Chapter 3 - Ruba's POV

Them and the Sea of Royalty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His eyes met mine and tingles spread through my body and when he said ‘Mate’ I felt my stomach twist, whether it’s from excitement or fear I don’t know, but that moment, the only thing that I thought of was ‘It can’t be me. It can’t be me, right?’ However, I didn’t have to think that way anymore, for a moment later, he pulled me in his arms and embraced me, I could feel his heart beating miles an hour, while mine was silent; I could hear his breath muttering ‘Mine.’ Over and over again, whereas mine was heavy and fast with fear and anxiousness.

“Get away from her!” Ruby roared and pulled me away from him, her brown eyes darkening with anger. At this action the king started to growl ‘bad Idea’ I though and clutched on Ruby’s hand harder. Lilli came to her side and hid me behind their backs.

“Give her back to me, rouge!” He growled using his alpha tone, however, Ruby didn’t back down, she tightened her grip on me, her eyes showing defiance.

“NO! I won’t let you take her away from us! I won’t be this stupid again!” She growled back and that apparently angered him even more. His canines started to grow and his eyes were changing between brown and gold, and I had the urge to go to him, to comfort him. Which felt weird, because the only people I felt this way for are my family, Lilli and Ruby.

“I have to go to him.” I whispered to Ruby, and she only shook her head and tightened her grip on me. Lilli then looked at us then looked at the alpha king, begrudgingly she separated Ruby’s hand from me. And I slowly approached the Alpha King. Half way there he pulled me into his arms, and that moment guards entered.

“Take them away.” He calmly commanded, with me still in his arms. I started panicking when I heard his command. The guards started pulling Ruby and Lilli, even though (surprisingly) Lilli went calmly, Ruby was not.

“If you harm her in anyway I’ll come after you! Even though you’re these bastards king you’re not mine! You hear me! I’ll kill you if anything happens to her!” I roared still struggling but surprisingly not shifting. I could tell the guards were having trouble pulling her, for now six guards were trying to pull her away. “Let me go you, son of a !”

“What are you doing?! Let them go!” I struggled against his grip.

“Stop struggling! I’m trying to protect you from these filthy beings!” He growled back. However, what he said made me forget my fear and let my anger fuel. I could feel my demon, Janus, gaining control, for even though my demon enjoys killing the only people she won’t kill and rather protect are Ruby and Lilli.

“Don’t call them that.” Janus growled, gaining control of my body and I let her.

“Don’t let your demon gain control. I don’t want to hurt you.” He whispered, but I was far from listening.

“Let them go.” She growled, still trying to be calm.

“They’ll harm you if I let them go! I won’t let you get harmed.” He growled back, tightening his hold on me.

“Janus!” I heard Ruby call and my attention went to her. “Relax, we’re fine, don’t worry. He won’t kill us. He’ll just lock us. Let Ruba gain back control.”

“No! I won’t accept that! I will never accept that!” I felt my body shifting into its demonic state. The king tightened his grip on me.

“No, don’t do this to me. Don’t let me hurt you.” He whispered pleading, his voice showing his pain and struggle.

“Janus! If you don’t relax, he’ll harm Ruba! He’ll harm us!” I could hear Ruby’s voice from far. I finished shifting and got out of his hold. Right that moment, I out. Resulting in Janus taking complete control of our body.

***

I slowly gained back my vision, I looked around me and saw that I was in a room. ‘Where am I? What happened?’ I thought. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter