV

I Guess I Misjudged Her

Donghae woke up, feeling like his neck was about to snap off. He slowly sat up and looked around, he was in Siwon’s room. He was still feeling a little dizzy—and hungry. The door creaked open and Donghae sat a little straighte. Eun Hye poked her head in and when she that he was awake, she sighed and entered the room with a tray containing mushroom soup, and water. “What happened to me?” He managed to croak out.

“You passed out in our porch.”She replied as she sat on the chair and placed the tray next to Donghae. “Here, eat this and I’ll come back to replace that gauze on your forehead.” Donghae looked at Eun Hye.

“Gauze?” He asked as Eun Hye nodded. He touched his forehead and felt a a little damp gauze.

“I’m guessing that you hit your head when you collapsed earlier.” Eun Hye said. “Anyway, Siwon called earlier and told me that he would sleep over at my best friend’s house because the tutoring session turned out to be very hard on him.”

Donghae nodded. “Um, did you by any chance called my mother?” he asked. She shook her head, a little confused.

“Do you want my mom to give your mom a call, give my your home phone number and I’ll ask my mom to do it.” Eun Hye said as she stood up.

Donghae shook his head. “No. Don’t bother doing that. I don’t want to talk to her.” He said. Somehow, that didn’t surprise Eun Hye because of what she saw at the Police Station but still, his mother has the right to know what happened to her seventeen year old underage son but it’s Donghae’s decision not to call her and since Eun Hye doesn’t want to start another wrestling match with him, she decided to take his word for it and just leave it at that and not push him anymore.

“As you wish,” she paused, as she walked towards the door. “I’ll be back with the new gauze so we can clean your wound again.”

“Yeah. Okay.” Donghae said. In the several years that Donghae had known this girl, he’d never thought that there would be a day that they would treat each other like this. He always remembered teasing Eun Hye about a lot of things and he and Siwon enjoyed that very much since they were very immature growing up.

Kyuhyun’s House

It was already seven in the morning and Siwon woke up inside an unfamiliar room. He looked around and realized that he is still in Kyuhyun’s room. Man, I dozed off pretty heavily since his bed is so soft and warm. Siwon told himself. Since he was alone inside the room, he decided to look around a bit. There were a lot of trophies, just like in his room but the ones Kyuhyun have are all related to academics as opposed to his sports and recreation trophies. Compared to his room, Kyuhyun’s was cleaner than his, everything is perfectly in place. He looked at the book shelves and found out that everything is categorized by genre and by subject that those categories were alphabetized. Well, I guess Eun Hye isn’t the only one who’s obsessive compulsive. Siwon thought to himself, remembering how his twin sister hates it when he raids her room for some reading materials and he’d never return them in place.

He looked over the end table near the bed and saw a framed picture of Kyuhyun, Eun Hye, and that dorky guy they hang out with…what’s his name? Oh that’s right Eunhyuk. Siwon always had different friends as his sister does too. Whenever they see each other in school it was awkward so they just ignore each other as much as possible. But ever since Siwon saw Kyuhyun for the first time ten year ago, he seemed shy and quiet unlike his sister who’s loud and in-your-face.

When he was done exploring Kyuhyun’s room. He got out and walked down the stairs, he forgot how huge this house is. He heard a pitter-patter on the way down and he followed the sound as it got louder. He was lead to the kitchen and he saw Kyuhyun in an apron, cooking something that smells absolutely delicious. He cleared his throat and the other boy turned around. Siwon felt his breath caught in his throat. Kyuhyun looked cute. He knows that having lewd thoughts for Kyuhyun is wrong but stil…he looked really cute.

“Oh, good morning!” He said with a coy smile on his face. He was wearing a pink apron, his round wire glasses, and his hair is a complete mess. He looked perfect. Siwon knows that he is as straight as an arrow but looking at Kyuhyun right now, it makes me wonder about my preferences.  “Would you like some pancakes?”

Siwon nodded, not knowing what else to say.

“My parents got home pretty late last night.” Kyuhyun said as he placed the steaming plate of food on the table. “They’ll probably wake up at noon since it’s a weekend.”

“Oh, okay.” Siwon replied as his mouth watered at the food in front of him.

 

Choi Household

Eunhyuk was in the front porch of Eun Hye’s house and he was trying to ward off the winter chill. He pressed on the doorbell and waited for the door to be opened, a huge smile on his face came over but it soon faded when someone he least expected opened the door for him. “Oh, hey small fry, it’s you.”

Lee Donghae.

What’s he doing here? Eunhyuk asked himself. He cleared his throat and peered inside to see if Eun Hye was walking past the hallway, sadly she wasn’t.

“What are you doing here?” Donghae asked. Eunhyuk looked at him, completely perplexed by the whole situation.

“Eunhyuk!”

Someone called out for the hallway and both Donghae and Eunhyuk looked at a very happy Eun Hye. She skipped past Donghae and gave Eunhyuk a pinch on his cheeks. “You made it!” She sounded so ecstatic. Donghae just rolled his eyes.

“Hi!” Eunhyuk said, trying to ignore the fact that Donghae was there.

“Let’s go to the living room and watch The Notebook!”

Eunhyuk nodded as Eun Hye led him inside the house. Donghae just looked at them with a weird expression on his face. Seriously? The Notebook? Can they get even dorkier? Donghae asked himself.

Not knowing what else to do, he followed them to the living room since Siwon is still at Cho Kyuhyun’s house. Seriously, Eun Hye, Eunhyuk, and Kyuhyun are so dorky it makes Donghae want to tease them more but since the Choi’s welcomed Donghae with open arms, all he can do right now was to try and get along but seriously, this Eunhyuk is really getting on Donghae’s nerves even though he hasn’t done anything to warrant Donghae to hate on him.

 

Siwon and Kyuhyun

“I think this should be enough, don’t you think?” Kyuhyun asked Siwon. The other boy looked at him and nodded.

“Yeah. It should be enough for my sister since she’ll be eating all of that.” Siwon said. Kyuhuun chuckled as he placed the chocolate chip cookies in a zip lock bag before he and Siwon would bike to the Choi Household and hang out with Eun Hye.

As they got on their bikes and pedaled, Siwon didn’t dare to speed up because he liked talking to Kyuhyun. He guessed it was because he learned a lot from the younger boy. He noticed that he smiles like a kid, not bothering with his nerdy braces. Siwon never really like his braces that’s why he had them taken out three years ago because it makes him look like a person who never brushed his teeth—hey, shame on him for choosing dark brown colored braces because he thought it was cool at the time.

“So, did you learn anything from my tutelage?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Yeah, I did learn a lot, thanks for teaching me by the way, I know it’s a little hard since I’m really no good at studying but you made those formulas and equations easy to understand.”

Kyuhyun smiled a bright smile. “You don’t have to thank me or anything like that. It’s the least I could do because you treated me in a nice way even if your friend was being…” Kyuhyun stopped. “Sorry…I shouldn’t have brought up your best friend in a bad light.”

Siwon shook his head. “Don’t say that. Truth be told, Donghae was way out of line with the things he did. He always bullied you right?”

Kyuhyun nodded. They were too busy talking that Kyuhyun didn’t notice that a motor cycle was darting past him. Siwon’s eyes widened as he saw Kyuhyun get caught off guard and wobbly trying to get away, he swung his bike sideways and fell flat on his back.

 The motor cycle didn’t bother to stop and Siwon cursed at the reckless driver. He dropped his bike on the ground and ran towards Kyuhyun who was groaning in absolute pain. He saw that Kyuhyun has a few scratches on his elbow a deep wound on his left leg and possibly a sprained ankle because he couldn’t move. “Kyuhyun, are you okay?” Siwon asked. The smaller boy nodded as he tried to stand but winced in pain as he felt his body gave in.

“Don’t move. I’ll take you to the hospital, okay?” He said as he crouched and started to piggyback Kyuhyun to the nearest hospital.

“I’m really okay, Siwon.” Kyuhyun said quietly.

“You need to get examined by a doctor okay, just hold on tight and we’ll be there soon.” Siwon huffed. Even though Kyuhyun was heavy for a boy of his stature, Siwon wanted nothing more but for Kyuhyun to get a treatment from the hospital.

End of the Chapter

Thanks for reading and do leave some comments!