Your Place

Beautiful Stranger
Please log in to read the full chapter

2. Your Place

 

“This…This is your place.” Jimin said, opening the door. Jungkook looked around, feeling lost. Nothing at that place seemed familiar, nor the walls, nor the things around, not the messy decoration.

Not even after a few days at the hospital something about that place came to mind. Couldn’t sleep well there, still not believing that his memory loss was real. It was scary. His parents had told him stories, showed him pictures and basically did anything to remember things related to the last three years. But now was the first time he’d seen Jimin again after all the mess when he woke up in the hospital that day — and he never stopped thinking about him and his pained face when he realized Jungkook didn’t recognized him.

Turned to face Jimin and the other boy smiled to him. He had no idea to what he could say to him. From what he knew he was supposed to trust that guy but everything he could think is that he was a complete stranger.

“We…hmm…we’re not roommates, right?” Jungkook asked, not looking at him in the eyes, instead eyeing a pile of clothes in a basket at the side of the sofa. The atmosphere was tense, awkward.

“No, not…yet.” Jimin shook his head.” I just…well, I used to spend a lot of time here.”

Jungkook nodded. He tried to smile, but Jimin went to the sofa to put his bag there. At least they weren’t roommates, otherwise it would be too uncomfortable. Observed Jimin go to the basket and look into the mess of clothes there.

“You can get comfortable, I won’t stay. I…I have class now and work later.” Jimin said, picking up a shirt and some jeans from the basket. “Can I at least change here? I’m kinda late.”

Jungkook nodded and sat on the sofa. Jimin was too nice, even though he was there because Jungkook’s parents asked because they couldn’t be there from what he knew. It was a bother that he didn’t knew the boy that well as everyone said.

“So, what you work at?” asked, trying to start a conversation. Jimin smiled while looking for something at his bag. Was genuinely curious about it, wanted to know more about Jimin because maybe something could sparkle a memory, even if it was a tiny piece of it.

“I work at a café. It’s not like my father’s one in our hometown but it’s quite nice.”

“Your dad owns a café?”

“Yes, it’s in Busan. It’s a nice place, you’ve…” Jimin’s voice trail down and his tone is not happy anymore.

Jungkook nodded, taking in the details. He looked at the boy’s face but only for a second before looking into another direction — he could swear he saw tears in Jimin’s eyes. Jimin simply sighed and turned to go to the bathroom, clothes in hand.

The door locking was the only sound now and was somewhat calming; it was horrible not knowing what to do or how to act with Jimin around.

Jungkook got up, deciding for exploring the apartment, starting for his room. Was really curious about all the things he liked now, how his life was before this mess and what still the same from years back.

There were a big bed, a desk full of books, sketchbooks and a laptop, an wardrobe, shelfs on the walls full of more books, DVD’s and even some action figures. But the most impressive thing was the many pictures glued on the wall beside the bed — some were polaroids, other were bigger but all of them were memories

Please log in to read the full chapter