ELEMENT 2

ELEMENTS: The Princess

CHAPTER 2:

“WHAT?!?! Father, no!” Ji Yong exclaimed.

“It has been decided, your sister was the one who agreed to this.” The King said.

Ji Yong knocked at his sister’s door and enter. “Why did you agree to the marriage?” Ji Yong cut to the chase. “I have heard your conversation with Dara yesterday.” Se Ah replied nonchalantly. “Our conversation doesn’t matter, you are my sister, I can’t force you into a marriage with a guy you have never met.” Ji Yong said with sincerity. ‘It’s okay brother, I am strong enough to get through this marriage.” “But what if” Ji Yong said but was interrupted by Se Ah “There’s no what if” silence came in between them and Ji Yong broke the silence “You are my dearest sister you know that right.” Se Ah, slightly touched replied “Yes I am, and will always be.” “Do you know that you have changed a lot ever since you fell down the cliff? It’s like you have totally become a whole new person” Se Ah shocked by this sentence, gasp and tried to say something but her brain cannot make up anything. Ji Yong continues “But I will love you no matter how much you have changed. I will love you forever, keep that in mind.” Ji Yong flick her forehead and Se Ah quickly winced in pain and tried to get revenge on her brother but to no avail.

At the same time, Chanyeol just heard the news that he was going to marry the princess of water kingdom, Kwon Se Ah. Chanyeol knew it was pointless to resist because his father’s words are the law. And also because he hate his father to the point that he do not want to even talk to him unless it was for work. He rather marry the girl then talk to his father. Chanyeol looked at the portrait of Kwon Se Ah and anger rises. “How dare he force me to marry her?” He shouted and flames shot out from his palms. He look at the now burnt picture and crushed it. This girl, she will experience a marriage life worse than death from me. Chanyeol thought.

One day later, Chanyeol arrived at Water Kingdom. The whole royal family had waited for him to arrive. He politely bowed towards the King and Queen and simply nod at towards the crown prince. He look around and found who he was looking for. He walk towards her and place a light kiss on her hand. Looking at her flustered reaction, he immediately know that she is the princess indeed. During dinner, everything happened smoothly and he continue to put up the false polite manner. At night, while he was resting in his room, he heard a small knock. “Come in”

Did he just kiss my hand? Se Ah thought as she immediately become embarrassed by the action. But he looked so familiar.... During dinner, he was very polite towards everyone and that made Se Ah thought that maybe this prince is quite nice. At night, Se Ah walk out of her room, wanting to find her brother one last time before she leave for Fire kingdom tomorrow. Se Ah walk past one of the room and saw that the door was slightly opened. Wanting to help close the door, Se Ah leaned forward and heard Dara’s voice. “Chanyeol, I know that it is hard for you to accept but the girl has nothing to do with this. Do not harm her.” Dara emphasized. “Why should I? It is her fault that I am stuck in this marriage. I have never wanted to be with any other girl except for you, you know that!” Chanyeol bellowed. “Chanyeol, you know that me and you, we two are impossible! My heart is with Ji Yong and will always be with Ji Yong.” “Just in what areas is that prince better than me?” Chanyeol angrily said. “Stop! Chanyeol, I came here not to talk about this but to talk about Se Ah. You better treat her right or me and you are not friends anymore.” Dara threatened and left the room. Seeing Dara heading for the door, Se Ah quickly ran and hide behind a wall at the corner. Luckily, she was not seen by Dara. Deciding not to find her brother anymore, Se ah returned to her room and laid on the bed, thinking about what she just overheard throughout the night.

The next day, as farewell came nearer, Se Ah could feel tears threatening to spill out from her eyes. Within such a short period of time, she had already grown attached to them. Chanyeol politely shook each and everyone’s hand and when it was her brother’s turn, she could see her brother drag Chanyeol closer and mumbled something. She remembered what her brother said to her that time. “Just endure five months, if by five months, you are not happy with this marriage, I will bring you back even if father and mother disagree.” Se Ah hugged each and every one of her family members and slowly walked to the carriage. “Wait” the king called out. Se Ah looked behind to see Areum walk towards her. “Areum will be keeping you company for the first three month until your wedding” The king said. Even though Se Ah was sad to leave her family, but she was overjoyed to have her best friend with her on this trip.

Travelling to Fire Kingdom will take a full day. Because it is all dessert on the way, they can only sleep in a tent during the night. It was hot and the dessert was making Se Ah feel very thirsty. But she do not dare to ask for water from Chanyeol, who was sitting opposite her in the carriage and Areum was sitting in another carriage so it was impossible to ask her for water. Soon, night falls and everyone began to set up the tents. Unable to bear her thirst anymore, Se Ah quickly look for a water point. Not far away was a small lake and Se Ah immediately rushed to the lake. Feeling at bliss, Se Ah continue to top herself up with water. Suddenly, there was a violent jerk and Se Ah could feel the ground shaking. “What is happening?” Se Ah asked and looked in front of her. “Holy !” Se Ah could feel herself shaking from fear when a giant scorpion appears in front of her. She quickly shout for help and could see soldiers rushing to save her. But none of them dare to approach her. Se Ah looked back at the scorpion and see the tail aiming for her. , I am going to die today because of a giant’s scorpion’s sting. Se Ah thought and close her eyes to wait for the incoming pain. However, after a while, she still felt nothing. She opened her eyes to see Chanyeol standing in front of her, one hand engulfed by flames. Shocked, Se Ah find herself unable to speak even a word. “Girl, get out of here.” Chanyeol said. However due to the fear and the shock, as much as Se Ah wants to follow his instructions, she find herself unable to stand. “What a troublesome girl tsk.” Chanyeol grabbed Se Ah up by the waist. ‘Whatt…..Whattt are you…doing. Hands off!” Finally getting her senses back, Se Ah began to struggle. Suddenly, someone shouted “WATCH OUT!!!” Se Ah look up to see the scorpion tail zoomed in in front of her. “!!!” Se Ah shouted and Chanyeol irritably said “so annoying, shut up will you.” Immediately flames appeared from Chanyeol’s palm and Chanyeol shoot the ball of flame towards the giant scorpion.” Chanyeol created another ball of fire and shoot multiple balls of fire at the scorpion. Instantly, the scorpion died and turn to ashes. Shocked, Se Ah gaped, mouth opened at the sight. Chanyeol, who was still holding on to Se Ah, suddenly let go and Se Ah landed on the floor painfully. “Ouch! What was that for, you jerk!” Se Ah grimaced. Chanyeol who was walking back to his tent, said without turning back, “You call me a jerk when I just saved you? What perfect manners the princess of Water Kingdom have.” Chanyeol arrogantly stride back to his tent.

Absorbed by her anger, Se Ah totally forgot to ask Chanyeol why he can use fire. The next morning, Se Ah, Chanyeol and Areum was sitting in one carriage and Se Ah immediately started asking, “Why were you able to make fire appear from your hands yesterday?” “Princess you didn’t know? Ouhya, you had lost your memories, I forgot. Well, in this country, we are all separated into four different kingdoms. Fire, Water, Wind and Earth. However, the name of the kingdom is not named like that for no purpose. Fire Kingdom have fire users whereas Water kingdom have water users and the same applies to the air and earth kingdom.” Areum patiently explained. ‘Then why I don’t have any powers?” Se Ah asked curiously. “Well, the power was given when they were born. For example, your brother was born with the power of water and you were not. It varies with different people. Normally, those who are elemental users will be used by the royals as guards.” Areum continue to slowly explain. “Also there is a rule that must be obeyed if not, it will disrupt the peace between the countries. The rules is that Element users are only allowed to stay in their element kingdom. Means a water user can only stay in the water kingdom. Only a non-elemental user can travel to another Kingdom. Any disobedience will result in death or banishment.” “Hmmm, that is interesting, but isn’t there any special cases?” Se Ah questioned. “There is currently one, which is your brother and Dara.” At the mention of Dara, Chanyeol’s ear perk up which was noticed by Se Ah. “Dara is a fire user but she is in water kingdom right now. So In order to maintain peace, the kingdoms have come to an agreement which is to force you into a bloody marriage, which is you and Chanyeol.” Se Ah slightly coughed to signal Areum to stop talking and Areum immediately catch the hint. The rest of the journey was completed with comfortable silence.

When they reached the palace, Chanyeol disappeared at the speed of light and only Se Ah was there, awkwardly welcomed by the King. Dara was led to her room and she was overjoyed to find out that her room was big and elegant, it has a very different feel from her room back in water Kingdom but this room was in fact to her liking as well. Se Ah spent the rest of her afternoon touring around the palace and catching up with Areum. Soon night falls and Se Ah was preparing to sleep when she hear the door open. “What…What are you doing here?” Se Ah was shocked to see Chanyeol walk through the door. “This is my room, if I am not here, where would I be?” Se Ah exclaimed “Your Room?!?! You mean we are sleeping in the same room?!?!?!” Chanyeol didn’t replied her anymore and just slept on his side of the bed. An awkward silence formed and Se Ah couldn’t decide what to do, should she sleep beside him or sleep elsewhere? But there are no more space to sleep anymore except for the cold hard floor. Se Ah thought. Sighing, Se Ah took out an extra blanket and pillow and laid on the floor. Everything that happened today flashed through her mind and Se Ah suddenly thought of something. “AH!!” She exclaimed loudly and Chanyeol shouted back in annoyance ‘Can you shut up?!” “Sorry…” Se Ah mumbled and laid back on the floor. She remembered now. This Chanyeol look exactly like the Chanyeol in her world. They even have the same name. Could they have the same personality? Se Ah thought. Just like that, Se Ah slowly drift to sleep.

When morning arrives, Se Ah look at the bed to see Chanyeol still sleeping. She quietly freshened up and left the room. After breakfast, Se Ah was going to meet Areum but then a servant informed her that Chanyeol wishes to see her. Se Ah lightly knock on Chanyeol’s door and entered with his permission. “What did you call me for?” Se Ah asked. “Well, I forgot to tell you something.” Chanyeol casually said and slowly walk towards Se Ah. ‘What did you forgot?” Se Ah asked curiously. Chanyeol stride closer towards Se Ah and said ‘Well firstly, as my fiancée, I have to tell you that since we will become husband and wives, you will have to take care of my needs, make sure that all my needs are met. I emphasize, ALL needs” With each sentence, Chanyeol walk closer to Se Ah and Se Ah took another step behind. “What?!?!” Se Ah managed to reply, backing up until she felt her back touch the wall. Nervous, Se Ah look up to see Chanyeol hovering over her. Se Ah gulped and said ‘What…what…do…you mean?” She tried to escape but Chanyeol immediately caged her with his hands. Chanyeol slowly leaned forward, aiming for her lips. Not sure what to do, Se Ah closed her eyes and waited.

Chanyeol smirked, leaned forward and whispered to her ear “Be my personal maid.”

 

Author's Note:

This is the second chapter, Hope you guys enjoy it and feel free to comment:D