ELEMENT 3

ELEMENTS: The Princess

CHAPTER 3:

For the infinite time, Se Ah ask herself again, why did she have to be Chanyeol’s personal maid. What did she do to deserve this… “Se Ah, come in.” “Yes” Se Ah answered and walked into the room. Looking at the smirk on Chanyeol’s face, she knew that he was up to no good. “Help me massage my shoulders.” Chanyeol ordered and Se Ah pretended to ignore his order. “Hmm…being rebellious is it? guess I will have to ask my father to bring Dara back I guess.” Chanyeol said and he headed for the door. Immediately, Se Ah reach out to Chanyeol and pull him back on his seat. “No no no, I wasn’t ignoring you, I have bad hearing that’s all.” Yes, it is this very reason that give me no choice but to follow his orders. Se Ah thought. Chanyeol had revealed that he knew Se Ah was eavesdropping when he was talking to Dara that time. And he threatened to bring back Dara if Se Ah refused to be his personal maid so Se Ah got no choice but to be his personal maid. “Prepare the water. I want to bathe.” Chanyeol ordered and starts to his shirt. Embarrassed, Se Ah quickly ran into the bathroom to prepare the bath. When she turn around, she saw Chanyeol leaning by the door, with nothing but jeans. She had to admit that Chanyeol look extremely hot. Blushing, Se Ah quickly went out and took a deep breath. Unable to resist looking at Chanyeol’s perfect abs, she slowly turned to see Chanyeol smirking at her, his hands slowly lowering down to his zip. “AHHHH!!!!” Se Ah screamed, covering her face in embarrassment and ran out of the room. The next few days passed by in a blur. Every day, she was supposed to stand behind him when he eat, massage him whenever he wants and help him prepare his baths. Then at night, she would sleep on the floor while Chanyeol have the whole bed to himself.

Today, as usual, Chanyeol was in a bad mood. However, he was different from before. Even though Chanyeol was normally rude, but today, Chanyeol had snapped at everything she does and had kicked Se Ah out of his room when it was time to prepare his bath. Se Ah, who couldn’t bear it in anymore, complained to the head housekeeper about Chanyeol temper and how much she wants to beat him up for his rudeness. The head housekeeper, in her mid-sixties, had been serving the royal family ever since she was 18 years old. She was also the only person Se Ah could complain to because the head housekeeper was her mother figure during her stay in the Fire Kingdom. “Miss, Please do not blame prince Chanyeol, every year on the 15th of the third month, prince Chanyeol would always be in a bad mood because it was his mother’s anniversary.” After hearing this, Se Ah did not blame Chanyeol for his rudeness towards her today as much as before. She may still be pissed at Chanyeol’s rudeness but she also know that Chanyeol seem to be a lonely person so she was the only person that he can vent all his anger on. With a new attitude, Se Ah head towards Chanyeol’s room.

“Chanyeol, I’m here to bring you your coffee.” Se Ah lightly knocked on the door and said. When she hear no reply, she quietly peeked inside to see Chanyeol resting on his desk.  Se Ah walk towards the desk and place his coffee on the table. However, something was wrong as Chanyeol was drenched with sweat. Immediately, Se Ah place her hand on his forehead and immediately retreated. He is having a high fever. Se Ah thought. “Chanyeol! Chanyeol! Wake up!” Se Ah shook Chanyeol by the shoulder. “Go Away.” Chanyeol mumbled. “No! I can’t leave you like this with such a high fever. Wait here, I will call for the doctor.” Se Ah said. Chanyeol immediately grabbed on to her arm and said “no, don’t call the doctor.” Se Ah tried to pull her arm out but she couldn’t. After a while, deciding that it was simply futile to go against Chanyeol, Se Ah struggled to carry Chanyeol to the bed.  She placed Chanyeol on the bed, then she rushed off to the bathroom and came out with a basin of water and a white cloth.  She wet the cloth and placed it on Chanyeol’s forehead. After going back and forth from the bathroom a few times, Chanyeol’s fever still had not gone down. Starting to worry, Se Ah blame herself for not having any experience in taking care of a sick person. The she remembered a scene from her favourite drama back in her world. She quickly Chanyeol’s shirt and took off his shirt. Suddenly, Chanyeol suddenly grabbed her wrist and pull her to him. Their face was only about one finger apart and Se Ah blushed from the close proximity. “Mother, please don’t go…” Chanyeol groaned repeatedly. Se Ah looked at Chanyeol with pity in her eyes. She had heard from the Head Housekeeper that Chanyeol had lost his mother at the young age of 7. At such a young age, he must have needed his mum the most. Se Ah thought. She went to sit beside Chanyeol and hugged him, comforting him by humming a soft tune and repeatedly wiping off his sweat. Just like that, the night passes.

The next morning, Chanyeol woke up with a slight headache and felt someone beside him. His eyes slightly widened at the sight of Se Ah sleeping beside him, snuggling to him. He look at himself and saw himself topless. All he remember was that yesterday, he had a headache while working and unconsciously, he fell asleep. I must have been sick yesterday. Was she the one who took care of me yesterday? Chanyeol thought.  He observe Se Ah closely. She isn’t that bad looking… Chanyeol thoughts was disrupted when he felt Se Ah move a little. Immediately, he pretended that he is still asleep. Not long after, He heard a gasp and felt a hand on his forehead, then a relieved sigh and then he felt her move down from the bed and heard the sound of the room door closing. He slowly opened his eyes and his stare lingered on the closed door. Outside the door, Se Ah was slapping herself mentally in her head. How could she fall asleep on the bed, and some more beside Chanyeol! Luckily he is still asleep. Se Ah thought.

After a few more days, nothing changes. Se Ah was back to serving Chanyeol all day long. “Im so tired!!!” Se Ah yawned and sat down on one of the bench at the royal garden during one of her precious break. “Se Ah!!!!” Areum shouted and waved at Se Ah. Se Ah, fighting back sleep, walked towards Areum and asked “What are you doing here? When did you learn how to ride a horse? “Areum get down from her horse and replied. “Well these few days, you were so busy with your stuffs that I have to entertain myself so I have been spending time at the royal stables.” Se Ah looked at the horses with a hint of anticipation and look towards Areum. “Se Ah, no, it’s too dangerous.” Areum warned but Se Ah was stubborn. She keep begging Areum and finally Areum gave in. Soon, Se Ah hopped on to a horse with the aid of a stableman and waited for Areum to get on her horse. Se Ah had no idea how to ride a horse but she felt safe because there was a stableman beside her. Areum was blabbering about how she met an extremely rude guy in the general market when Se Ah’s horse suddenly starts to act up and Se Ah was thrown off the horse. Unable to react in time, Se Ah closed her eyes and waited for the pain but all she felt was the hard surface of a chest. Opening her eyes, Se Ah was shocked to see a blonde-haired guy lying under her. Se Ah immediately get up from the person and asked “Who are you?” The guy retaliate back “Who the hell are you?” Se Ah was shocked to see the guy seething with anger. The guy gritted out “Who the hell let such a girl like her sit on my horse.” One of the stableman stepped up and admit that it was him. “Throw him into prison.” The guy ordered and Se Ah immediately shouted “Stop, It was my fault, not his fault. I was the one who insisted on getting on this horse.” “Well then throw her and him into the prison.” The guy said and walked off. Areum, who had rushed down from her horse to Se Ah’s side, exclaimed “It was you, the extremely rude guy that I met in the market.” ‘Great, another idiot. When did the palace let beggars loiter in the palace?” The guy commented. Areum was about to scold back when Chanyeol’s voice was heard “That’s enough Sehun, They are guests from the Water Kingdom.” Se Ah looked towards Chanyeol and tried to get up, but instead, she dropped down with a yelp. “Se Ah, are you okay?” Areum rushed back to Se Ah side and inspect her ankle. ‘You sprained your ankle, I think its best that you go inside and have a doctor to check on your ankle.” Upon hearing this, Chanyeol ordered some of the guards behind him to send Se Ah back to her room.

After Se Ah left, Sehun was the first one to speak. “You know how much I hate people from the Water Kingdom.” Chanyeol sighed and said ‘It wasn’t my decision, it was the king’s decision.” Sehun frowned and walk back to inspect the horse for any injuries. “At least, let them know that no one can touch my stuffs.” Sehun gritted out and calm the horse down. The doctor checked on Se Ah ankle and confirmed that it was just sprained. Se Ah just had to rest for 1-2 week. Se Ah thanked the doctor and lied down on the bed. Areum who was beside her, asked “How are you progressing with the prince, other than being his maid?” “Nothing?” Se Ah replied and shrugged. There was a knock on the door and Se Ah was shocked to see Chanyeol coming in. ‘what’s wrong?” Se Ah asked. Chanyeol awkwardly rubbed his neck and said “You can rest until your leg is healed. You do not need to serve me until then.” Then he hurriedly walk out of the room. Areum immediately squealed when the door closes, “DID YOU SEE THAT?!?!?” Se Ah replied confused, “See what?” “He likes youuuuuu!” Areum emphasize on the three words. “What a joke, impossible, he is just being nice for once, maybe today is some special occasion.” Se Ah said casually. Areum began teasing Se Ah and Se Ah just ignore Areum. Chanyeol, who was standing outside the door whole time, heard the whole conversation and he can’t help but smile abit.

After a week, Se Ah entered Chanyeol room with his coffee. ‘What are you doing?” Chanyeol asked seriously. “Bringing you coffee?” Se Ah answered. “Didn’t I tell you to rest until your leg is healed?” Chanyeol asked and Se Ah answered ‘I have been lying on my bed for the past week and I am damn bored. Don’t worry, look at me, I am totally fine!” Se Ah shook her injured leg and look back at Chanyeol innocently. Chanyeol sighed and walk towards Se Ah with the stare of a predator. “Don’t come closer!” Se Ah said and put out her hands to block Chanyeol from coming closer. However, Chanyeol simply stop in front of her and bent down. Then Se Ah felt her body lifted from the ground and she look up to see Chanyeol carrying her. He began walking towards their room. ‘Chanyeol, what are you doing! Put me down! People are staring!” Se Ah said embarrassed and struggle to get down. “Move again and I will kiss you!” Chanyeol stopped to stare at Se Ah. Se Ah immediately became as rigid as a statue. ‘Good girl.” Chanyeol praised and continue walking. He let Se Ah down gently on the bed and sat beside her. “I want you to rest on this bed, no moving. Next week, we have to attend our engagement party and I don’t want my bride to be limping.” Chanyeol stood up and left the room. Engagement party… Am I ready for it…? Se Ah thought.

The night before the engagement party, Se Ah leg had healed completely and was sleeping on the bed. Ever since her leg got hurt, Chanyeol had let her sleep on the bed and he himself slept on the ground. “Chanyeol.” Se Ah whispered. ‘Do you want to sleep on the bed? My leg is healed and I can sleep on the ground now.” Hearing no reply, Se Ah leaned down to check if Chanyeol is already asleep. Leaning further and further, Se Ah accidentally lost her balance and fell. ‘Ahhh!” Se Ah yelp in surprise and fell onto Chanyeol. In the end, when Se Ah opened her eyes, she was shocked to see that her lips was on Chanyeol’s lips. Chanyeol was also wide awake now and the both of them were too shocked to react. Suddenly, there was a knock from the door and Se Ah was brought back to reality. Se Ah immediately get up and went to sit on her bed whereas Chanyeol still lied on the spot, shocked. “Come in.” Se Ah shyly said and look away, hiding her blushing cheeks. Sehun walked in and said ‘Chanyeol, can I talk to you for a while?” Chanyeol got back his senses and left the room. Se Ah was left alone in the room and she began to think back about the kiss just now. Her heart was still pumping very fast, with no intention of slowing down. Her hand slowly move to her lips and slightly caressed her own lips, the feeling of Chanyeol’s lips on her still tingling. At the same moment, Chanyeol was also in the study, caressing his own lips. “Chanyeol, Chanyeol! Are you listening?” Sehun asked. “Sorry, what did you say?” Chanyeol asked absent minded. ‘I said that they will most likely make a move tomorrow.” Sehun repeated and Chanyeol immediately become solemn.

 

Author"s Note:

Well, this is their first "Kiss". Hope you guys like it! Have a good day ahead!!!