No Rest for the Scholars

Maybe We Can Grow Together

“Jagiya I’m sorry about earlier.” Taehyung confesses a half hour later, after I had finally picked myself up off the floor.

“Yea. We weren’t thinking clearly.” Hoseok agrees.

I just shake my head and sigh, “It’s okay guys seriously. Don’t worry about it. So, are you staying or?”

“We’re still allowed to stay?” V questions, his eyes sparkling with hope.

I nod and his smile widens. It is impossible to stay mad at this precious boy. Hoseok on the other hand isn’t smiling at all. Hoseoks’ look was one laced in a sullen type of vacancy. He was nowhere around our earthly level. Even V was paying attention for once. After a couple attempts of gaining his attention through calling out and clapping, V stopped me.

“Yeong-Yeong, you’re doing this all wrong!” He exclaimed in a mischievous whisper.

I watched in wonder and fear as he the inside of his first two fingers and placed them on Hoseok’s neck. He accompanied this action with a loud kissing sound and just like that Hoseok returned to us.

“Did you just kiss me Kim Taehyung?” J-Hope wailed becoming increasingly disbelieving as he wiped off the back of his neck. His expression changed from disbelief, to relief, to disgust as V clarified his actions.

“So I just wiped your spit off the back of my neck with my hand?” Hobi demanded, a look of pure loathing washing over his perfect features.

V just cackles before running from the infuriated J-Hope, who was now chasing him through the house.   I walk back to my room impatiently, leaving them to play cat and mouse. Eventually they realise I’m not in my original place. It is now 9:45 at night.

“Jagiya?” I hear Taehyung yell from the living room. As he makes his way to my bedroom the ‘a’ that he had been dragging out at the end of the word gets louder and louder. He throws open my door and stares at the display in front of him. I am sprawled out in the middle of the floor, face down.

“Jagi?” V questions. Instead of answering as if I were a normal human being I do the exact opposite and emit a low unnatural groan of discontent. The longer I make the inhumanly noise the louder I become.

“What is she doing?” J-Hope asks V in confusion.

“I think she is dying.” He replies nonchalantly.

“Hey Jagiya, Are you dying?” J-Hope yells over my unnecessary cavilling. The question causes me to increase in volume.

Hoseok face palms and sighs, “Jagi for the love of god!” I only groan louder. Taehyung walks over and grabs my feet. He drags me from the center of the floor to the area right next to me bed, before shuffling around and picking me up. I lay limp in his arms causing him to struggle more than he normally would.

“C’mon Noona! Help me out here!” He exclaims