chapter fourteen

My Brother's Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sora's POV

I knew if I went back into the house that I'd break in front of Jongin and tell him everything. So I decided to leave instead. I make it home in twenty minutes and crash on the couch.

I don't think I did anything wrong, so why do I feel so guilty?

The buzzing of my cell phone brings me back from my constant thoughts. The caller read Jongin.

If I ignore the call he'll think something's wrong and rush over here. If I do answer I'll have to lie to him. Right now I don't think either one will be the smarter choice.

I let my finger hover over the answer button for a few seconds until I give in and pressed it.

"Hey Jongin." I bite my tongue waiting for his response.

"Hey, where'd you go? I thought you were just throwing the garbage out?" He questions me.

I try not to panic. Before I say anything I take a deep breath and pinch my thigh to calm myself.

"Oh ya, I did throw the garbage away but then my mum called and asked me to come home." I mentally slap myself for thinking of the worst excuse ever.

"Oh alright. Well I'll see you tomorrow." Jongin says sounding unsure.

"Yep. See ya."

I press end and let out a loud scream. Hopefully Jongin bought that.

Jongin's POV

I stare down at my phone with my eyebrows furrowing. Sora sounded different. Like she was hiding something.

"Is everything alright?" Chanyeol asks.

I shrug. "I'm not sure, hyung. Is your mum home?"

"No she's at work. Why?" Chanyeol frowns.

"That's weird. Sora just told me that her mum asked her to come home."

"That is weird. Why would Sora lie about that?" Chanyeol says while picking up more garbage.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter