Jeon Wonwoo

Not Alone

So today is the tomorrow that mingyu said yesterday, the first day of matriculation. As always, that boy is very excited, too much excited so he came one hour before the class start. Of course he is alone, but then everyone starts coming to the class after a half hour later. Mingyu greets everyone and is very happy that everyone here is so friendly. But he hasn’t meet that Jeon Wonwoo until the last minute. ‘Is he lost or something?’

 

Few moments later, the door is opened, and a middle aged man came in, and a boy wearing round glasses is behind him. The middle aged man sits in the lecturer desk. And the boy looks for an empty seat, but the seat in the back has already filled, so his only choice is to sit in the front row, next to Kim Mingyu who looks very happy. “Are you Jeon Wonwoo?” Mingyu asks with a small voice so that only him and that boy can hear.

 

“How did you know?” Jeon Wonwoo asks tonelessly while examining Mingyu from head to toe. Mingyu giggles before answering Wonwoo’s question. “Hmm. I think I’m just lucky?”

 

“Oh, okay then, Kim Mingyu.” Wonwoo’s reply was so flat, he turns his head and face the lecturer which is having trouble with his laptop. “Wow! How do you know my name?” This Kim Boy will never give up.

 

“You know the announcement board, right? That thing is not just standing uselessly, it also has function.” Now Mingyu just found someone that is more sarcastic than Minghao. Mingyu hits his own head, “Damn! I don’t even think about that!”

 

Jeon Wonwoo shakes his head and face the lecturer again because now the class is really going to start.

 

 -

 

The bell rings, all student cheer. “Okay then, I will see you guys tomorrow,” and after saying those words, the lecturer left the class with his big backpack on his shoulder. Mingyu is finished with his stuffs, he looks at Wonwoo that still busy with his stuffs. “Hey, do you want to have lunch with me and my friends?” Mingyu offered.

 

Wonwoo looks at Mingyu, then his mouth starts to open, “No, thank you. I think I’m already full.”

 

But few seconds later, Wonwoo’s stomach growls, producing a rumbling sound and unfortunately, Mingyu heard that. Wonwoo shuts his eyes, he is too afraid to listen what is Mingyu going to say, he knows that Mingyu’s gonna mock him. He waited for a moment, but Mingyu doesn’t say anything, so he opens his eyes again, and all he see is Mingyu’s smile. A very warm smile—but also very dangerous. Wonwoo got goosebump knowing that one freaking smile could cause a big impact on him; his heart beating so fast and he’s stoned for a while until Mingyu’s voices broke the stone. “Are you okay? Do you want me to get you to the medic?”

 

Wonwoo finally can control his body. “Yes, I’m okay. I just need some food, I think.”

 

“Just come with me, I’m a hundred percent sure that you will like my friends!”

 

“Well, if you say so.”

 

After a small walk, those two finally catch up with the others. “Is late becoming your hobby, Kim Mingyu?”

 

Mingyu just grins and showing his teeth off, then brings Wonwoo to the front so the other people could see him. “Wow, you got a new friend? Is he Korean?” Soonyoung, the first one who noticed is getting excited, he stands up and immediately run to Wonwoo and shakes his hand. “Kwon Soonyoung,” Soonyoung introduced himself first, Wonwoo also shakes Soonyoung hand as he mention his name. “I’m Jeon Wonwoo, and yes, I come from Korea. Nice to meet all of you.”

 

Wonwoo sits after he got to know all Mingyu’s friends’s name. “Damn, I want to have a Korean classmate too!” Seokmin whined, and everyone laughs. “And where is your classmate, Minghao? You said you got one who comes from Korea, right?”

 

“Oh, he is being punished, he said he will catch up with us after the punishment.”

 

“What? Punishment in the first day? What the hell was that guy doing?” Everyone asked in disbelief. “He said something like, ‘Sir, do you know what is longer than your life spans? My .’ And after that the lecturer gave us a very long discourse and of course, some special lessons for him.”

 

Jihoon gasps and he looks shocked, “So, there is someone who is more stupid than Seokmin and Soonyoung?”

 

After give a big hit on Jihoon’s head, Seokmin impresses that guy. “He deserves an award! Like, he is so cool. I really want to do that kind of stuff, but I think my mom will immediately force me to come back to Korea and stay in the room to reflect all of my mistakes—or she will send me to the army forever.”

 

“Cool, just do that, then.” Jihoon mumbles.

 

“HEY! I heard that!”

 

Wonwoo laughs slowly as the other do so, he feels happy because he is here. “Wonwoo, you are so quite, I feel sorry because you have to sit here with us…” Jihoon finally said it after holding it for a while. “It’s okay, I like to be here—“

 

“Welcome to the jungle, Jeon Wonwoo.” Minghao said with a suspicious smile.