Episode Nine

SuperStar BootCamp ☆ Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Star?
 

   schedules

"Hello hello and welcome back to Boot Camp!" Jongwoon grins into the camera. "We've done a lot here in just two months, and there's lots more that we wish we could, but as they say, all good things must come to an end." He smiles again. "But there's still one last performance to put on, and this week our teams will put in their full effort to make them ones to remember!"

The scene dissolves into a shot of the dorms early in the morning on the first day. The men are nowhere in sight, but and the room seems small despite the women hurrying around to complete their morning routines.

"Giri have you seen my shoes? I think I tossed them off in the bathroom last night." Myunghwa knocks politely at the bathroom door, and Giri gives a muffled confirmation from inside.

In the kitchen Jinyi is happily draining her coffee mug as four others sit steaming on the counter.

"The guys left a bit before we did, and they made us coffee! I bet I know who did it too." Jinyi grins to Gikwang, who gives a wry grin back.

"I think you might be surprised actually." Gikwang replies cryptically.

Back in the dorms, the women are just wrapping up a small breakfast when Jongwoon bursts into the dorms, a flurry of energy as always.

"Good morning ladies! I hope you're ready to go because we've got a lot to cover and very little time to do it in!" He grins cheerily, and the group smiles back, grabbing their bags and following him out with no complaint.

"It's crazy what we've managed to get used to in just a couple of months." Giri muses in an interview. "I remember being ready to quit after the first week, but now waking up early and running around until the earliest hours of the morning is almost natural." She shakes her head, grinning. "I'm really happy I've made it to the end though. This has been really hard at times, but definitely worth it."

The next shot shows the women's van pulling up in front of the JTBC practice building.

"Alright ladies, I'll pick you up after lunch!" Jongwoon waves to the group before driving off.

Jinyi shakes her head. "Even when he's our acting manager he still doesn't stick around very long." She notes.

The others shrug and they all head into the building, scattering into the individual practice rooms where they're greeted by their coaches and launch directly into their private lessons.

"The ladies are doing the standard trainee schedule backwards so that they and the guys don't have any overlap outside of lunchtime." Jongwoon explains in an interview segment. "We want them to be fully focused on the performance at the end of the week, as well as each other, to encourage maximum chemistry onstage this weekend."

Back with the women, they've finished their private lessons and have moved upstairs to join Mirae, who wastes no time in starting up their dance music.

As they go through the choreography, the women do their best to sing along with the music, but all have given up by the end of the first chorus and are breathing harder than usual when the song finishes.

Mirae allows them a two minute water break and they all collapse, struggling to even out their breathing.

"Singing live has to be one of the hardest things we've tackled so far. I mean, we've done some work with it, but this week they're increasing out rehearsals for it to two hours instead of thirty minutes." Giri elborates in her own interivew section. "Learning breath control is a lot different than actually applying it."

Back in the dance room the women are trying again, though a note in the corner reveals that it's day two of the week.

Giri is holding her own a bit better with her raps, but the vocalists are still struggling to hit their notes, and when Myunghwa begins coughing halfway through her high note Mirae pauses the music.

"Alright, water break. Myunghwa sit the next few rounds out and do some vocal warmups to try and loosen up a bit. In the future, if you can't hit the note then don't. We don't want you to strain your vocal chords too much." The choreographer instructs.

Myunghwa nods silently and downs a full bottle of water as the others continue rehearsing. By the third try Jisoo has competely given up on live singing, and Jinyi is only doing parts of her raps.

Mirae nods to Myunghwa to rejoin the group, and then waves for their attention. "Alright guys, only one more time and then we'll finish up and establish tomorrow's schedule before Jongwoon picks you up for lunch."

The women nod and get into position as Mirae once again begins the song.

Myunghwa is more stable after her break, and Jisoo attempts to sing a bit more in order to match the main vocal, though she once again gives up about half way through the song. When Myunghwa's high note comes she opts to lipsync, but otherwise tries to sing live

Mirae nods approvingly when they finish and passes them each a bottle of water.

"Not bad for day two. We'll keep working at it, Jinyi I'd like to hear you actually singing your vocal part next time. Your raps are pretty good but your first line is important as well."

Jinyi just shrugs, occupied by the bottle and preventing a verbal reponse.

Mirae nods back and turns to Jisoo. "I'd reccommend leaving your vocal lessons early tomorrow and Thursday to come up here and run the dance a few times on your own. You're still hesitant with the heels so your focus lies more there than with your singing which you can't really afford if you want to sound good."

Jisoo grimaces, and then nods in acknowledgement.

Mirae glances at her watch and sighs before turning to Giri and Myunghwa. "Jongwoon will be here soon so I'll be quick. Giri, keep doing what you're doing. My one suggestion would be to focus a bit more on breath control with your private coach just so you have a very solid base to work off of. Myunghwa I'll make the same suggestion, and I'd like to see you try for the high note a few times tomorrow if you think you have the support for it."

Both women nod as the door swings open to admit a cheerful Jongwoon.

"Hey ladies! Ready for some food?"

Everyone choruses affirmation, and Jongwoon waves to Mirae as the four women rush out the door past him.

The next shot shows the van pulling up to the classrooms, and the women head straight for one of the rooms. A note in the corner shows that it's day three of the week.

"One thing that's new this week are the language lessons." Jisoo says, and then laughs a bit. "I thought my English was good until Jinyi started talking. She's basically fluent."

"I studied abroad for a few years." Jinyi explains. "It's where I met my business partner actually." She adds with a smile.

In the classroom the girls are practicing their Mandarin pronounciation. Giri is doing alright but the other three are clear struggling, and Jisoo keeps giggling each time she messes up. The teacher looks a bit frustrated with the slow progress, but he patiently walks them through the same words over and over again until they have a decent grasp of them.

"I have some basic knowledge of Mandarin, Japanese, and English from working with foreign trainees." Giri tells Gikwang. "I'm far from great in any of them though, so I'm actually really happy about the addition of language classes to our schedule. I'll be able to use this when I get back to work!"

The next class shown is a bit less conventional.

"They call it the 'how to act around the media class.'" Jinyi rolls her eyes. "If we were graded I'd probably get an F. I don't know how people can fake cheeriness all the time."

"It's part of the job when you have eyes on you constantly." Gikwang points out.

Jinyi shrugs. "It just doesn't seem worth it to me. Being famous but having to give up your privacy? No thanks. I'll stick to making cakes. The customers may get demanding but at least they still generally realize I'm just a human being doing the best I can."

In the classroom, the teacher is pontificating on the importance of good posture. Jinyi rolls her eyes towards Jisoo, who muffles a laugh as best she can, though she gets a sharp glare from the teacher.

"I've been tring to talk to the others more this week, and I kind of wish I'd done more of that the past two months." Jisoo sighs in her interview. "Jinyi is actually pretty fun when she's not being annoying." She grins somewhat ruefully. "Though the fact she's friends with Hanhae and Hadon probaby should have tipped me off to that. I like their company as well."

Jinyi shrugs in her own interview. "I mean as long as she's not being a brat I don't see what's wrong with being nice." She states simply.

The girls leave the classroom at eight PM, and Jinyi looks worn down.

"How do you even talk about posture for an entire hour?" The rapper sighs heavily.

Jisoo grins and nudges her. "And we get another hour of it tomorrow! Aren't you excited?"

Jinyi falls against her dramatically and both laugh as Myunghwa and Giri look on in clear amusement.

"I'm really glad that Jinyi and Jisoo decided to bury whatever hatchet they had." Myunghwa smiles in her interview. "It's been steadily getting better but then this week Jisoo really cracked down on being nice. Our rehersals have been getting better as well."

Gikwang nods slightly, smiling faintly.

The women's final stop is the gym, and Jongwoon sticks his head out the driver's windown to adress the team before he leaves.

"You're good to walk back when you're done, right?"

Once everyone has nodded he continues. "Alright, I'll pick you up at five AM tomorrow, same as always. Have a good night!"

Jisoo waves as he leaves while the others head straight into the facility.

"I never thought I'd get used to working out, but I think I might actually keep going to the gym when this is over." Myunghwa admits to Gikwang in and interview. Her voiceove continues as a shot of her heading over to the freeweights and starting her routine plays on the screen.

"More than just being in better shape now than I have been in years, working out makes me feel really good. Even after an exausting day of rehearsals and lessons, I don't mind that we have an hour workout minimum to end the day. It's actually nice, and I've been sleeping really well the past few weeks."

The camera pans away to show Jinyi as Myunghwa finishes her train of thought.

The rapper looks much less thrilled with their final task and is taking a slow jog on the treadmill, repeatedly looking towards the clock and clearly counting down the minute to when she can sleep.

"I'll be happy when this is over and I can get back to a normal level of crazy." She announces in a voice over.

Giri in on the mats, timing her planks on a small stopwatch.

"I still talk to my personal trainer from the the first month, and he helps me get access to some equitment I normally couldn't use on my own." Giri admits in her voice over. "I'm really glad he does though, I wouldn't know what to do if I couldn't follow our program."

Jisoo is the last one shown, using the machines.

"I'm tring to strengthen my core and calves." She says as a clip of her using a leg press machine plays. "I'm hoping it will help with my dancing."

The last shot shows the women gathering their things and heading back to the dorms.


The show returns to the morning of the fourth day, at four thirty in the morning.

The men are already up and hurrying around the living area and kitchen.

Hanhae is drinking his coffee as Hadon pours three more cups and leaves them on the counter before begining to wash the machine.

"Why do you always make the girls coffee? They have enough time to make it themselves." Hanhae observes, continuing to sip as Woojin works.

The actor merely shrugs. "It's a nice thing to do I guess."

Hanhae shrugs as well and finishes his mug. "Scooch, I'll clean today. You're making me feel bad."

Woojin moves aside but doesn't travel far as Hanhae begins talking about his blog and how he's thinking about expanding the content.

"It looks like you've made a friend." Gikwang notes in Woojin's interview segment.

Woojin shrugs awkwardly, eyes turned away from the camera. "Maybe. Hanhae is just friendly in general." He points out, but there is a faint smile on his lips.

The next shot shows the men walking over to the workout facility, carrying their bags with them.

"We go straight from workout to our classes so we have to shower at the gym." Hanhae makes a slight face. "Which because our bathroom is way cleaner and only a few minutes away on foot."

He continues his thoughts on the workout as a video of him comes in onscreen, showing him working out with Hadon. The two are spotting each other in the freeweights area, and chatting as the do so.

"I think if Hadon didn't partner with me for the workouts themselves I'd probably have quit a while ago. Working out is boring if you don't have someone do work out with."

Hadon adds his own thoughts in a voice over. "I already know that I don't work out unless I'm with someone, so I was already planning to ask Hanhae if he wanted to partner up when he asked me."

The scene changest to show the grinning rapper sitting in the interview chair. "That's why we're friends - great minds think alike and all."

There's a quick shot of Woojin methodically going through the movements of his own workout routine before moving on to where Eunchan is half-heartedly doing sit ups on the mats.

"I hate starting the morning with workouts." He whines to Gikwang in his interview. "I'm sore for the rest of the day."

Akihiro is shown last, and he's clearly engrossed with the freeweights. His thoughts on the matter mirror Myunghwa's.

"Working out is a great way to warm up and get myself ready for the day. There's also something incredibly relaxing about the repetition of a work out." The Japanese man muses in a voice over, while onscreen he performs multiple reps with a twenty-five poind weight.

After an hour the men head to the dressing rooms and quickly shower and change before meeting up with Gikwang outside the gym.

They pile into the van and head off to the classrooms. On the way, they practice their languages.

"Hey Akihiro, quiz me on English!" Eunchan gets into the oldest contestant's face as he pleads, and though Akihiro gently pushes him back into his own seat, the older man is smiling.

There's a quick cut to his interview. "I speak three languages rather well, so these language lessons have been a lot of fun. I struggle with Mandarin, but I usually assist the teacher for English and Japanese since I'm fluent in one and proficient in the other."

The scene returns to the men already in the classroom with the language coach. A note in the corner announces that it's now day five of the week.

"Alright, pair up. Akihiro with me." The teacher is no nonsense and the men quickly break into pairs. Hanhae pulls Woojin into the seat next to him, and Hadon shrugs and offeres Eunchan a highfive, which is enthusiastically given.

"Today we'll see how much you've really learned this week with a competiton. Akihiro and I will take turns saying simple phrases in the different langauges we've been studying, and whichever team can give us the proper translation first gets a point. Any questions?"

Akihiro looks like he has a few, but he holds his tongue. When no one says anything, the teacher gives a short nod.

"Alright then, let's get started."

"It was a little surprising that Hanhae teamed up with Woojin, but honestly Eunchan was a fun partner." Hadon notes in his interview.

Gikwang raises an eyebrow. "You're not upset at all? You and Hanhae have been best friends from day one almost."

Hadon shrugs nonchalantly. "I don't own him. And like I said, Eunchan was a lot of fun as well. I consider most of the guys my friends at this point. It's hard to live with someone this long without getting to know them well enough to be friends."

Gikwang looks slightly surprised. "Would you say that about Akihiro? That you're friends?"

Hadon grins slightly. "Well I don't know if he would say it, but yeah, I consider Hiro a friend. I mean, he's the friend who's a total buzzkill at parties, but still a friend."

The scene returns to show the mean switching classrooms. Hanhae is talking loudly, teasing Hadon and Eunchan about their loss in the competition. Hadon is just laughing while Eunchan tries to protest the results, and Woojin simply listens in, trying to suppress a faint smile.

Akihiro walks behind the group, looking amused but also slightly out of place.

Hadon glances back, spots his awkward teammate, and then suddenly speaks up.

"Well Eunchan does have a point. I think Mr. Teacher over here was playing favorites, always giving you guys the sentences I knew."

Akihiro blanches, but when he realizes that Hadon is trying to include him, he smiles.

"It's not my fault you're incapable of paying proper attention in class." His comeback is borederline uncertain, but at the grins he receives from the other three and the slight eye roll from Woojin, he relaxes.

"They're ridiculous and immature, but I guess they're still good kids." Akihiro admits in his interview. "I don't think I've been wrong to be annoyed with them, but at the same time that doesn't make them bad people. And since this is our last week, I figured it couldn't hurt to relax a bit and have a bit of fun."

Day six brings the men back to the practice rooms, where they begin with private lessons.

"They've switched me into vocal lessons to work on my breath control." Hadon doesn't soud particularly pleased about the change. "I'm a beatboxer. Breath control is about ninety five percent of my whole deal. I don't need vocal lessons."

Hwanhee disagrees.

"He has good control, but not so much when he's been moving around. Hadon's section comes towards the end of the song, and though his dance parts are less intense than Eunchan and Woojin's he's still working his lungs in ways he woudn't normally while beatboxing. And so he ends up rather breathy with his rap." The men's choreographer explains to Gikwang. "I've explained this to him as well, but he's a bit stubborn about it."

Gikwang laughs. "That's one way to put it."

In the dane room the men are working on their choreography without singing along, focusing on hitting the moves perfectly without running into one another. As they dance, Hwanhee calls out overservations.

"Eunchan you're moving too far right just then, take a smaller step next time."

"Woojin move back a smidge before starting that move or you'll take Hiro's head off."

"Hiro you still look awkward doing the body rolls. Have you practiced with Hanhae like I asked?"

By the end of their third run things are a bit smoother, though when Woojin steps on Hiro's foot Hwanhee decides to call for a quick break.

"Alright, not bad. You won't completely fall on your faces tomorrow so long as you keep in mind what I've said. And Hiro, I'm not kidding. Practice your body rolls with Hanhae, he's the best at them."

Hanhae grins flirtatiously towards the older contestant, who huffs out a sigh.

"Alright fine."

Hwanhee grins. "Great! Go practice now. Right now. Use the women's room, they finished a few hours ago."

Akihiro unhappily follows Hanhae out of the room as Hwanhee sends the other three back into position.

"Alright if they aren't here we'll work on the chorus dance that keeps threatening limbs. Take it slow."

The scene cuts away from the trio to follow Akihiro and Hanhae into the other dance room.

Hanhae pushes the oldest contestant into the center of the room and then steps back to scrutinize him. After a long moment he speaks.

"So what's making you so uncomfortable with this move?" Hanhae prompts.

Akihiro frowns. "I'm not uncomfortable with it. I'm just not a great dancer."

Hanhae rolls his eyes. "Please, I've seen people far less coordinated than you pull off a body roll. You don't have to look fantastic, you just have to actually try for it, and you don't. So why don't you?"

Akihiro remains stubborn. "I'm trying same as everyone else. Sorry I don't have your appeal."

Hanhae is frowning now, clearly frustrated. "Dude you are y, so I don't know what you're talking about. If that's all it is, then that's stupid. Sure I was blessed with this face, but really there's a lot of factors in appeal. Confidence, charisma, and of course styling."

Akihiro is listening with a mix of confusion and embarrassment, but Hanhae doesn't give him a chance to say anything as he continues his lecture.

"The show will cover styling for us, so you just need the first two. So which one is the problem? Or is it both?"

Akihiro is speechless for a long moment before he slowly repsonds.

"I don't think it's either. I know myself and I think I'm perfectly charismatic when I need to be."

Hanhae frowns. "Knowing yourself and being confident with that knowledge are two entirely different things. Trust me, I went through that whole phase." He sighs. "You know what, just do the move and I'll correct you."

"Hanhae has no concept of personal space." Akihiro announces in a cut to his interview, and Gikwang laughs.

"That he does not. But can you do a body roll now?"

Akihiro hesistates. "I still don't think I look any good doing it, but Hwanhee isn't getting upset with me anymore, so I suppose so."

"He is ridiculously frustrating to work with." Hanhae gives his own side of the story. "Akihiro has this tendency to think one thing and then stick to it forever no matter what contrary evidence he gets. I mean, I kind of knew that but I thought maybe he was just a stick in the mud, you know? But he's got way more problems than that." He sighs. "At least he can kind of do the move now though, which I guess was the point."

The scene returns to show Hanhae and Akihiro rejoining the group.

Hwanhee nods. "Alright, let's do a run with live singing."

The group does several runs, and Hwanhee watches silently. Halfway through, Gikwang enters and sits on the side, clearly waiting for them to finish.

Hwanhee nods to the interviewer and waves the men in when the song finishes.

"Alright, Woojin, good job. Everyone else, I'd like you to actually try singing live tomorrow. I know it's hard but you have been given the tools to succeed if you try for it. Hiro, you sing a majority of the chorus and the high notes, so you especially should be trying a bit more. Otherwise, I think you're as ready as you will be. Good luck tomorrow."


The show returns to the final day of the week. Today, both groups are up and about at the same time, and the dorms are buzzing with energy.

"I can't wait for this afternoon! How many people do you think there will be? Do you think they'll change my hair color? Oh, I want blue hair!" Eunchan is a ball of excited energy, bouncing around the kitchen and living room areas and chattering away.

Akihiro takes a long breath before reaching out and placing a hand on Eunchan's shoulder.

"Eunchan. Breath between questions. And give us some time to wake up, not everyone here is a morning person."

Eunchan pouts but relents, plopping down next to Hadon on the couch. The rapper grins and ruffles the younger boy's hair.

"Don't be so down kid, you have to remember we're surrounded by a bunch of geezers."

Jinyi chucks a balled up napkin at him from across the room. "You're the third oldest one here you twit!" She calls, half annoyed and half affectionate.

Hadon picks up the napkin and grins at her as he attempts to fold it into some undiscernable shape. "Ah, but that's only in body. In spirit I am one with the youth!"

Hanhae laughs as Jinyi sticks her tongue out. The rest of the occupants of the small space simply observe the proceedings with varied levels of amusement.

"It was nice that we got to spend the last day together with the guys." Giri says thoughtfully in a quick cut to her interview. "I'm not super close with any of them, but I know Jinyi and Myunghwa are." She grins slightly, almost embarrassed. "And I think Eunchan might have a crush on Jisoo. He's always trying to bother her and get her to talk to him."

Her observations are illustrated in the next shot. The groups are standing outside the dorms with Gikwang and Jongwoon, and Eunchan is not so subtly trying to inch closer to Jisoo, who's paying him no mind.

"Alright, so you're all going to the salon, but some of you will be there longer than others, so we'll split you up so no one has to sit around waiting for too long." Gikwang announces. He glances at his paper and smiles. "Alright, the easy team is with me. Giri, Hiro, Hanhae, and Hadon."

Jongwoon waves the rest over to his van. "And you guys are going to get complete hair makeovers!"

Jinyi frowns. "I just got my hair done before the show though! I like the tips."

Jongwoon grins at her. "Don't worry, I think you'll like the style."

Jinyi still is clearly not thrilled with the turn of events as she climbs into the passenger's seat of the van, but she holds her tongue on complaints.

Inside the van, Eunchan is quick to claim a seat in the back next to Jisoo, leaving Woojin and Myunghwa to share the middle row.

In the back, Eunchan incesantly chatters away to Jisoo about how excited he is to perform, and asking her if she's nervous about anything. She responds when she can get a word in edgewise, but for the most part Eunchan does all the talking.

Jinyi is engaging Jongwoon in coversation at the front of the van.

"So with the show finishing today, what are you going to do next?"

Jongwoon shrugs. "Hopefully start work on a new show but the ideas bouncing around the head office right now are a bit dry. They may siphon me onto a current show as an extra director for a bit until something comes up."

Jinyi blinks. "Wait. Director."

Jongwoon flashes her a quick grin while trying to simeultaneously keep his eyes on the road. "Did you not know? I'm the one who came up with the idea for the show, and I'm it's primary producer and director. I figured someone would have told you by now."

Jinyi shakes her head. "Well that explains why you're always running off."

In the other van, there is significantly more chaos.

Hadon is beatboxing randomly as Giri attempts to rap along, hindered by her own giggling. Hanhae attempts to cover for her with his own absolutely terrible rapping, and his nonsensical lyrics have Giri gasping for air. Akihiro is sitting in the front seat beside Gikwang, doing his best to look disapproving while simeultaneously trying not to smile.

Gikwang has no reservations about laughing along with Giri at the ridiculousness being displayed, and when the impromptu performance is over he drums his hands on the steering wheel in a mimicry of applause.

Hadon leans over the driver's seat as best he can without blocking Gikwang's view of the road. "You know I thought you were an uptight..." He trails off, and then shrugs. "Uptight. But you're actually pretty cool."

Gikwang rolls his eyes. "Much obliged. So glad I meet your standards."

Hadon snorts. "See, that's why I thought you were uptight."

The van comes to a stop just then, and Gikwang kicks open his door before any further conversation can be made. "Alright, here we are. You guys can head in and Jongwoon and I will wait out here for you to finish."

The four head inside the hair salon they're parked in front of, and are met with the five from the other van.

"Giri! Giri you're switching to our van." Myunghwa hurries straight to the second rapper, who looks confused.

Myunghwa smiles awkwardly, her damp hair falling around her shoulders. "Sorry, the lady said to tell you that they decided to do something a little more complicated with your hair, and I wanted to catch you before you went in so you won't be confused when your van is gone."

Giri nods her thanks as she's hurried into the back room to get her hair washed, and Myunghwa is led towards the chairs.

The background blurs out, and a digital clock face appears in focus on the screen and speeds through an hour. In the blurry background, several figures come and go, and as the clock slows down and the figures fade back in, revealing that Akihiro is exiting the salon.

The Japanese man's hair looks slightly lighter and has been loosely crimped. He continuously tries to brush the wisp of a bang out of his face, though compious amounts of hairspray cause it to fall right back into his eyes.

He heads outside and is met by Gikwang and the other two men in his group. Both Hadon and Hanhae's hair remains black, and for the most part Hanhae looks the exact same as he had before going in, with perhaps a bit more order to his hair. Hadon has had the sides and back of his head partly shaved and the remaining hair spiked up as much as possible.

When Gikwang sees Akihiro approaching, he stands up from where he'd been leaning against the car.

"Alright, since Giri is swtiching vans we'll head out now. You all get extra time in makeup and to warm up if you need."

The men pile into the van, with no one getting the front seat this time, and they take off.

The background blurs out again and the clock counts down another two and a half hours before the shot focuses in on the other van, where Jongwoon has engaged the women and Eunchan in a kai bai bo tournament while Woojin sits to the side and stares at the salon's entrance, clearly waiting for Jinyi who is the only person absent.

Giri and Jisoo both sport short hair and both have had it dyed blonde, though Jisoo's head has been completely changed while Giri has merely had the tips dyed. Myunghwa has also gone blonde though her hair remains long, and she's had gentle waves styled in.

Eunchan and Woojin both sport silver blond hair cut short, though Woojin's cut look suspiciously like a bowl cut and it's clear he's not thrilled with the look by the way he keeps touching it.

Finally, Jinyi emerges from the salon, looking absolutely thrilled. Her hair has been dyed back to black, but her tips remain a stunning pink, and when she sees everyone is looking she gives her hair a dramatic flip to show it off.

"Your hair looks amazing!" Jisoo is immediately jealous. "I look ridiculous, how come you got the good hair dresser?"

Jinyi just grins. "Maybe I just got the good face." She jokes happily.

Jisoo huffs in mock fury as Eunchan giggles.

Jongwoon gives them a moment before ushering them all into the van and heading off for their final destination.

The next cut shows the chaos backstage at the JTBC theatre as stage hands prepare for the final performances.

The men and women are in separate rooms as they wait for their cue to go onstage.

The men are dressed in matching white suits, with a few differences in the accessories.

"I feel like a snowman." Eunchan complains as he tugs at the collar of his white dress shirt.

"You look like one too." Hanhae grins. In contrast, his dark hair stand out nicely against the white backdrop of his outfit, and Eunchan sticks out his tongue.

In the women's room there's a bit more variety, and a lot less comfort.

"I really don't like having my stomach revealed like this...." Myunghwa shifts and tugs at the edge of her crop top.

The women are wearing what appear to be wetsuits as tops and black short shorts, along with their white practice heels.

The wetsuits cover their arms entirely, but Jinyi and Myunghwa's tops have been modified to show off their stomachs, and while Jinyi seems to be at peace with it Myunghwa has draped a jacket over herself to hide as much skin as possible.

"But you look really good! Purple is a great color on you." Jisoo tries to coax the jacket off the nervous woman, who stubbornly clings onto it.

"It's blue. And that's not the part that matters! I don't want hundreds of people seeing my midriff, it's bad enough the dance is so provocative. Why didn't they run these past us first?" The singer sounds genuinely upset, and Giri jumps in when Jisoo looks at her helplessly.

"Hey, we can switch tops if you want. I think we're about the same size." She offers, though she looks a bit nervous.

Myunghwa takes a shaky breath. "No, they'll probably get mad if we do that. I just..." She mumbles something, and Giri frowns and leans in closer.

"Sorry, I missed that."

Myunghwa sin a breath, and then speaks all at once. "I have stretch marks, okay? And they're embarrassing and people are terrible and I just..."

Just then Jinyi yanks the coat away from Myunghwa, and she lets out a shriek and tries to get it back.

The baker scrutinizes the other woman, and then holds up a hand as if making a proclamation.

"I do declare that you are one y lady."

Myunghwa promptly turns bright red as Jinyi grins at her and places the jacket aside.

"Trust me, you look gorgeous. Just take a deep breath and own it." Jinyi pats Myunghwa encouragingly on the shoulder.

Myunghwa sighs. "It's not that easy-"

"Oh of course not. But you already made a lot of progress during the show. Heck, I didn't think you could talk for the first few days! But now you're basically the default leader and I know that you're capable of going out there and looking y-awesome while nailing this performance."

Myunghwa gaps silently for a moment, and then smiles.

"I'm still not comfortable, but I'll try to not focus on it when we're performing."

Jinyi shrugs. "That works too! Alright, let's get ready. I think the guys are about to go on."

Sure enough the next shot shows the theatre curtains opening to the men's starting pose. Moments laer, the song begins.

The audience cheers as they finish, and the men take a bow before Hadon loops Hanahe and Eunchan into a side-arm hug, which Hanhae drags Woojin into as well.

For a moment Akihiro stand awkwardly to the side, but Eunchan look over to him and happily drags him over as well, and the Japanes man smiles as the curtains fall closed.

There's some shuffling as the audience chats amongst themselves, and then the stage once again is revealed, this time with the women standing confidently center stage.

Several fans scream happily as Myunghwa hits her high note, and the moment the song is over Jiny i drags them all into a group hug as the men had done.

Moments later Eunchan barrels out from the wings to join the hug, closely followed by Hadon and Hanhae, the latter who once again drags a half-protesting Woojin along with him. The camera does a slow zoom out as the image gets blurry, and then fades all together.

 

Author's Note.  And thus this story draws to a close. It's been a wonderful ride and I'll miss these guys a lot. A lot couldn't be covered in the short eight chapters I worked with these characters, but I think I'm content with what was captured. I will be writing a short afterword just to show what happens right after the show ends, and reveal some things that couldn't be said on camera. That should come out sometime this week as time permits, and then I will be fully closing the book on this story.

A reminder for anyone intrested that I have one final project on AFF before I begin work on my first actual novel. It's called Princess and the deadline is July 12 so there's still time to apply if you want to!

Once again thank you so much for sticking with me through this story, and I hope reading it was at least partly as enjoyable as writing it was.

Until next time,

Dani