MINKEY

Those Nights

Minho enjoyed working in the nighttime, for the roads were almost empty and silent. The sun was nowhere to be seen, replaced by thousands of stars and a moon big enough to light up the way to the police station better than the streetlamps on both sides of the road.

 

He took a deep breath as the cold night air hit his warm skin. He liked being on a nightshift. It was soothing, relaxing him after all the hard work he had done that night. He wondered what would happen next.

 

He was driving on a large road on the outskirts of the town when he heard a roaring sound. He frowned and the noise grew louder and louder, and he stared at his rear-view mirror and he saw a blinding light. A car.

 

A very fast driving car.

 

He barely had the time to glance at it that the said car drove past his own, leaving him dumbfounded for a second.

 

“Oh no, you don’t.”

 

He the sirens and pressed the accelerator, chasing after the red car. Whoever this driver was, he would not get away tonight. Not on his watch.

 

He drove faster and faster to catch up with the speeding car and felt relieved that the roads were empty. The chase could have easily created an accident if there had been any cars. He managed to drive next to the car and glanced at the driver.

 

His eyes met sharp brown feline orbs rimmed with kohl, and he froze for a second.

 

The car next to him suddenly slowed down and he followed. To his surprise, the shiny red car slowly pulled over, stopping on the side of the road. He parked his car in front of the other and got out. The night air touched his skin again, it was colder than before.

 

He walked to the car and his eyes detailed it. It was a dark red, like blood, with smooth angles and silvery rims. It looked expensive and sporty.

 

He knocked on the driver’s window and the man slowly lowered his window.

 

“Hey there, Mr Cop.” A deep and velvety voice said.

 

“Are you aware that you were driving past the speed limit ?”

 

The man shifted and Minho took a better look at him. He had neatly combed black hair, contrasting with a white skin. His face was flawless, and so was his body as much as he could see. The man wore tight skinny black jeans ripped at the knees, a white tank top that were exposing his neck and collarbones and a big black leather jacket. His eyes travelled to the man’s thin hands, he was wearing leather fingerless gloves and was gripping the steering wheel loosely.

 

He was undeniably y.

 

The young man smirked, knowingly.

 

“See something you like ?” He asked in a husky voice.

 

Minho blinked, shaking his head to clear his mind. Come on Minho, you’re on duty.

 

“I want to see your ID and driving licence.”

 

“Oh I’ll show you everything you want to see, officer.

 

Is this guy playing with me ?

 

“Stop joking around and show me your papers.”

 

The man sighed and grabbed some papers in the glove compartment.

 

“There you go, handsome.” He said with a smirk as he gave him the papers.

 

“Why were you driving so fast ?” He asked sternly.

 

If the man thought that he would avoid being punished for his crime by flirting, he was wrong. Minho had never been the type to be bribed.

 

“Dunno. I just felt like it.” He said, stretching. His swift movement reminded Minho of a cat. “Isn’t it worth it though ? I got to see you… and you got to see me...”

 

The man moved and rested his chin on the opened car window. He stared at Minho up and down with a smirk and his lips.

 

“Are you drunk ?”

 

The man laughed and Minho knew he was.

 

“Maybe…”

 

“Alright, you don’t mind if I don’t take your word for it ?” He walked to his car and grabbed a breathalyzer before returning to the car. He presented it to the other.

 

“Wow. We just met, you know. Don’t you think it’s a little early to ask me to blow ?”

 

Minho sighed. The innuendos were getting heavier by the minute.

 

“If you refuse to take this test, I’ll have to take you to the police station to do a blood test.”

 

“Go on then, take me to the police station.” He said, holding his wrists to Minho with a smirk. “I’ve been bad Mr Officer, you should cuff me.”

 

Minho wondered how much alcohol this guy had consumed to want to go with him to the police station.

 

“Get out of the car.”

 

“Yes, Mr Cop.” He said in a fake innocent way, obediently getting out of the car and following Minho to the police car. “Damn, I had forgotten how y policemen looked in those uniforms… It’s like eye-candy.”

 

“Alright stop this now.” He said, violently grabbing the young man’s wrists to cuff him.

 

“Ow ! Playing it rough now, Mr officer ?” He complained, rubbing his wrists.

 

I bet you like it rough anyway.

 

Minho froze at his own thought. What was he thinking ?

 

“Wait ! My baby !” He shouted, looking at his car.

 

“I’ll ask someone to take it to the police station.”

 

He opened the back door and pushing the young man inside before closing the door and go back in the driver’s seat.

 

“Hmm… I bet you cops are into some , with your handcuffs and stuff.”

 

Minho resisted the urge to hit his head against the steering wheel.

 

It was going to be a long drive to the police station.