009) I Saved A Piece For You

100 Ways to Say

Baekhyun sighed as he took a seat on the couch in the recording studio. His elbow dug into the armrest. His head propped against his hand. He looked at the broad back of the figure sitting in the chair in front of him. He wanted so bad to reach out and trace the muscles that protruded in his slightly snug fitting shirt. He couldn’t, however, because he didn’t want to distract the man.

“Hey, Baek. You should go home without me. The others are probably worried, and I’ll be here a while,” The man in front of him said. Baekhyun shook his head before shifting forward in his seat, rubbing the tiredness out of his droopy eyes.

“No, Yeol. I said I’d stay. I want to wait for you,” He said. Chanyeol let out a sigh before turning around. The tired, but adoring, eyes that looked back at Baekhyun made him want to cry. Chanyeol managed a small smile as he got out of his seat and kneeled in front of Baekhyun. He held the slender hands of his lover and looked at him, the love in his eyes hard to contain.

“Baekhyun-ah, I know you’re tired too. But please trust me. I’ll be fine. I’ll be here a while, and you still have promotions for CBX tomorrow. You need your rest,” Chanyeol said. Baekhyun pouted at the comment. While he was sitting here worrying about Chanyeol, Chanyeol was worrying about him. That’s not what he wanted in the slightest. Chanyeol could hear the frustration in Baekhyun’s sigh and couldn’t stop the endearing smile that slowly spread on his lips. He gingerly cupped Baekhyun’s face. He slowly brought him down and placed a feather light kiss on his forehead.

“Channie, that’s not fair,” Baekhyun almost whined. Chanyeol’s smile was soft as he leaned in to place another kiss on Baekhyun’s scrunched up button nose.

“There could’ve been a booger there,” Baekhyun said. Chanyeol couldn’t stop himself from rolling his eyes at the ridiculous comment before finally bringing his lips to Baekhyun’s. Their lips molded and locked together like puzzle pieces that were just meant to be. No tongue or exchanging of saliva was needed to convey the passion both men had for each other. The smoothness of their lips and the lip balm was enough to get their lips to slide against each other in an oddly chaste tango. When Chanyeol pulled away, Baekhyun found himself leaning in more to chase after Chanyeol’s lips. Chanyeol leaned back in to allow the shorter male his desire before pulling away again. He placed his lips on Baekhyun’s forehead and sighed.

“Seriously, Baek, you need your rest. I’ll be at the dorm as soon as I’m done, and I’ll be the first face you see when you wake up,” Chanyeol said. He reluctantly pulled away. He held Baekhyun’s lithe hand in his before pressing his lips on them gently as if any abrupt movement would shatter the existence that is Byun Baekhyun. And quite frankly, Baekhyun felt like he could shatter at any moment. He almost wished that they had never gotten into SM or EXO in the first place, but he knew he would’ve never met Chanyeol if he hadn’t auditioned. He wished that they could be in a simpler relationship.

“I hate this,” Baekhyun’s voice was a soft, inaudible whisper, as he wrapped his arms around Chanyeol’s torso. Chanyeol found the corner of his lips coming up in a soft smile at Baekhyun’s actions.

“I’m sorry, love. I promise to be back as soon as I can, alright?” Baekhyun frowned before he sighed in defeat.

“Fine. But if you break that promise, Yeol, I will hurt you,” Baekhyun said with a pout. Chanyeol knew the threat was empty, and he thinks it’s so cute that Baekhyun pouts when he threatens him. Baekhyun gave the taller another peck on the lips before gathering his phone and wallet. He looked back at Chanyeol one last time and smiled when he saw him look back too.

“Took you long enough,” Baekhyun turned to the voice to the right of him when he exited the door.

“Joonmyeon-hyung, are you taking me back to the dorm?” Baekhyun asked the exhausted looking man beside him. He looked just as tired, if not more, as Chanyeol, but he still displayed such a teasing yet gentle smile.

“Sorry, hyung. I tried to convince him to go back to the dorms with me,” Baekhyun said. Joonmyeon could only shake his head with a smile as he put an arm around Baekhyun’s shoulders and led him outside.

At around three in the morning, Chanyeol arrived at the dorms. Being as quiet and careful as he possibly could, he cringed at the quiet little squeaks the door hinges made when he slowly opened and closed the doors. He took his shoes off and left them by the mess they had at the door and placed the keys to his motorcycle on the hook after shining the light of his cellphone on it. He quietly made his way to the dimly lit living room but stopped in his tracks when he saw a small movement. There, lying on the couch, was Baekhyun. His body engulfed by a large, fluffy blanket. Chanyeol smiled at this. He shuffled over as quietly as he could. Just as he was positioning his hands to lift Baekhyun up, he felt him squirm before quickly getting up. Chanyeol jolted back to avoid butting heads with his lover. Baekhyun’s eyes searched the room before landing on Chanyeol. A bright smile broke from his face before he spread his arms out towards him. Chanyeol immediately picked up his lover, Baekhyun’s legs hugging his waist.

“Time to put my baby to bed,” Chanyeol said as he kissed Baekhyun’s lips.

“Wait,” Baekhyun set his feet down on the floor, making Chanyeol release him in the process. Baekhyun bent down and picked up the plated Chinese Custard Bun.

“Yixing-hyung came back from China today, and I know how much you enjoy eating the snacks and pastries he brings back, so I saved a piece for you,” He said as he handed the plate to Chanyeol. A small smile played at Chanyeol’s lips as he eyed the small baked good and then shifted his gaze over towards the droopy-eyed male who was smiling brightly at him. Chanyeol leaned down and kissed his forehead. He slung his arm around Baekhyun’s waist and led them into his room.

“Thank you, Baek.”