Twenty-Two

My Roommate's A Vampire (By Accident)

When we got home I got this cold feeling in my chest, but everywhere else on my body was on fire. I couldn't move, my vision got really blurry, and I felt like someone was holding me by my neck and couldn't breathe, and my vision just went black.

I woke up later in my bed with a cool rag on my head and a tall glass of water on my nightstand, so I went to the living room to find Taehyung on his tablet with a cup of coffee. He shot up almost instantly when he saw me, and ran over to see if I was okay, which was a very lovely gesture. By the way, when Taehyung finds out people are sick, he's a very gentle and quiet person. Not that he's rough and loud anyways, but he's very motherly; just real quiet, patient, makes sure you're drinking enough water and eating well, those kinds of things.

Anywho, I told him I was fine and thanked him for taking care of me, and I guess it really hit me how much he actually cared because I started crying. I'm not really a crying kind of person unless I feel true emotion (crying's not cathartic to me, it's just draining), but it didn't occur to me that just a few weeks ago, I was living on the street, and just by random chance I danced in his class and he saw me and took me in. He didn't have to do what he did; he could've just said 'oh for that kid', but instead he took me in. No one really showed me that kind of generosity since I left home.

Onto something that's a bit more happy, we had a small meal of chicken soup and ice water, watched some American cartoon about a little boy who has a gem in his stomach, and then sat in silence for a while just enjoying each other's company.

I have to say, in these passed weeks I've really come to make a good friend. I know it's kind of sappy and cringe and cliché, but I really have. None of my friends back home would make sure I was healthy or comfortable, they wouldn't be so willing to put up with any of my weird habits, they wouldn't even enjoy my company in such long periods of time. So I guess what I'm saying is if you have a friend like that, be sure to treasure them.