ONKEY

Those Nights

Jinki walked to one of the cells with a file in his hand.

 

“Kim Kibum ?” He asked.

 

The said man raised his head and walked closer, his slender fingers grabbing the iron bars of the cell. Jinki looked up from his file to take a look at him and he found himself unable to look away. The man had black raven hair, feline sharp brown eyes, a small nose, gorgeous heart-shaped lips and high cheekbones. His skin looked smooth, soft and inviting.

 

Jinki had never seen someone so beautiful.

 

“The one and only.” The man said, smiling mischievously.

 

“I-I’ll be handling your case from now on.”

 

Minho had asked him to switch cases. He was pretty sure they couldn’t do that but he had had no choice but to accept when he had seen his friend’s tired face.

 

“Oh yeah ? You think you could handle me, Mr officer ?” The man teased.

 

“Detective, not officer.” He corrected.

 

“Oh… Detective. Am I special ? Do I deserve to be handled by a detective ?”

 

The man was obviously very drunk, seeing how flirty he was being.

 

“You were driving thirty miles over the speed limit and your blood alcohol level is very high.”

 

“You look like a gentleman.” The young man said, ignoring him and leaning against the bars. “I bet you treat women reeeaaally well. Like princesses.”

 

Jinki sighed and tried to keep his eyes on the papers in his hand. He started to understand why this man had gotten the better of Minho’s patience.

 

“I have two choices now, as we cannot let you go in that state. You could stay the night right here, in the cell, or I could drive you home.”

 

“I don’t wanna stay here.” The young man said, pouting. “I wanna go home. Please, Mr Detective...”

 

Of course the prettiest man he had ever seen would be begging him. He was pressed against the cell with his hands on the bars, pouting. Jinki felt his heart melt at the sight and he heaved a sigh. He had always been a softie.

 

“Alright.”

 

The man’s eyes lit up and he smiled widely, cute dimples showing on his cheeks.

 

“Thank you so much, Mr Detective ! I could kiss you ! Do you... want me to ?” He smiled mischievously and Jinki gulped at the idea of kissing the boy’s pretty pink lips.

 

He shook his head. Come on, Jinki… You’re working right now, and he’s drunk. He decided to ignore the man and opened the door of the cell. The man walked out with a huge smile, his legs a bit shaky. Jinki wondered if he would be able to walk all the way to the car and if it wouldn’t be wiser to let him sleep at the police station, but he had already said he would get him home so he had no choice but to do it. He grabbed the man’s arm to keep him on his feet and the other gasped.

 

“You have a strong grip, Mr Detective.” He said flirtingly. “That’s pretty hot. I love your hands. And your fingers... Man, I would really like to feel them in-”

 

“Okay !” he said loudly, interrupting the younger before he had a chance to say another embarrassing comment. “Let’s go now.”

 

Jinki walked to the car and opened the back door. The other pouted.

 

“No, please, no… I wanna go in the front, with you. Please. Pleeeaaase.” Jinki only stared at him. “I’ll be good, I promise.”

 

“Fine.” He said, his resolve breaking when seeing the other beg.

 

He helped the other get in the car and closed the door, before sitting in the driver’s seat. He asked for his address and entered it on the GPS. The man grabbed keys out of his pockets and gave them to him. He hardly saw why this was necessary but he didn’t comment. He could feel the younger’s eyes on him and he kept his eyes on the road, one hand on the steering wheel and another on the gearshift.

 

The roads were empty and silent, and he glanced at the boy beside him. He was quietly looking through the window, his pretty face and delicate features illuminated by the moonlight. It was a breathtaking sight. His eyes went back to the road, the silence surrounding them.

 

He felt a hand grab his and he jumped a little, surprised at the sudden contact. He looked up and his eyes met the younger’s feline ones. It was dangerous to look away from the road, especially for someone as unlucky as him, but the man’s eyes were hypnotising. Thank God there were no turns or crossroads on the road. The younger intertwined their fingers and it broke him out of his trance. He blushed and broke eye-contact. He heard the other giggle and his hand left his own.

 

“Alright, I’ll stop.” He said with a smirk. “I promised to be a good boy, after all...”

 

Why did everything sentence coming out of his mouth had to sound ual ?

 

They drove for a while, since the man lived quite far from the police station. When they arrived, he parked the car in front of the other’s residence building and turned towards the young man, only to see him asleep in the seat.

 

“Great.” He said, sighing again. “I knew I should have left you at the police station.”

 

He tried to shake the other awake but his eyes stayed closed. He got out of the car and walked to the passenger’s door to grab the other man.

 

“Oh. Right, the keys.” He said out loud, facepalming himself. He searched for them in the car and he started panicking when he couldn’t find them. “No, no, no, no… Where are they ?!”

 

Of course, his bad luck had to strike at that moment. He hadn’t driven all the way to the man’s apartment to be stuck at the front door because he had lost those stupid keys ! They were still in the car, they had to be. He took a deep breath and started searching the car thoroughly. He looked for a good five minutes before finding the said keys underneath the driver’s seat. He heaved a sigh of relief and went to open the door before lifting the sleeping man in his arms. He had a slim body but he was heavier than he looked. Jinki went in the elevator, since the man lived on the eighteenth floor. How could you still be asleep ? He thought, staring at the unconscious man in his arms. He sat him against the wall while he opened the door of his apartment. He the lights and lifted the man once more before walking to the couch.

 

“You’re stronger than you look.” Jinki jumped at the voice and he tripped on the carpet. They both fell on the floor and he heard the young man groaned, rubbing his arm. “What the hell ! Can’t you be more careful ? Who the trips over a carpet ?!”

 

“Y-you weren’t sleeping !” Jinki said with wide eyes.

 

“Of course I wasn’t !”

 

“You pretended to be asleep so I would have to carry you ?!” Jinki said in disbelief.

 

“Trust me, this is the last time I’m doing that.” He hissed as he stood up. “Ow. Seriously though, aren’t you a little too clumsy to be a detective ?”

 

Jinki stood up and glared at him. The man pouted.

 

“Are you mad at me, Mr Detective ?” He spoke in a soft voice, his eyes blinking innocently.

 

“You’re home now, I have to go.” He said, going to the door.

 

“No, wait !” The younger said, back hugging him. “You can’t go now… I have to thank you for driving me home…”

 

He felt the younger’s hands slide on his body and he froze. He grabbed the man’s hands and turned to him. He was about to lecture him but the look the younger was giving him made his knees go weak.

 

“Just go to sleep…” He said, his voice weaker than he would have liked.

 

“Make me.” The other said with a smirk.

 

 

It turned out that the younger apparently had no intention of letting the other leave, and Jinki had to wait at least an hour for the younger to finally let go of him.

 

He was sitting on the edge of the bed, watching as the younger struggled to keep his eyes open. The effects of alcohol were finally starting to fade and the younger felt the need to sleep. He was lying on his stomach next to Jinki, his hair tousled and his eyes half-closed. One of his hands was resting on Jinki’s lap. The sheets were all over the place, on the floor and on the bed. The younger’s shirt and leather jacket had ended up on the ground, as well as his shoes, and Jinki couldn’t help but stare at the beautiful man. He had to resist the urge to the soft-looking milky skin of the younger’s back.

 

“Mr Detective ?” The younger whispered.

 

Jinki smiled, looking fondly at the half asleep man.

 

“You’re a nice guy, ya know.” The younger mumbled. “I like you… You’re a gentleman, and you’re cute. You kinda look like tofu. I like tofu. It’s soft, and squishy.”

 

Jinki smiled and, without really knowing what he was doing, reached out to brush a strand of hair out of the younger’s pretty face.

 

“Stop talking now.” He said softly. “Just sleep.”

 

“Yeah… Sleep. Sleep is good.”

 

He quickly fell asleep and Jinki covered him with a blanket, before leaving. He glanced one last time at the man and smiled, closing the door behind him.