The consequence of a KISS?

Because Everything May Change ()

 

13

The consequence of a KISS?

----

 

The next day—Kibum was more dazed than usual. In class, he’d just stare into space and nothing would come out of his mouth. What happened to the cheerful and cool guy? That’s what Taemin pondered on.

At the school’s cafeteria, Kibum was just drooling over his food.

“Key-hyung, is something wrong?” Taemin asked with concern and full of curiosity. “You’ve been like this since this more, I’m starting to get worried.”

“Uhm…i-it’s nothing…” Kibum managed to reply. He didn’t know why, but Jonghyun’s smiling face appeared suddenly on his mind that made him heave a deep sigh before taking a teeny-weeny bite on his food.

“You’re not that hard to read, Hyung…” Taemin said.

“Eh?”

“I know you’re keeping something from me, right?.”

“What? No, I’m not.”

“Yes, you are.”

“No.”

“Yes!”

“No!”

“Yes! Admit it!”

“This is pointless.”

Kibum stood up and left the younger guy on the table. Taemin pouted and made an ‘why-is-Kibum-hyung-acting-this-way’ face. He wanted to know the answer but obtaining it would be the difficult part.

 

-----

 

(Jonghyun’s P.O.V)

There was still awkwardness between Kibum and Me. Both of us couldn’t help it. I kissed Kibum yesterday and there were sparks. I felt it; I knew that Kibum felt it, too. However, that incident made us somewhat distant. The two of us were comfortable before—why did the kiss have to ruin it?

“I think that’s enough for today…” Kibum said as he packed his things.

“Uh…yeah…” I merely uttered.

Kibum walked to the door and before leaving he said, “Goodnight.”

“G-Goodnight...”

Without a second glance behind, Kibum fled the room.

I grunted and fell back on his bed; hands on his face. Why did he have to kiss Kibum? Now, I am being tortured from just being in the same room as Kibum. Every time I look at Kibum’s face, his eyes would automatically look and focus away from my gaze. And when I look at him, the kiss would flood back to my memory bank.

I slapped my forehead. 

“Damn it…why did I have to do that?”

I flinched when my handphone vibrated inside the pocket of my pants. I sighed and opened it to read the message I just received.

 

[id] BBTaeMin~

[time] 06:24 pm

[message]

            Hey hyung! I just want to ask you something.

 

[id]DinoHyunG~

[time] 06:25 pm

[message]

            What is it about?

 

[id]BBTaeMin~

[time] 06:26 pm

[message]

            Did something happen between you and Key hyung???

 

I froze, how did Taemin guessed that something happened between me and Kibum? Did Kibum told him?... I shook my head. No, Kibum will not talk about some close matters like that to someone else. I sighed and typed in my reply.

 

[id]DinoHyunG~

[time] 06:27 pm

[message]

            What are you saying??? Nothing happened between us >.<

 

[id]BBTaeMin~

[time] 06:28 pm

[message]

            I can feel that something happened and you have to admit it ‘cos Key hyung is acting really, really peculiar today! But he doesn’t want to tell me. So you have to tell me what happened!

 

[id]DinoHyunG~

[time] 06:29 pm

[message]

            Nothing happened…

 

[id]BBTaeMin~

[time] 06:30 pm

[message]

            Tell me! Tell me! Tell me! Or else… I’ll tell him myself that you love him!

 

[id]DinoHyunG~

[time] 06:31 pm

[message]

            Yah! Don’t you dare tell him about it!!!

 

[id]BBTaeMin~

[time] 06:32 pm

[message]

            Then tell me what really happened! I’m here to listen.

 

[id]DinoHyunG~

[time] 06:33 pm

[message]

            Oh okay, just don’t tell him that I told you about it… where are you right now?

 

[id]BBTaeMin~

[time] 06:34 pm

[message]

            I’m on my way home, how ‘bout you hyung?

 

[id]DinoHyunG~

[time] 06:35 pm

[message]

            I’m home, I’ll just tell you about it at school tomorrow, araso?

 

[id]BBTaeMin~

[time] 06:36 pm

[message]

            Araso, but you really better to tell me about it.

 

I heaved a deep sigh and placed my handphone down on my study table. Aish! I wish I know what to do now! I plopped down on my bed as I stare at the ceiling of my room. I wish the awkwardness will vanish…

(end of Jonghyun’s P.O.V)

----

(Third Person P.O.V)

The music playing on the stereo was loud enough for the town to hear. Jonghyun has to release all of his stress and the only thing that he thought that would release his stress is by singing his emotions out. He started to sing in time with the music but then his voice cracked when he had to reach a high note in the song.

Jonghyun’s anger rose, “Yaah! I hate this! !”

“Yo! There ain’t no cursin’ in here!”

Jonghyun turned around and it was his half brother Donghae.

“Oh…hey, Donghae-hyun… didn’t see you… What brings you here?”

“I was just passin’ by to get some of my things. What’cha doin’? Ain’t it a school night?”

“…What about you? You’re a older than me!”

“I dropped out, so that I could train. Forgot?” 

“Oh… yeah… sorry, I did…”

“Nah, it’s cool. School was never my thing. I hate readin’ books and writin’ reports about dead people’s stories…out of my comfort zone.”

“Ha-ha.”

Donghae sat beside his younger brother on the floor and asked him, “You ready to talk?”

“Eh?” 

“Do you remember that I promised I’d listen to you if you got problems, Dongsaeng.”

Jonghyun remembered about a conversation they had before.

“You ready to talk?” Donghae questioned. 

“Err…don’t be shocked, okay?”

 Donghae nodded as a promise.

“I’m gay…” Jonghyun confessed.

Donghae’s face remained the same. The younger guy wondered what kind of reaction would come from out from his hyung.

“So what if you’re gay? It doesn’t really matter to me.” 

“Really? You don’t mind?”

“Nah! As long as you don’t hit on your handsome hyung.” 

Jonghyun playfully punched his hyung on the arm, “There’s no way I’d hit on a weak guy like you!”

“Hey! You’d be missing out on a lot if you didn’t!”

“HA! You’re big-headed.”

“You got a small face.”

They exchanged death glares as a sense of friendly rivalry. The two laughed loudly. Even though they just share the same father, the two of them were really, really close. And it made Jonghyun sad when Donghae had to move out for college.

“Is that you’re only problem, ‘saeng? You being in the closet or whatever?”

“Well… that is a problem… but it’s not what I’m thinking about.”

“Oh? What are you thinking ‘bout?”

“…I-I think I’m in love with my friend…”

Donghae’s eyes grew wider and his eyebrows rose. “Why don’t you tell your friend that you like him already?”

“I can’t… I was mean to him before… and I don’t even know if he feels the same way for me, or if he already like someone else. He probably doesn’t like me that way. It for me.”

Donghae gently patted Jonghyun on the head, “It’s okay, ‘saeng. Look, I gotta go now.” His hyung stood up. “Good luck, just give a call if you still feel depress, araso?”

“Araso” Jonghyun nodded as Donghae walked out the door and bid goodbye.

----

Kibum had prepared himself or at least he thought he had for that day – that day everyone would poke fun at him like what they always do. Little did he know, he still wasn’t prepared enough to see an photo-shopped picture of him – lying on a bed with some guy – large enough for everyone to see. The most painful thing about it was he probably deserved it. It didn’t help that he was alone with no one to help him. If only he was here.
 
Rooted on the ground, Kibum started noticing the disgusted looks thrown at him. The mocking laughter around him seemed to be getting louder and louder and for the first time, he felt every bit of control slip from his hands. He knew he couldn’t do anything, anything at all to stop them, to tell them to stop looking because he had never felt so ashamed of himself. These people wanted to see him cry and Kibum wouldn’t allow himself cry, even if it was the most appealing thing to do.
 
The laughter didn’t seem to die down and the stares were still piercing him thoroughly. Kibum wanted nothing more than to run away, and ran he did; only to find Jonghyun right before his face as he bumped against the guy. And that was when Kibum’s warm tears started trickling down his cheeks..
 
The feel of Jonghyun’s arms protectively wrapped around him was more than he could ask for. It was as if Kibum was clinging onto him for his life. He wrapped his arms around Jonghyun, almost automatically, as he buried his face against the guy’s chest.
 
And he cried even more. Never in his life had he felt so safe.
 
“Someone put that ing thing down!!” There wasn’t the usual kindness and cheerfulness in Jonghyun’s tone, “Put it down now!.”
 
Having the courage, Kibum looked up at Jonghyun and found the angry guy looking back intensely at him with a strange spark on his eyes.
 
“Don’t cry now, Love. It’s gone… Ssshh..” Jonghyun planted a chaste kiss on the guy’s forehead, letting his lips linger just a bit longer.
 
Kibum wanted to mutter his appreciation but was unable to do so. He was too astounded to even speak a word as he felt Jonghyun’s warm lips against his heated skin again. All he could do was just keep looking up at the guy who left him breathless.
 
Jonghyun looked away from Kibum after he gave the guy a reassuring smile, “I suggest that every one of you would be smart enough to not let me know who did this. I can’t promise you that you would like what I will do,” With that, Jonghyun took Kibum’s hand and lead the latter to their class.

The two guys didn’t see the frown on a certain girl’s face as she saw what Jonghyun just did to Kibum. She would not stop until that Kim Kibum learn his lesson for being close with her oppa. Her first plan might’ve failed but she will do anything just to make Jonghyun hers.
 

 

---
 

 
A/N: well?*pouts*... I think this the longest chapter I’ve written for this fanfic… what do you think?... oh by the way, the thing that happened to Key was caused by Jessica *if you were confuse who was the girl who planned it ^u^ *And sorry if it’s a bit late and a bit crappy… *I had to write and think about it while I was at practice so it might be a little confusing…* but what the hell?! At least I tried my best right?... say your opinions and comment, araso? *hugs* I feel happy every time I read your comments ^u^ don’t be silent, okay? *I Love You All*!~ mwuah!~ <3 <3 <3