The Way To Her Heart

Princess Hours

"So what would you like, Sehun? My homemade spicy ramyeon, or my homemade kimchi pancake?" 

Mom said as me and Sehun take our seat at the kitchen, facing her oh-so-excited look. I rolled my eyes as my mom keeps on smiling cheekily and this guy besides me literally do so too. 

"Mom, so the real question here is, am I not your daughter anymore?" I said as I pouted and put my head on my arms on the table which led to a big laughters from both of them. "My baby is jealous? Of Course you are still my daughter sweetheart and he is gonna be my one and only son as well so I love both of you guys equally." Mom said as she pats my head and continues with her kitchen works. I pout and strike a death glare towards Sehun who is still laughing. 

"Soo, no glaring allowed in my kitchen especially towards your husband." Mom words make me roll my eyes again, "Mom he's not yet my husband!" I said and continue pouting which again, leads both of their laughters. "Sehun, I hope you bare with my spoilt little daughter, she might be a cry baby sometimes but trust me, you'll suffer for a day if she ever hit you. Her punches are so powerful." Sehun's eyes grow big as he looks at me with such 'shooked' eyes hearing how fiesty I am.

"Seriously, mom? She's... tiny tho..." Sehun said, pretending to put his hands on his mouth and stupidly makes himself looks shocked as heck.

"Yes, she once punched a ert down street near the supermart. Me and her father were dead worried about her when we heard that the ert has been caught and she punched him right in the face. We thought something bad happened that her father almost faint." This time, Sehun is real shocked as he did not expect that such a tiny girl could posses such power in her tiny fists. "You are really something else, Haesoo." He said, looking so amused towards me.

As I help mom on serving our dinner, I heard the main door was closed and I ran out of the kitchen to hug the person who closed the door, which is my dad. 

"Sweetheart, take it easy." Dad hugs me back and pats my hair. I tried so hard to not cry in my dad's embrace but I just can't help it as Joohyun's voice keeps on echoing like a melody in my ears especially the word that her father is about to take over my dad's company that he has build for the past 14 years. Dad pulled me out of his hug and was so surprised to see my teary eyes. 

"What happened today, sweetheart?" He said as he caressed my pink cheeks and I wipe off my tears as I form a fake smile to ensure him that I am absolutely fine. "If this is about your wedding, I'm really sorry honey, if you don;t want to go through the wedding, we can cancel it. This is all my fault, I should've become a respectable CEO for my employees and a perfect father for my family, but I just keep on ruining both." Dad said and there's tears forming in his tired eyes which makes me burst into tears, "This is not your fault, dad. You're really the best daddy ever and I 'm so thankful and blessed that you're my dad. About the wedding, I am willing to go through it. I mean, I will surely get married too one day, right? So, what's the deal tho." I said, again, faking a smile on my face.

Dad sigh, "You know I love you and your mother a lot right? You guys mean the world to me." I nodded and hug him again as dad pats my hair again, softly.

Without noticing, Sehun who's actually in charge of calling both Haesoo and her dad for dinner is hiding behind the walls which seperated the dining room and kitchen. He doesn't know why but somehow his heart feels guilty for his earlier thought in playing with Haesoo's heart when he realised how a sweet and innocent person she is.


"uhm, sorry for interrupting but the dinner is served." Sehun braced himself to walk out of the walls and break the father-daughter hug. Mr. Park who is not aware of Sehun's attendance was taken aback and he quickly bows towards him, paying respect for the young prince. 

"Your HIghness, if I know you would be coming I would've come back a little sooner." 

Sehun rushed over to hug my dad which caught me in surprise, as well as dad. 

"Just call me, Sehun. And, can I call you dad since we all gonna be family after this right?" 

Dad nodded and tightens the hug between them which makes me unawarely smile, a genuine smile.

"Enough with the drama, come and have your dinner everyone before they're cold."

Mom said and we all laugh as we realize how dramatic the situation is right now. Dad pats Sehun's back as he walk to the kitchen first, leaving Sehun and me awkwardly looking at each other.

"You know, you don't have to be that friendly towards my family. I'm afraid they'll get too attcahed and it'sl be hard for us once everything is over." I said and I walk straight towards the kitchen, leaving Sehun behind who was about to answer my pep talk. 

Sehun sighed as he follows Haesoo moving towards the kitchen with millions thought in his head about what Haesoo said to him just now.


"Thank you for the scrumptious dinner, mom and thank you for the warm welcome, dad." Sehun bows and hug my parents one by one and when it comes to me he smirks and tries to hug me but later then was stopped by my dad.

"You can hug our princess later, after the marriage, son."

I chuckle as sehun's cheeks start turning pink from embarassment. He nods and offers his hand instead which I unwillingly take.

"Your chauffer is here. You better get going, son." Dad said, patting Sehun's shoulder.

"Before that can I have a moment with Haesoo?" He said looking hopelessly towards my parents. "No hands, no huggings, just walking. Promise." He raise up both of his hands which leads to my dad's agreement.

So we walk to the playground nearby and both take our seat on the cradles. 

"Soo, I'm really sorry about Joohyun." He said, breaking out the silence between us. I don;t know why but my heart aches everytime he tries to speak on behalf of his wicked girlfriend.

"As I said earlier, it's none of your faults. You;re not the one who said those words so why are you even bother on apologizing on her behalf?" I said, kicking the sands as I swing my cradle slowly.

"Oh, it's because she's your girlfriend and you feel that sense of responsibilities to protect her so that is why you keep on apologizing on her behalf? If yes, then honestly I can't simply forgive her. What she said about my father is more than worst. I'm sorry, Sehun. I'm not those typical drama characters who can just innocently forgive someone for talking bad about their family. I'm just a mere human being, with feelings, with heart. And I thank you so much for accepting both my parents and treating them with so much warmth. I could not thank you enough. But I hope after this, you won't make them get too attached to you. Like I said before dinner just now, it's gonna be hard for us to end all of this if my family get too attached to you."

Sehun sigh, he truly mean everything he said towards her parents and he truly loves them. But to think about their goodbyes that will eventually happen makes him feel rather guilty. He should not promise her family forever, because he already promised a forever to another person, which is Joohyun, who he has dated for almost 3 years. He promised to be with her, but right now, at this moment, for the first time in his life, he sees sparkles in a family which he barely know and feel the sense of wanting to be a part of them, wanting to share everything with that small happy family. He know he should not be feeling this way but the happiness in him when he is with them keeps on provoking him, which he tries so hard to ignore.

"If you don't have anything else to say, I'll go back. It's kind of late as well and we got school tomorrow. Thanks to your beautiful girlfriend that for the first time ever, I ditched school." I said, walking up from the cradle and was about to walk away since Sehun seems like he's in a really deep thought. As I make my way, suddenly a warm, big hand pulls me and embraces me. I struggle to let myself out of his forbidden and sudden embrace, but he keeps on pulling me closer that I finally give up on trying. I could not move as I stand still in his embrace. And that is when I hear his heart, thumping so loud I'm afraid it'll actually pops out.