Chapter 1

Betrayed by heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    It’s already a week since she parted ways with her homeland. She did it in order to protect their kingdom. She offered herself for everyone to be satisfied. Luna did.

    Luna is considered a princess of her kingdom for these soldiers. Soldiers of China. They think that this girl is princess Lettisía because these two girls look so incredibly alike. They look almost the same. When it comes to look, any person can easily mistake them. And this is exactly the reason why Luna offered herself to be the princess. The upcoming wife of an Emperor of China’s land.

The Emperor was interested in European princess for the fact that she is somewhat different from Chinese girls.Even though, he can’t tell the difference, he has made a deal with the Portuguese king. The kind had to give out his only daughter in order to get a little part of Chinese land to keep the business going. Of course, the king didn’t want to lose his daughter and her becoming a wife of the Emperor, on top of that. The man, he has never seen before. In this case, a girl from a rich family, similar to the princess, was an easy target to use… And so the king sent her with these soldiers. He even brought her to the dock and made a scene that his only daughter is leaving him. He has only stopped when Luna was already on the ship.

 

At the moment, the only problem is that Luna can’t speak Chinese or any other Asian languages. There is one translator, who is teaching her the language which isn’t easy at all. She has been learning for a whole week, never stopping her efforts. The girl can understand a bit but once someone starts talking to her, it’s confusing. Luna is always trying to understand the words, then she loses the meaning of the sentence, however. It’s all too difficult for her to learn in this short period of time, but she isn’t giving up. She wants to do really well if she is to marry the Emperor.

Luna comes back from the deck to her room and sits on the bed, completely worn out. Today she managed to talk to few people. The girl is learning fast but sometimes she just can’t understand. To her, it seems like her brain is protesting… Her body falls into convers. That’s why she is lying here with terrible headache. It’s all because of her brain!

She is thinking about her situation when someone knocks on the door. Luna looks at the direction and sighs.

“Come in.” one of the simplest sentences, she has learnt at the beginning. A tall man comes in. Luna sits straight on the bed, according to the good manners as the princess should have. The girl feels ready bad to people on this ship since she to lie to them but this all is for her home, her family and friends.

“Princess Lettisía, it’s time for our another class.” Siwon, the translator and her teacher, announces. Luna sighs softly. It seems like no one will ever call her by her real name. Luna. Meaning ‘the full moon’.

“Is there something wrong?” Siwon asks walking more into the room. He noticed her sighing which makes him more alert. Is he a bad teacher? Is she not satisfied with him teaching her? She wants to replace him? Of course, these questions would be running in his head. He doesn’t know what is going on in the girl’s head. She always looks in thought.

    The girl, young lady, offers him one of her smiles. This one looks weak, though. ‘Is she sick?’ runs in his head but this question is soon answered.

“I just have a small headache.” Luna explains to him. Siwon nods his head. ‘Seems like her Chinese is improving.’ He notes to himself, walking to the door.

“We will skip the lesson today. Please, rest.” before he leaves the room, he bows. The lady finds it very interesting. Asian people are bowing to her as if she was a royal. Right now, it’s not that far from true, though. She keeps forgetting this fact. There are times when she feels like she could be her real safe but then a reminder pops out in her head. She is the princess right now. But the bowing.. Luna isn’t used to it, being just a girl from rich family…

    Luna lays back on the bed, thinking about her decision. She doesn’t regret it. Not at all. As much as she knows, she won’t be able to see her family ever again, the curiosity for knowing more about other lands is strong. The girl loves her family but sometimes it seemed like her family members didn’t even know about her existence. ‘How are they acting now when I left?’ she wonders to herself. Soon, the ‘princess’ finds herself falling asleep.

    The next time she wakes up, it’s already night. She looks around the room with rich furniture assets. There is a big couch against the wooden wall. In the middle of the room is a table with six chairs. There are few large closets with different patterns. But to this room dominates this huge bed, she is lying on. Four people could eventually fit on. She is the only one using it, however. There’s no way someone would use it with her… The decorating for this room is really beautiful. Anyone would recognize it as a room for an important person. Anyone would want to use it… Even her dresses are really beautiful. Those closets are full of them. It almost seems like she is prohibited to wear the same dress twice…

    Luna gets off the bed and walks to the dressing table, sitting on the chair. She runs her fingers through her long brown hair, looking in the mirror. Being a ‘princess’, she wants to look her best at all times. Her appearance is one thing, though.

    Sometimes it’s really hard for her to behave like the king’s daughter. It’s not just about manners as pri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter