I Don't Care If You're Britney friggin' Spears

Friendship

Friendship

Chapter I

December 3, 2006

“Ahh…I really love it when it snows!” Choi Eun Hye said as she spun around the school’s courtyard. It December three and the school let out for the Christmas Vaction.

“Hey, Pig, maybe you should quit your yapping and start walking, if we’re late even for one minute and we get grilled by mom and dad, I swear, I would roast you alive until all your baby fat melts.” Choi Siwon warned his twin sister as he huffed and walked past her. Suddenly he felt a cold bite of snow on his back. He turned to his sister who was smiling mischievously at him whilst holding another snowball. “You do that one more time and I’ll freaking whoop your a*s , you crazy b*tch !” He warned once again.

“Oh you wouldn’t even dream of getting me pissed off, you stupid idiot. Or else I’ll just tell dad that you were drinking the other day with Donghae…” Eun Hye said giving Siwon a wink as she skipped her way towards the bus. Siwon just stood there, looking entirely pissed off at his sister. They both got on the bus wordlessly because it’d be such an embarrassment to argue over who’ll tattle on who.

Yep. The Choi siblings, there was never any moment of peace and quiet between the two of them. Let’s Start with the eldest—by three minutes no less, Choi Siwon. He is a star athlete of the school. He is the captain of the basket ball team and girls flack him with chocolates and candy hearts which he gladly accepts but never really eats them because he is always on a strict diet. Siwon maybe good at thumping in the court but when it comes to school affairs, he falls behind on them and just gets by when he can, he is very close with Donghae a fellow baske ball player—we’ll get to him though later, when he grows up, he dreams of becoming a star player in the NBA, regardless of the team.

On the flip side, there is Eun Hye, his fraternal twin. She is feisty, in-your-face, intelligent and can outwit just about anyone. Eun Hye is always considered as a tomboy but people don’t know this about her, she would stay late at night and watch Leonardo Di Caprio’s movies and dream about him. When she grows up, she would like to be a lawyer and defend injustices against women. She is very close friends with Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun who are both geniuses.

December 5, 2006

“Kyuhyun, sweetie, drink your milk.”

“Yes mom.” Cho Kyuhyun is a sixteen year old sophomore in high school. He is the class president and is one of the top students in the school alongside with Eun Hye and Eunhyuk. Kyuhyun had always been a diligent son but sometimes, it tires him out completely that he’d just want to get away. Right now, he is confused about himself. Who he likes and what he wants in life. He was in a complete crossroads and he is stuck in choosing the right path to take. As he was enjoying the fresh milk that he was drinking the he remembered once again what happened yesterday.

 It had been the last day of the examinations before the school let out for the Christmas break and Kyuhyun, Yoon Hye, and Eunhyuk were eating their lunch in the cafeteria. There were specifications as to where you’d be sitting in the cafeteria. Usually, the best seats were always for the varsity team and the cheerleaders and the seats right next to the trash bins was for the decathlon team which is where the three of them belong.

“I really wish I can freaking eat at that table.” Eun Hye pointed out. Eunhyuk looked at her and cringed.

“You know we can’t right?” Eunhyuk pushed his thick framed glasses up his nose. “I mean, that table is self exile territory, and we’d be stupid to even think of sitting there.”

Eun Hye looked at Eunhyuk as if he were an alien. “Well, we also bring pride and honor to the school much like those log brained basket ball freaks and those slu*ty cheerleaders prancing around in their itty bitty tiny skirts.” She paused turning to look at Kyuhyun. “Am I right, Kyu?”

Kyuhyun didn’t really know what to say. At some point, he agrees with what Eun Hye was saying but in another point, Eunhyuk is also right. “Well, I think we have the best seat in the cafeteria.” Kyuhyun tried to brighten the already dampened mood. Suddenly a milk carton came flying towards him and hit him right on the head, the contents of it spilling on him as he was slowly drenched in bad smelling milk.

“He shoots! He scores!” came a very loud roar. Kyuhyun looked up and saw Lee Donghae, the second top athlete in school grinning from ear-to-ear.

“That whiny a*shole .” Eun Hye dropped her spoon and marched towards Donghae. “Hey, son of a b*tch , just what do you think you’re doing?” she asked. Donghae turned around and smiled at her.

“Why?” He paused as he folded his arms in front of his chest. “Do you have any problem with me?” He asked.

“Apologize to Kyuhyun, now!” Eun Hye demanded.

Donghae chuckled. “I think it suits him well.” He looked at Kyuhun and smiled. “that goes with your uniform very well.” Kyuhyun looked down, feeling embarrassed as Eunhyuk balled his hands into fists, willing himself not to stoop to Donghae’s level.

The spitfire in Eun Hye suddenly took over her and she pushed Donghae pretty hard. There was a slight shock on Donghae’s face as he backed up on the table. “Listen to me. I don’t care if you’re Britney friggin Spears.” Her voice was so angry it could scare anyone. “You do not have the right to treat other people like that just because you shoot some balls in a basket.” She pulled Donghae’s collar upward and her face inched closer to his. “If you do this again, I will kick your sorry a*s. Got it?”

“Eun Hye, that’s enough!”

She pushed Donghae away and looked at her brother. “You’re just like him anyway Siwon, you’re no better!” She yelled as she walked back to their table, grabbed her bag and walked out.

“Go after her…” Kyuhyun said to Eunhyuk quietly and he nodded.

“Okay, I’ll see you later in front of my locker, I have an extra uniform you can use.” Eunhyuk said as he patted Kyuhyun’s shoulder. Kyuhyun nodded as he stood up. Donghae just walked off as well and pushed everyone who was blocking his way. Siwon on the other hand walked towards Kyuhyun.

“Okay…what’ll he do to me? I’m pretty sure he’ll make fun of me, just like the other students in the basket ball team.” Kyuhyun thought to himself.

“Are you okay?” Siwon asked in a concerned tone. Kyuhyun looked up. “Here, you can use this to clean yourself up.” He was handing Kyuhyun his handkerchief but when he didn’t move an inch, Siwon held Kyuhyun’s hand and opened his palm and placed the cloth there. “I apologize for Donghae, he’d always been like that and there is no excuse for what he did to you.” He said before walking towards the exit and disappearing entirely. Kyuhyun looked at the pale blue handkerchief in his hand and a small smile flickering on his lips formed.

“Mom, thanks for the milk!” Kyuhyun said as he gobbled up the last of the tasty drink before standing up and grabbing a small bag on the chair next to him and slinging it on his shoulder. “I’ll be heading for Eunhyuks for a while!” He proclaimed without bothering to hear his mother’s answer. As he was out the door, he pulled on his coat tightly as snow lightly fell from the sky. He got on his bike and trudged through the snowy roads in their small town. He smiled to himself, thinking of the way Siwon’s hand grazed his own as he gave him his handkerchief. He knows that he shouldn’t have these kinds of thoughts about Siwon but it was something that made him happy.

Eunhyuk’s house, that same day

“You really should knock, y’know?” Eunhyuk said as he plopped down on his bed.

“Well, you really should lock your door, you know?” Eun Hye retorted before plopping down next to Eunhyuk.

“Touché.” Eunhyuk said.

Eunhyuk is a seventeen year old junior and dreams to become a Neurologist. He is meticulous, quiet, and shy but he harbors his first love towards an oblivious Eun Hye. He plans to make his move and confess before he graduates next year. Although he has some doubts, he wants to tell her anyway, regardless of her reaction and her response.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door and Kyuhyun poked his head inside. “Hey, guys, what’s up?” He asked. Eunhyuk sat up while Eun Hye just rolled all over his bed.

“Nothing much.” Eunhyuk said as he gave Kyuhyun a high five.

“Hey, Eun Hye.” Kyuhyun greeted. Eun Hye jumped out of the bed and gave Kyuhyun a tight hug.

“Is my baby Kyu alright?” She asked as she slightly pulled away. She’d always treated Kyuhyun like a baby because he was the youngest of the three of them and Kyuhyun likes it because he has no siblings. He nodded.

“Yeah, I’m okay, thanks for standing up for me, by the way.” Kyuhyun said as he sat on the big beanie couch on the floor. Eun Hye and Eunhyuk followed suit.

“That Lee Donghae really thinks he’s God’s gift to our school.” Eun Hye said with a disdained expression on her face. Seriously, I’d like to wipe the cafeteria floor using his face.”

Eunhyuk and Kyunyun laughed. “Just let it go. We don’t want you to get in trouble again for doing something that is against the schools rules and regulations.”

Eun Hye nodded. “That’s true. I mean, my parents would blow a gasket again and compare me to my brainless brother again and again saying that he never gets into trouble…yadda, yadda, yaddda and that I should behave like a refined young woman because I’m part of the decathlon.”

“Well, if you did behave like that then, that wouldn’t be the Choi Eun Hye that we’ve come to know.” Eunhyuk said, pinching Eun Hye’s cheeks. She slapped his hands away.

“I hate it when you do that. Seriously.”

Eunyhyuk laughed as Kyuhyun's thoughts went back to Siwon...

End of the Chapter

Do leave comments. In the next chapter, we’ll get to know Donghae and Siwon more!