To The Rescue

Because Everything May Change ()

18

To The Rescue

-----

 

(Third Person P.O.V)

 

Kibum breathed in and out at a fast pace. His temperature was rising quickly. Jiyong, one of the mafia men, felt sorry for him and rushed to the tied up Kibum.

“Kangin, Kim Kibum is hyperventilating!! He's really sick!! We need to take him to the hospital!!”

“Jiyong! Why would I want to take that to the hospital? If Ms. Jessica didn't tell us to do so, then we don't to do it.”

“But--”

“No 'but's', Jiyong. I'm going out for a smoke...stay here and watch him. I'll be back in 10 minutes.”

“O-okay...”

Kangin walked out and left Jiyong alone with the sick guy. He made sure Kangin was out of their sight as he took out a pill case. He took one out and grabbed a bottle of water that was sitting on the table near him. Jiyong raised Kibum's head slowly, “Kibum-ssi, drink this...”

Kibum shook his head to be out of Jiyong's touch. He didn't believe he was that nice. Kibum spoke with a hoarse voice, “I don't want to take it...why should I listen...to you?”

“Kibum-ssi, I may be teamed with the bad guys but that doesn't mean I'm bad myself. Please take the medicine...”

Kibum gazed at Jiyong's chinky eyes. His eyes glistened, meaning he was telling the truth. Kibum gave Jiyong the benefit of the doubt and agreed to drink the pill.

He opened his mouth and before the kind guy helped him take the pill, Kibum threw up on the floor. He coughed as he choked on what he had just drained. His mouth, suddenly dry.

“Ah! You're really sick!”

Jiyong wiped Kibum's mouth with his handkerchief.

“You really need to drink my medicine, Kibum-ssi. It's just vitamin C and you'll get better---”

“No...I don't want...please...water...”

Jiyong turned the bottle cap and opened it. He helped Kibum drink from the tip. He lifted sick guy's chin and raised the bottle for the water to pour in Kibum's mouth. He stopped before Kibum's mouth overflowed with water. The sick guy gulped it and thanked him.

“No problem...”

Jiyong went back to sitting on the chair beside the table. Jiyong's face gave Kibum the impression that the guy wanted to quit the mafia. Kibum took the risk and asked, “Jiyong-ssi, is it?”

“Ah, yes. Kwon Jiyong.”

“Nice to meet you...Kwon Jiyong-ssi” Kibum gave a faint smile.  Jiyong smiled back and bowed his head, “Nice to meet you, too...I guess...”

“Jiyong-ssi, if I may ask...why is a good person like you in a mafia?”

Jiyong paused. He wondered why a hostage would be so curious. Yet, he answered him, “It's to pay off my debt to them and get my sister back...”

“Debt? You handled these people before?”

“Yes...” his tone of voice sounded somber.

“And your sister?”

“Ye. Well, my half-sister actually...”

The two of them were silent for a while. Kibum still felt his body shiver. Yet, he wanted to know about Jiyong.

'But maybe he doesn't want to tell me about his sister...I won't ask anymore...'

“You know, Kibum-ssi...you're the first person to actually talk to me like a normal person.”

“I… am?”

“Yes...I've lost my friends. I even lost my sister in the process.”

“If you don't mind...may I know about what happened?”

Jiyong smiled and fixed his chair to face Kibum. Now, he was front-to-front with Kibum, who was tied up.

“I'd release you but I'm told not to...”

“It's alright, Jiyong-ssi...please tell me what happened.”

“For starters, my sister and I were earning or living in the restaurant that our parents left for us. It was fairly new when we came across the mafia of Mr. Jung. He warned us that if we didn't give them half of our earnings every month, we'd be beaten to a pulp.”

Kibum nodded and listened intently.

“We've been following his orders for 3 months but my sister had enough of it. She wanted to tell the police but I told her we shouldn't or they'd come after us. She got mad at my decision and we didn't talk for a week. I went to Mr. Jung while she told the police. I asked Mr. Jung to spare my sister and take me as payment. I would be one of his henchmen while he left my sister alone.When I didn't come back to the restaurant, my sister thought I was still mad. When she had called the police, they informed her that they captured half of the mafia but the rest ran. I haven't seen my sister for 2 years. I feel very guilty... then I just heard that Mr. Jung got her and hid her somewhere I cannot find until the debt was paid off.” Kibum was baffled by Jiyong's story.

Suddenly, Kangin came in walking backwards. He was gesturing someone inside.

“He-hello, Ms. Jessica..”

Jessica appeared on the door, she smirked at me evilly. Nervousness started to build inside of me with her every step towards me.

“Well, well… look who’s suffering the price of being my oppa’s boyfriend.” Kibum gasped softly in pain when Jessica slapped his face. “Do you think I’ll just let you steal my oppa away from me just like that? You !” She slapped me again.

Kibum’s eyelids shut off as his head dangled down, he was too weak to even keep his eyes open.

Jessica asked Kangin to lend her his gun. She had the pistol and fixed her fingers. Kibum heard a faint click from the gun. The crazy was ready to fire, he guessed. Jessica stood a foot away from the almost unconscious guy.

“Mam, please reconsider! I'm sure he won't tell anyone of this and that he’ll leave the guy!” Jiyong tried to negotiate. Jessica only pushed him aside angrily, “Shut up! Defending him won't help! You know, my father’s guards will just kill you if you interfere with my business! Won't be long until they take your sister as well!”

Jiyong only bit his lip. What could he do? He only watched as the little terrorist aimed the gun into Kibum's forehead

“Any last words before I shoot you, Kim Kibum?”

Kibum slowly opened his eyes even though his vision is blurry. “Jonghyun will never like a like you, Jung Jessica.”

The girl just smirked at him. “Oh he will Kibum, he will.” The second she was about to pull the trigger a man yelled, “Hold it!!”

The police had barged in. The armed men ran inside and took hold of the 2 mafia guys. They handcuffed them and took them to the police station.

Jonghyun glared at Jessica who was begging him to spare her from being sent to jail. He just signaled the police officers to just take her away. Then he spotted the guy who he was worried for. Kibum was tied in a pole, he looked really, really frail and pale.

Kibum saw a blurry image of a familiar figure untying him. “Jonghyun?” muttered Kibum as if he just whispered. Jonghyun lifted his head and eyed Kibum as he still untied the weak, sick man.

“Kibummie… I'm so happy you're okay...” Jonghyun hugged his beloved boyfriend after untying the pale guy.

“I'm glad you're okay, too...” Kibum muffled as he also hugged Jonghyun back. Kibum coughed that made Jonghyun worry.

“What? Kibummie, what's wrong?!” Jonghyun examined his boyfriend’s face, which was full of sweat and dirt. Kibum's eyelids were heavy and this only worried Jonghyun more.

Jonghyun panicked even more when the guy collapsed and was unconscious. He carried him bridal styled and got him inside his car and drove down the nearest hospital.

-----

A/N:sorry for the late update, okay?... and I hope you liked this chapter… ^u^ lol~ I have a problem… I don’t have problems with writing the next chapters… but I have difficulties in using the internet and posting it… so I hope that everyone doesn’t mind late updates… and Thanks again for all of your supports ^u^ I LOVE YOU ALL~~ ^u^ <3 <3 <3 *I won’t say the ‘please comment’ line ‘cos I know you’re sick of it…*