His birthday gift

Fated Bonus Chapters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye Kyo wakes up to the sunlight streaming from their bedroom window. It’s a bright sunny morning and she smiles thinking about what day today is. Already feeling happy and excited of what’s to come today, she turns towards the sleeping figure beside her with his body facing hers and his arm draped over her waist.

She lovingly watches the beautiful being who she is lucky to call her husband as his chest slowly rises and falls in an even rhythm. He looks so peaceful and cute with his eyes still closed while his mouth is slightly open, which are clear indications that he is still lost in dreamland. He must’ve been really tired. He has been working really hard these days and she pitied him on nights when he can barely keep himself awake enough to change his clothes before going to bed. She understands, though. She knows how much work one must put in when he is geared towards becoming the next CEO of a big company. She had been there once and she knows that it’s no joke that’s why she truly appreciates how much Joong Ki is working hard for their future.

Even more, she appreciates him still looking after her and trying his best to become a good husband even though he barely has time to look after himself. Ever since their fight a few weeks ago, their relationship has returned to normal. It even has become better with them being sweeter and more open to one another. Joong Ki tried harder despite his busy schedule while Hye Kyo, being the understanding wife that she is, tried her best to become more appreciative of all the effort Joong Ki is putting in and tried to help lighten things up for him. With him being busy like this, she has become more attentive to his needs, taking care of him more through sending him food on work days to make sure that he eats on time, listening to him as he tells her about his hectic day and giving him massages from time to time.

Last night for example, he rushed home after a day filled with meeting appointments and paperwork because Hye Kyo cooked him his favorite meal. With eyes drooping, clearly showing how tired he was, he was even able to offer to clear the table after they had a satisfying meal, but Hye Kyo was quick to brush him off and instructed him to wash up and get ready for bed instead.

After cleaning up, she found him already dozing off on their bed and she shook her head at him while smiling gently. Look at him getting knocked down like this. And to think he even thought he had the energy to wash the dishes.

She then turned off the light and started to lay by his side after freshening up. Feeling his wife near, he inched closer to her like a magnet and pulled her into an embrace.

“I love you,” he mumbled as he sleepily kissed her forehead then nestled his nose in her hair.

“I love you, too,” she said as hugged him tight and they both drifted off to sleep with a smile on their face.

 

Oh what a lucky woman I am. How did I even end up so blessed to have a husband like you? She smiles to herself as she stares at Joong Ki who is slightly snoring, facing her. He looks too adorable at the moment that she couldn’t help but reach out to his face with her hand. He stirs slightly, then sighs contentedly, a small smile forming on his lips as his face leans into to her touch, making her heart swell with love for him. How cute.

She continues staring at him for a while, admiring the face of her good looking husband and smiling as she imagines how cute their kids would be in the future if they manage to inherit their daddy’s looks until their alarm clock goes off and she’s brought back to reality. It’s Friday and though she wants to stay in bed all day with Joong Ki, they have to go to work and have to finish early in time to prepare for tonight’s event to celebrate his birthday together with family, friends, business associates and employees. It will also be the event wherein he will officially be appointed as the Song Chain of Hotel’s new President.

Moreover, she still has to talk to Minji to ask for her help in setting up a little ‘after party’ for Joong Ki later.

He groans and stirs beside her as she reaches out to shut the alarm off. Realizing that Joong Ki has no plans of getting up from the bed yet, she leans in and plants a gentle kiss on his lips, to which he responds with a smile.

“Good morning, sleepyhead,” she says as she looks down on her still sleepy husband. His eyes are still closed yet his lips start to curl into a smile.

“Jagiya, wake up. It’s your birthday today,” she softly says, but he still wouldn’t budge.

She’s about to shake him awake when his lips start to form into a pout, seeming to ask her to kiss them again. Aigoo, here he goes again acting like a baby. She rolls her eyes at his childish ways before leaning in to give him another kiss. It’s always like this every morning with him acting all cute and sweet and her giving into his whims all while melting at how adorable he looks every single time.

She decides to give him a brief kiss but just when she’s about to get up, he holds her back down on the bed with his arms and snuggles closer, burrowing his nose into the crook of her neck, inhaling her. Realizing that breaking away from his embrace would seem impossible at the moment, she wounds her arms around him.

“Aigoo, such a baby,” she says while he tightens his embrace then sighs in content.

They stay like that for a while until Hye Kyo glances at the clock and decides that it’s time to get up.

Joong Ki groans and protests at first, but then loosens the hug to move up and steal another kiss from her.

“Happy birthday, sweetheart,” she says as he starts to open his eyes while hovering over her. He still looks too sleepy and failing in his attempt to shake himself awake, he crashes down on the bed again, taking her with him. It makes her laugh.

“Jagiya, wake up. We have to get ready,” she says and he groans against her neck.

“Jagiya…” she urges him again.

“I want to sleep more,” he groggily says.

“But we have to go to work, and besides, it’s your birthday,” she tries to reason out. He groans again.

“Can’t we just spend my birthday on bed all day?” he asks.

“But there are other people who want to greet you. And we have to make sure things are all complete and prepared for tonight,” she patiently answers.

“I don’t want to. I just want to spend it with you,” he says and he starts to kiss her neck but she stops him, making him complain with a frown and a pout. She laughs softly at his reaction.

“Jagiya…”

“Hmmm?”

“Jagiya, stop..”

“But it’s my birthday. Shouldn’t things go my way today?” he whines as he aims for her lips this time.

“But not this way,” she stops him with her hand. “We have other matters to attend to,” she says as she pushes him away and starts to get up from the bed, leaving him pouting.

“Later, okay? I’ll let you do whatever you want” she says and his eyes brighten up at what he just heard.

“Do you promise?” he asks, trying to make sure.

“Of course,” she says.

“I can do whatever I want?” he asks one more time, excitedly, like a child being promised of his favorite candy and she rolls her eyes at him.

“Yes,” she finally answers and he breaks out into a wide grin, which makes her shake her head at him. What a silly boy. “Now come on, birthday boy. Get up, I’ll prepare breakfast for you,” she says while standing beside the foot of their bed. “I’ll cook your favorite bacon and pancakes,” she adds and his eyes brighten up. He’s suddenly hungry and his wife cooks the best pancakes in town.

“Really?” he asks, starting to sit up from the bed.

“Yup. So, up! Up! Let’s have your birthday breakfast,” she says, urging him to follow her outside the door to the kitchen and he does, but not before grabbing her first for another sweet kiss and she melts against him.

What a good morning, indeed. 

--- 

The party held in one of the grandest hotels owned by SCH is in full swing and everyone is enjoying the night with some enjoying the drinks at the bar while the others scatter around talking to friends and associates in the business industry after the installation of Joong Ki as the new President of the Song Chain of Hotels.

His appointment as the new head of the company is much deserved and everyone’s happy for him including the big names in business who think of him as a very promising businessman, their company’s employees who look up to him and especially his family who love him dearly.

“I’m so proud of you, son. SCH is going to have a bright future with you leading it,” his father says patting him on the back and smiling happily while his mother pulls him into a hug and In Sung beams at him proudly. Hye Kyo, on the other hand, watches contentedly as her husband basks under the love of his family and earns much-deserved praises and congratulatory remarks from the people around him, her hand firmly clasped in his the whole time.

He deserves it. He deserves this moment, she thinks to herself as she watches her father congratulate him.

A few moments later, he finally gets the chance to breathe from all the people trying to talk to him and he leads her to one side of the hall in his attempt to have some alone time with his wife.

“Joong Ki, what are you doing?” she asks as he takes her by the hand and pulls her away from the crowd.

“I’m trying to monopolize you,” he says, grinning at her like he has some sort of scheme planned out.

“What?” she asks with a laugh as he determinedly continues to lead her somewhere. It’s kind of childish, running away from people like this when everyone wants to talk to you, but seeing how excited he looks, she decides to let him. It’s his birthday after all, she should let him do whatever it is that would make him happy. 

She shakes her head all while laughing softly as he tries to hide them in the dark corner, away from the eyes of the many guests who are trying to converse with them but decides it’s no good. She swears, sometimes, he could really act like a kid. He finally finds the door to the balcony and leads her there. When he’s sure that they’re finally hidden, he gives her a mischievous smile.

“Finally,” he says, looking her in the eyes.

“Finally what?” she asks, confused.

“Finally, I get to have you all to myself,” he says as his arms slide around her waist and she rolls her eyes at him.

“Aren’t you going to congratulate me?” he asks and she looks at him blankly.

“What do you mean? I already did…”

“I mean really congratulate me, you know, with a kiss?” he says adorably. Gone is the guy who looks tough when facing his colleagues earlier and standing in front of her is a little boy asking for her love and attention. This makes her smile, but she tries to hide it.

“Aigoo, did you really lead me all the way here for that?” she challenges him and he nods his head at her excitedly in response.

“Aren’t you proud of me?” he asks her.

“I am, but you might get overconfident if I compliment you too much. That’s enough for tonight,” she teases him and he scowls.

“Oh look at us, being stuck at the balcony again,” she laughs, looking around and his frown fades the moment he realizes what she means. At some point, they always end up spending some time at the balcony whenever there’s a party. Come to think of it, the balcony’s where they first met as young adults and it’s also where they found each other again after being separated for a long time.

“I think balconies will always be our thing,” he says, returning his gaze back to her. “It’s where our most memorable moments happen. It’s where some of the best nights of my life took place,” he adds and she gives him a look.

“What? I’m trying to be sweet here,” he says charmingly then closes his eyes and pouts his lips, hoping for a kiss that never comes.

“No,” she simply says, blocking his lips and he opens his eyes, surprised.

“Waeyo?”

“There are people waiting for us,” she says as she breaks free from his embrace.

“But it’s my birthday…” he tries to complain.

“I know, but not now,” she’s unrelenting. “Later,” she adds firmly while maintaining a nonchalant look.

“Can’t we just fast forward it to now?” he gives her a puppy look, which doesn’t give him his expected response.

“No.” She says, turning her back to him, trying so hard not to be affected by his charms. Any minute from now, someone will come looking for them.

“Yeobo…” he tries one more time.

“Not now,” she says as she inches towards the direction of the door, hoping that Joong Ki would follow.

“Come on, Joong Ki. We’re needed at the party,” she says and looks back to her husband who hasn’t moved an inch and is looking so sulky. At the moment, he looks as if he had been forbidden to play outside after his afternoon nap. The sight makes her laugh softly and she walks back to where he’s standing. So much for teasing him, she decides to stop the game she’s playing.

She wraps her arms around his neck and looks him in the eyes, but he tries to avoid her gaze.

“Joong Ki,” she says but he’s still not looking at her.

“Jagiya,” she tries again, but still no response. What a sulky husband I have, she thinks. Alright, time to resort to my best tactic.

“Baby,” she says in a sweet voice. That gets his attention and he’s now looking at her, his ears red and his lips failing terribly to hide a smile. She smirks internally at his response. He likes it and she knows it. “My baby,” she coos again while holding his face in her hands and this time he doesn’t fight off the smile that’s creeping its way to his face.

Aigoo, I’m so easy to please when it comes to her. It’s shameless, he thinks to himself as he stares back lovingly at Hye Kyo. She’s so beautiful and he’s so lucky to have her.

“I’m proud of you. Very very proud of you,” she says and he smiles upon hearing that. “I have never once doubted that you’d get this far. You deserve only the best of everything. You’re the wittiest, most talented, hardworking, and determined man I know, it’s not a surprise that you’re given an opportunity this big at such a young age. I’ve seen you work and I’ve seen how hard you tried to help SCH improve. You’re dedicated to the company and to everything that you put your heart into. And I’m so blessed to have met you, even more so, to have you as my husband and the love of my life,” she says, meaning every word she said. Joong Ki is such a wonderful young man and she wants him to know that.

Both happy and overwhelmed of what he just heard, he looks at her intensely. “I’m luckier that you’re now mine,” he says before he loses control of himself, holds her by the waist and le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter