Ghost Boy

Beautiful Stranger
Please log in to read the full chapter

3.Ghost Boy

 

The rest of the day Jungkook spends looking over his whole little apartment, looking for something that could be even slightly familiar to him. He doesn’t have a license, had no idea where his phone was and couldn’t go anywhere else unless he walked but had no idea where to go. So he looked through all his cupboards, drawers, finding things from the life he was supposed to have now and familiar things from his old one. His clothes looks so different from what he remembered to wear, now there were even suits in the middle — clothes that no longer belonged to a teenager.

There were also some accessories like watches and sunglasses. There is some he remembers but others had no significance. There was even a silver ring, just simple and blank but he had no idea why that was the only ring he had and why it was packed with so much care in a little white box.

It's weird having so much stuff that you don’t know about but you were supposed to. Still couldn’t take out of his head the image of Jimin crying as he got into the elevator. This incomplete puzzle that his mind was now was only hurting people around him meanwhile he remained confused.

Honestly, Jungkook feels like he failed. He hated hurting people and yet here he was, dealing with concern and sadness in his parents eyes, seeing Jimin cry for feeling like he lost someone important to him…He feels like he failed in keeping people who loved and cared for him, happy.

When he looks in the mirror he could see a different person as well. He looks pale and worn out, bandages on his right forearm and purpling bruises here and there that he could see when he lifted his shirt, showing abs he doesn’t even remember building. It was like looking at a complete stranger face even though the same features were there but slightly matured per se. Like two different versions of himself if that makes any sense.

And still had the matter about Jimin. Whatever they had before it was completely reduced to a point that they could even be called something?Not even the word ‘friends’ could fit this anymore,they were nothing but strangers to each other now even if people could suppose they were just by the way Jimin came running to the hospital when he knew about the accident. But as far as it goes, not even that they could do now because that was a different life from a different Jungkook.

The doctors said that there was no cure for situations like these. Oftentimes the memories could comeback in pieces, but sometimes they don’t or they don’t come complete and that everyone needed to be prepared for whatever outcome he could have. They said the only real thing to help was getting back to his normal routine and learn the best about the memories who are missing but did they tell him how it would hurt the others around him? No, they didn’t.

He wants to hit something, break the plates in the kitchen, punch the bathroom mirror just to watch it break, just so he can have something that’s similar to how he feels inside. But he holds it in as he watches his mom fussing over his tray, complaining about how little he’s eating while sat in that unfamiliar table in that unfamiliar apartment.

Jungkook takes another bite of the food to please his mom. He chews while thinking about what he wants to ask his mom and swallows when he is decided, “Mom, is there anything else I need to know about?Like anything big or shocking that happened these last three years?”

His mom smiles. “Define shocking, dear.”

He shrugs. “I don’t know. I don’t have a job or get married or anything like that, did I?”

She chuckles.

Please log in to read the full chapter