Forgiveness is the Final Form of Love

Wanna Love You Again

“I can’t believe that !”  Hanbin yelled as he paced around his apartment.  Donghyuk and Yunhyeong were playing a video game in the living room, listening to Hanbin rant.  “He unfriends me over that Jinhwan!  We were friends years before he even met that guy but he picks him over me?!”

 

“Hyung, you’re yelling too much.  The neighbors are going to complain again.”  Donghyuk commented, his eyes glued to the TV.

 

“Goddamnit guys, would you pay attention to me for once?!”  Hanbin stormed over and stood in front of the TV, blocking their gameplay.

 

“Hey!”  They exclaimed in unison.

 

“Listen, I get that you’re upset, but Bobby made a choice and you have to deal with it.”  Yunyeong said matter-of-factly.  He set his controller down after pausing the game and looked up at the steaming Hanbin.

 

“Bull !  He made the wrong choice!”  

 

“That’s what you think, hyung.”  Donghyuk answered.

 

“Ughh!”  Hanbin shouted in a final cry of defeat.  

~~~~~~~

“Do you want to come in?”  Bobby asked Jinhwan as they neared his apartment.  

 

“I should get home.  I have to catch up on grading.”  Jinhwan said, a slight frown on his face.  Bobby nodded but pouted a little.  

 

“Jinhwan?”  

 

“Yeah?”

 

“I, I know things won’t be the same and I don’t expect you to just forgive me in a heartbeat, but I miss you so much that I can barely sleep.  I need you, Jinhwan.”  

 

“Jiwon… I … I still need ...  time.”  Bobby nodded again and hung his head.  Jinhwan wanted so badly to hug him, to cuddle on the couch, to kiss him.  But he didn’t want his heart to be broken again.

 

“I’ll see you around then.”  Bobby turned to go into the building and Jinhwan paused outside the door before continuing on to Taehyun and Mino’s apartment.  

~~~~~~~

Jinhwan was lying in bed, staring at the ceiling in the pitch blackness of night.  

 

I shouldn’t have talked to him today.  It was too soon.  

 

But it’s been almost two months now.  He’s changed.  It’ll be better now.

 

But he’s said that before.  He’s said he would stop and he never did.

 

Hours past and Jinhwan was still arguing with himself.  He pulled a book out to read himself to sleep and to distract his mind from Bobby.  It worked, eventually.  But he couldn’t get away from Bobby.

 

It was their first year anniversary and Jinhwan had been in class all day.  He got back to his dorm and threw himself onto the bed, exhausted both physically and mentally.  But when Bobby texted saying to look out the window, he couldn’t get up faster.  Bobby had spelled out “I love you” with post it notes on the glass.  One of them said to check the closet.  Jinhwan turned around and opened his closet to find a little box wrapped in silver paper.  Inside was another post it note saying to check the stairway.  Jinhwan pulled on a jacket and some shoes before heading back out.  There was a box, identical to the one in his closet, sitting on the railing of the stairs.  The note inside said to check the laundry room.  Jinhwan made his way down stairs and to the basement where he walked into the laundry room.  On top of one of the washing machines was Bobby, sitting with a little teddy bear that held another box.  

 

“Thank god, it’s so warm down here.”  Bobby said as Jinhwan walked in.  He jumped down and went to kiss Jinhwan, holding the bear in one hand and the box in the other.  “Happy anniversary Jinny.”

 

AN: this took way too long to update for not even that long of a chapter... I'm trying to get back into it and get more done but I've been really busy >.<  thanks for being patient