ELEMENT 1

ELEMENTS: The Princess

CHAPTER 1:

“Im off to school!” Kwon Se Ah left her house while biting on a piece of bread. She put on her earpiece and walk towards the bus stop. Life was just boring as always. Every day, the routine is repeating. Wakeup, go school, eat sleep. Life was damn boring. People of her age may be contented with finding a boyfriend but Se Ah was looking for something fun to do, something exciting, something to make her life more interesting. Se Ah board the bus and tapped her card. Not surprised to see that the bus is mostly filled by students, she looked around for an empty seat and saw one at the back. She walk up to the seat and sat down. Immediately, everyone gave her weird stares, as if her sitting on the seat is a crime. Se Ah simply ignore the stares and look out of the glass window. At the next stop, a few rowdy students board the bus. Se Ah felt a tap to her shoulder and she looked to the person. It was a handsome boy with dark hair and big clear eyes. They wore the same uniform. “Excuse me, you are sitting on my seat!” The guy spoke, with a hint of irritation in his voice. Se Ah was about to retaliate when she heard one of the guys say “Chanyeol ah, it’s okay, I have an empty seat beside me. Come sit beside me.” The Chanyeol guy just walk towards the guy, sat on the seat and closed his eyes. Se Ah first alight the bus and walk towards the gate. Immediately, a group of girls rushed towards her. Se ah quickly ducked down and protect her face. She look at where the girls is crowded at and realised they were all crowded around the group of guys who have just alighted the bus. “EXO oppas!!!” the girls chanted. Ahhhhh so they are our school Kingkas, Se Ah thought. She hear the school bell went off and quickly rushed for class.

“This weekend, the whole year 2s will be going to Busan for a school trip. It’s a 2 day 1 night trip so a simple change of clothes would be fine.” The teacher in charge said to the class. Se Ah look out of the window and stared at the sky. Quickly, Saturday came and Se Ah alighted the school bus while looking at her surroundings. Few hours later, Se Ah had no idea how many times she had already yawn because of the boring school trip. They went from museums to temples, all sorts of boring stuffs. Finally, when evening falls, they were able to go back to their rooms and spent the rest of the day on their own. All the students were excited and quickly went out with their friends whereas Se Ah just stayed in her room. After washing up and playing her phone for a while, Se Ah decided to take a walk nearby. She put on a hoodie and went to wait for the lift. Unexpectedly, someone was in the lift and that person was none other than Chanyeol. Hesitating whether or not to get on the lift, Chanyeol said in a displeased tone “Not getting in?” Se Ah contemplate for a while and decided that she did nothing wrong so she just took the lift. Because they are at the 45th floor of the hotel, so therefore there was an awkward silence between them. Deciding to break the awkward silence, Se Ah asked “Are you going somewhere?” Chanyeol simply looked at her. Thinking that he would be ignoring him, Se Ah wanted to ask Chanyeol to not answer if he do not want to when Chanyeol answered “convenience store, you?” surprised that Chanyeol is answering her, Se Ah stuttered and answered “err me too.”

Along the way, Se Ah silently scold herself in the head, why did she say she was going to the convenience store as well. It’s so awkward right now. She peeked at Chanyeol to see him leisurely walking. Not long after, they arrived at the convenience store and Se Ah quickly bought a Choco bar and went out to wait for Chanyeol. At the corner of the alley, she saw an elderly woman sitting. Out of concern, she walk towards the old woman and ask her if she is okay. After learning that the old woman had been kicked out of her apartment for days because she was too poor to give rent, Se Ah handed the old woman her Choco bar. “Thank you, young lady. Such kindness is rare in this society now.” Se Ah simply smiled and stood up when the old woman grabbed her wrist and stopped her. The old lady pulled Se Ah down and gave her a bracelet.

“Old lady, you don’t have to give me this.” Se Ah politely refused and give the old woman the bracelet back. The old woman pushed the bracelet back into Se Ah’s hands and said “This bracelet is not a normal bracelet, it will give you a new journey and then, you will be able to fulfil your destiny.” “Huh? What journey?” Just then Se Ah heard Chanyeol called for her and she quickly turn towards Chanyeol and signal him to wait. She look back and realise the old woman was gone. Filled with curiosity, Se Ah went back to Chanyeol and explain the whole situation to him. “Hmm, the old woman was indeed weird.” When they reach the hotel, the both of them said their byes and went back to their own room. The next day, it was time to go back to Seoul. Se Ah board the bus and dozed off. Yesterday, she was too filled with curiosity to fall asleep so she was extremely tired. Halfway through the journey, Se Ah accidentally slept on someone’s shoulder. She immediately apologise to the person and saw Chanyeol beside her. “Omg, why are you here?” Se Ah quickly straightened herself and asked. “I would like to ask you a question.” Chanyeol started and Se Ah gave him a nod to continue. “Are you free next Sunday? There’s a movie that I want to watch.” Se Ah gaped and look at Chanyeol. Is he asking me out on a date? Se Ah thought. Se Ah convinced herself that it was just a simple friend meeting so she agreed.

When next Sunday arrived, Se Ah excitedly chose her clothing and did a light makeup. Her eyes linger on the bracelet at the desk. A New journey… After thinking, Se Ah wore the bracelet and went to meet Chanyeol. When she stepped out of her house, she heard a cry of help and quickly, she ran towards the direction. Ran and ran, she found herself at the mountain behind her house. She quickly looked around and scrutinized her surrounding and everything became to appear creepy to her. She looked at her watch and yelp in surprise. It was already 12pm. She was already 30 minutes late for her date. She start to run back but she accidentally lost her footing and fell. But it wasn’t a normal fall. It was a very long fall and Se Ah soon lost her consciousness. When she wake up again, she find herself lying on a bed. She looked at her surroundings. Everything look so extravagant.

“Princess, you are awake!” Someone suddenly shouted. “Quickly inform the crown prince!” the lady shouted to one of the servants outside the door. Soon, a very handsome and beautiful woman enter the room. “Se Ah!!! Are you alright? Are you feeling fine?” Se Ah was bombarded by questions and she quickly moved to the corner and asked ‘Who are you guys? Where am I?” Se Ah screamed and put out her hands to fend herself. “What? You don’t remember us?” The handsome male exclaimed and quickly ask the servants to summon a doctor. When the doctor arrived, he did a check up on Se Ah and quickly reported to the prince “It appears that the princess had hurt her brain during the fall and currently has amnesia. It could be a short term or long term amnesia, she could remember some of you or none of you at all. What’s best for the princess now is for her to rest plenty and try to let people who are close to her to company her.” The doctor explained and left.

“Se Ah, do you remember me? I am Kwon Ji Yong, your brother, the crown prince of this country. This lady beside me is my fiancée, Dara and you are the princess of this country, Kwon Se Ah. Our parents are currently not in the country so they do not know about your condition.” Se Ah was anxious and worried. She had no idea that this Kwon Ji Yong guy was talking about. Maybe it’s just a bad dream. Se Ah thought. She quickly lied down on her bed and closed her eyes. “Se Ah...” Kwon Ji Yong continued, wanting to explain more but Dara stopped him. “Enough, I think it’s time for her to rest. After falling from the cliff, it was already a miracle that she is still alive. We have more time to talk to her, right now, let’s just let her rest.” Ji Yong nodded and went out together with Dara. Se Ah immediately opened her eyes. It was not a dream. She was indeed in this world. Where is she? Another country? She was lonely and scared but sleep was a temptation that she could not resist.This body must have need it after the fall from the cliff. Soon, Se Ah fell asleep. Around morning, someone was shaking her shoulder. She looked up to see a girl around her age staring down at her. “AHHHHH! Who are you!!!?” “Princess, you don’t remember me?” The girl looked at her and frowned. “Who are you?” Se Ah repeated and the girl immediately sighed. “When your brother sent a letter for me to come see you, saying that you had amnesia and can’t remember a single thing. I shouldn’t have high hopes and think you would at least remember your best friend.” The girl sighed and said. “You are my best friend?” “Yes I am, I am Song Areum, your best friend ever since you were 7 years old.” ‘That’s long…” Se Ah softly said. She never had a real friend back in her own world. ‘Ah!” Se Ah suddenly remembered the bracelet and the old woman’s words. A new journey…could this be what she was talking about? Se Ah thought. “Why are you so lost in your own thoughts?” Areum said. “Anyways, your brother and your sister in law is waiting for you. You should go change, come follow me and I will help you.” If I can’t escape, I should at least find a way to survive first. Se Ah thought and followed Areum.

“Wow, this dress is pretty but do I really need to wear until so formal?” Se Ah look down at the pink chiffon dress that she is wearing. It ended at her knees, giving her a feel of elegance.

“Let’s hurry!” Areum grabbed Se Ah and ran out. “Se Ah, you have come. How are you feeling?” Ji Yong asked and signalled for Se Ah and Areum to sit down opposite of him and Dara. After dining together, Se Ah sat back contentedly on her bed and thought back to the breakfast just now. So far, her knowledge of this world is that it is almost the same as her own world except that there no technology and in this world, kings, queens, princes and princesses still exist. This world seems okay… At least I did not travelled to the past like those TV dramas Se Ah thought. The next morning, Se Ah was spending time in the garden, relaxing when she receive news that the King and Queen had arrived. Se Ah couldn’t wait to see how her “parents” looked like. ‘Se Ah!!!” The King and Queen quickly rushed and hugged Se Ah when they saw her walking in. “Hi Mum, Hi Dad!” Se Ah shyly said and the King and Queen hugged her even tighter. “Mother, father, how was your journey?” Ji Yong spoke up and the mood immediately became even more solemn. “We should talk at the back. Dara, can you bring Se Ah back to her room to rest? We will be there shortly.” ‘Yes, King.” Dara said and the king smiled little. “Why aren’t you calling me father?” Dara shyly smiled and responded “yes father.”

“Dara, do you know what my father and my brother is talking about?” Dara replied “Well, as you see, before I became your brother’s fiancée, I was a girl from another kingdom so the kingdom wants me back now. Your father and mother went to negotiate but judging from the tone of your father, it appears that the negotiation must have not gone well.” Knowing that she would not be able to probe any further, Se Ah just nodded and continued walking. At night, Se Ah couldn’t sleep so she sneaked out of her room and walk out when she heard quarrelling from a room, she peeked in to see her brother and Dara quarrelling.

“Please listen to me and think about it rationally.” Dara pleaded while Ji Yong just angrily shout back. “No I will not! What do you mean by sending you back? Don’t you realise that if you go back to that damned kingdom, you would die?”

“If I die, then it is my punishment, I did break the law knowing the consequences.” Dara said with a determined look. Ji Yong quickly grab Dara by the shoulders and said “Do not give me that look! You do not deserved to die. Didn’t you promise to love me forever and stay beside me forever!?!?”

“Then what can I do? The kingdom wants your sister to marry Chanyeol and you and I both know that your sister will not be happy, stuck in a marriage with him…Please, this is the only way….” Dara said and turn around, a tear slipping from her eyes. Ji Yong turn Dara to face him and wipe off her tears. He pull Dara in for a hug and sadly said “I want you to believe in me. I will find a way to not lose you and my sister. Please, just no matter what, make sure you don’t give up on us.”

Looking at this scene, Se Ah was touched to the point of tears and she quickly and silently went back to her room. It seems like this problem can only be solved by her.

 

Author's Note:

Well, this is the first chapter! Hope you guys liked it and feel free to comment :D