ELEMENT 4

ELEMENTS: The Princess

CHAPTER 4:

“How do I look?’ Se Ah asked Areum.

“Wow! Se Ah, you look extremely beautiful!” Areum smiled and said. Se Ah looked at herself in the mirror and smiled. Back in her world, she never had a chance to wear something like this. “Thank you! Areum, are you sure you are not going?” ‘Yes I am sure. This party is too extravagant for a commoner like me and besides, I am way too ugly for this kind of party.” Areum said. “Areum, do not ever say that. You may have a big red patch on your face but what matters is your inside, not your outside. No matter what other people say, you will always be my best friend.” Se Ah said sincerely. “I know that. Anyways, your prince charming is here.” Areum said and look towards the door. Se Ah gulped and looked towards the door. She had no idea why she was so nervous in front of Chanyeol, maybe it was the kiss but when she saw the smile on Chanyeol’s face, her world literally stopped. Chanyeol put out his hand and say “Let’s go, gorgeous.” Se Ah shyly put her hands into his and hold on to it. The door to the Grand Hall open. Instantly, everyone’s attention was on them. While greeting guests, Se Ah’s arm was hooked around Chanyeol’s the whole time and the butterflies in her stomach distract her from concentrating. After a while, Se Ah could see a few familiar faces. Her family was here. Chanyeol and Se Ah walk towards her family and greeted one another. ‘Sister, how are you. You seem to slim down a lot. I told you to take good care of my sister you bastard.” Ji Yong scolded Chanyeol. Se Ah smiled and said “It was not his fault, I just missed the food in our kingdom too much. Where is Dara?” “It is not yet convenient for her to come to Fire kingdom.” Ji Yong replied. Suddenly, Chanyeol felt an ominous presence and he could see a shadow sped past from the corner of Chanyeol’s eyes, he quickly excused himself from the conversation. Se Ah looked at Chanyeol’s departure and felt the feeling of disappointment. Was it because Dara’s name was mentioned thats why he left?… Se Ah thought. Chanyeol walk over to where Sehun was standing. “You feel that Sehun?” Chanyeol asked. “Let’s go outside and settle it.” Sehun said and the both of them head out.

“Leave or die.” Chanyeol said as he and Sehun are back to back. “There are at least 20 of them.” Sehun mumbled and Chanyeol nodded. Suddenly, there was a movement at one of the bushes and Chanyeol immediately fired a fire ball at the bush. A shriek could be heard and there was a smell of burnt meat. Immediately, a huge number of people jumped out of their hiding spots and attack Chanyeol and Sehun all at once. Sehun’s hands immediately form the shape of a gun and bullets of fire were fired from his hands. Every bullet hit its target and burnt their victims. Suddenly, a scream could be heard from the grand hall and Sehun muttered “Go, I will take care of these minions.” .Chanyeol immediately rushed to the grand hall.

In the grand hall, lightning suddenly strike in the middle of the room and the guest began to scream and run away. Se Ah frantically look for Chanyeol but he was nowhere to be found. Soon, the room was left with a few people, the king of Fire Kingdom, Se Ah and her family. A man appeared and starts to laugh. “How convenient, princess, here you are.” The man said, pointed at her and laughed. “Time for you to go with me, princess.” The man headed towards Se Ah In the speed of light. Just then, Se Ah was pulled away by someone and she immediately recognise the touch. “Chanyeol.” Se Ah breathe out. “Are you okay?” Chanyeol asked with concern. ‘Yes I am….” Chanyeol pushed Se Ah out of the way without her completing the sentence and she look up to see Chanyeol and the lighting guy fighting against each other. Chanyeol ducked and elbowed the guy in the stomach. The guy faltered back a few steps but immediately lunge forward and punched Chanyeol in the face. After a while of sparring, Chanyeol and the guy stepped back and Chanyeol swiftly wipe the blood away from his mouth. ‘It seems like you and I am on par today.” The guy smirked and said. “The match isn’t over.” Chanyeol growled. “Well, too bad for you then because I am busy right now.” With that, the guy formed a lighting ball from his palms and shoot it towards Se Ah. Se Ah who was focused on Chanyeol, not knowing that the lighting ball was heading towards her, was too slow to react. Se Ah looked at the worried faces of her family and she know that she would not be able to evade this attack. Chanyeol, who knew that he would be not able to reach Se Ah in time, ran forward full speed, with fire as his engine at the hind of his feet, and shoot himself forward. Se Ah was knocked down to the ground while being hugged by Chanyeol. “Chanyeol! Chanyeol! Are you okay?” Se Ah asked and felt something sticky on her hand. She looked at her own hands and saw blood all over. There was a hole on his chest and he was bleeding profusely. He must have used his body to shield me against the attack. Se Ah thought. ‘Stupid! Why did you do that?” Se Ah shouted and wept. “What matters is that you are okay.” Chanyeol barely whispered and fainted. “Chanyeol! Chanyeol!” At this moment, Sehun appeared and said “Let’s carry him to his room first.”

Se Ah sat outside as she wait for Chanyeol’s treatment to end, her dress stained with Chanyeol's blood. The doctors had been inside for two hours and still, no results. Her family had already returned back to their kingdom and Se Ah was sitting outside the room alone, scared and worried. “Here, drink this.” Sehun abruptly appear beside her and handed her a glass of water. “Thanks.” Se Ah mumbled and took a sip. ‘Do you think he will be alright?” Se Ah asked. “Who knows?” Sehun said and sat beside Se Ah. “How can you be so calm about this?” Se Ah asked and looked towards Sehun. “Well, I have been through situations worse than this so it doesn’t matter to me anymore.” Se Ah kept quiet and wept silent tears. “If I were you, I would put more trust in Chanyeol. There’s no way he will die just like that. It’s too easy for a bastard like him.” Sehun said, stood up and left. Strangely, even though what Sehun said was not very nice to hear but she could feel the strong bond between the brothers and oddly, she was comforted by his words. When dawn cracked, the doctors finally came out of the room and Se Ah immediately stood up ‘How is he doctor?” Se Ah asked worriedly. “His wound was very grave. Luckily, it missed his heart. It would have been fatal if the attack was made more to the left by 2cm. He will need plenty of rest and his emotions must always be calm. His wound dressing will need to be changed twice every day as well.” After hearing all the required information, Se Ah thanked the doctor and went in to take a look at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol look so weak, lying there, with bandages wrapped around his chest. Se Ah took a seat beside the bed and tears flowed out of her eyes. What if he had die? What if he didn’t survive this attack and it was all because he saved me? Se Ah thought. Suddenly, one hand came up to wipe off her tears. “Chanyeol…” Se Ah softly said and tears once again flow down her face profusely. “It’s okay, cry-baby. Stop crying. I’m still alive, aren’t I?” Chanyeol grimaced from the pain of talking but he still continue to comfort her. “But, you are hurt because of me.” Se Ah managed to choke out and continued crying. “Why are you so cute...?” Chanyeol gently patted her head and whispered. Se Ah who was too absorbed in crying, failed to realise the loving gaze Chanyeol had gave her.

The next day, Se Ah came into the room with some new bandages and filled up a basin of warm water. She softly wake Chanyeol up and slowly bring him to the bathroom. “Because your wound cannot touch water, so I will help you wash your water then help you clean your body using a wet cloth later.” Se Ah explained and carefully let Chanyeol sit on a chair. She was rubbing shampoo on Chanyeol’s head when Chanyeol turned around to face her. “What….tt” Se Ah stuttered and blushed. “Nothing, continue.” Chanyeol said and stared at Se Ah. “Turn back, it’s embarrassing.” Se Ah said and forcefully turn him back. “Ahhh!” Chanyeol groaned in pain and Se Ah quickly apologised. “Violent woman.” Chanyeol mumbled and faced the front. Se Ah heaved a sigh of relief and continued to help Chanyeol wash his hair. Next, Se Ah dipped the wet cloth into warm water and help Chanyeol wipe his body clean. First, she had to help Chanyeol take off his shirt because there was no other way to do it. Chanyeol continued to stare intensely and Se Ah gulped in embarrassment. Her hands shake due to her being nervous. However, Chanyeol looked like he was having a lot of fun. After taking off his shirt, Se Ah diligently help him to clean his body and change his bandage. Her eyes lingered to his belt and she contemplate whether she should help him clean his lower part of the body as well. “Like what you see?” Se Ah look up to see Chanyeol staring at her. “NO!” Se Ah shouted and got up from her seat, her face already red with embarrassment. Chanyeol used one hand to grab Se Ah on the wrist, pulling her down whereas the other hand was on his zipper. ‘Well, we are going to be married soon, so why not inspect the goods.” Chanyeol smirked and said. “AHHHH!!!!” Se Ah flee the room at the speed of light. Standing outside the door, Se Ah put her hand on her burning face and tried to calm down. Just what is this feeling that she is feeling. Se Ah thought.

Over the next 2 weeks, Se Ah was the one who took care of Chanyeol and change his bandages. One day as usual, Se Ah was helping Chanyeol to change his bandage when the King came inside the room. ‘Your majesty.” Se Ah bowed politely whereas Chanyeol just ignore his presence. Se Ah slightly nudged Chanyeol but Chanyeol just ignore her. “I came to check on you.” The King said. ‘Are you serious? After 2 weeks?” Chanyeol snorted. “Chanyeol…” The king started but Chanyeol stopped him. “Stop just stop. What’s with the sudden concern? You were never there when I need you so why did you appear now. Please get out!” Chanyeol suppressed his anger and gritted out. “Chanyeol ah…” “GET OUT! Chanyeol shouted and the kind sighed in defeat and did what Chanyeol said. “Chanyeol, I think you are too mean to your father…” Se Ah said with concern and look towards Chanyeol. “Shut up.” Chanyeol coldly said and looked at Se Ah angrily. This was the first time Chanyeol had actually got angry with Se Ah. He may get pissed or annoyed but he was never angry at Se Ah. ‘Chanyeol, actually your father…” “What do you know!” Chanyeol interrupted her. “What do you know about me? Don’t think that because I talk to you nicely means that you can meddle in my stuffs. Know your place!” Chanyeol shouted in a fit of anger. Upon hearing this, Se Ah could feel her own heart cracking into several pieces. Hurt by Chanyeol’s words, Se Ah softly said “For a few moments, I thought we were at least friends but it seems like I am nothing to you. I was the only being happy about our relationship getting better. You always push people away whenever they care about. Stop being a selfish bastard and grow up!” Se Ah replied and she tried to keep her tears from falling. Looking at Se Ah’s face, a pang of guilt immediately hit him. Chanyeol reach out his hands and said ‘Se Ah, I’m…” Se Ah interrupted him. He wanted to hug Se Ah tightly and apologise repeatedly to her until she feels okay again but Se Ah quickly dashed out of the room and went to her usual spot, which was the bench at the royal garden.

Her tears starts to flow out and her hand went to her aching heart. Why am I so hurt by his words? Se Ah thought. He had always hated me and I knew it so why am I so affected by his words. Sitting there, Se Ah cried for who knows how long.

After one or two hours, Se Ah finally calmed down and she stared at the evening sky. Suddenly, she felt someone sit down beside her and she looked beside her. It was the king himself. “Your majesty” Se Ah gasp in shock and the king lightly shook his head and said “The sky sure is beautiful isn’t it. I remembered on the day that Chanyeol was born, the sky is also as beautiful as this.” The king sighed and sadly look at the evening sky. “May I ask what happen between you and Chanyeol?” Se Ah bravely asked. “Well, I would have to say that it was my fault. In my life, there was only one woman that I loved, a woman who was not of royalty. I met her when I was on an excursion. I was attacked by bandits and fell off the cliff. She was the one who saved me and nursed me back to health. We fell in love and eventually decided to get married. However, my family did not approve of our marriage. There was a woman that was arranged by my family to marry me. She knew of my situation and promised me that if I marry her, she will allow me and the woman I love to be together secretly. And I naively believed her. Chanyeol was born two years after our marriage and Sehun four years later. I was living in bliss and loved the three of them like my own life. However, one day, I came home from an excursion to find out that the woman I loved was poisoned to death. I was furious and heartbroken. I madly searched for the culprit and eventually found out that it was the woman that I was married to poison my son’s mother. I was furious and confronted her. That was when I knew the woman was jealous of me and my son’s mother because she had fell in love with me. Day by day, I was too heartbroken to care about anything else, including my sons, one 3 years old and one who had just turned 1 year old. Because they were too young, they acknowledge the woman as their mother and forgotten about their true mother. I was too grieved to care about my sons and slowly our relationship worsen. Then one day, when Chanyeol was 7 years old, he came running to me and told me that his mother was dying. Of course, why would I visit the woman who killed the woman I loved? So, I rejected Chanyeol coldly and from that day onwards, he didn’t talk to me anymore.” “Wow….that’s very complicated...” Se Ah breathe out and tried to take in everything that the king had just said. “I know that our relationship cannot be saved anymore, but I just want to have a proper talk with my son and be a father.” The king and sighed. The wrinkles were deeply etched on his face, showing the hardships that he had gone through and Se Ah knew that it was up to her to help this pair of son and father reunite again.

 

Author's Note:

Thank you for all the support and enjoy reading!!! Till Next time :D