Little Squabbles

Fated Bonus Chapters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hye Kyo studies her reflection in the mirror, making sure that she looks presentable. She is going out for dinner with Joong Ki tonight at a newly opened fancy restaurant. It’s their fourth month anniversary and they plan on celebrating it. She smiles. Oh how fast time flies. It’s been 4 months already. Four months of being married. Four happy months of being together with the love of her life.

She has been extremely happy in all these months. True to his words, Joong Ki never fails to show her how much he loves her every single day. Even when he’s busy, he still finds time to surprise her and take her out on dates from time to time. Even when he’s tired, he still takes care of her and makes sure that she’s treated like a queen.

This morning, for example, she woke up to a bouquet of fresh white lilies and pink roses and a smiling Joong Ki holding it to greet her a good morning. She sighs, he’s still that sweet, caring and attentive guy she fell in love with and he continues to give her butterflies in her stomach even though they’re already married.

Still smiling at the memory, she gathers her makeup and heads back to her office to finish going over some documents. After about half an hour of signing some files, she is interrupted by a knock on her door.

“Come in,” she says, not looking up from her files, expecting her secretary to come in.

“Have I told you how beautiful you look even when you’re concentrating like that?” a male voice says, surprising her and she looks up to the grinning face of her husband, standing in front of her.

“Joong Ki.. why are you here?” she asks, completely surprised. They weren’t supposed to meet until an hour later.

“Aigoo, so forgetful, Mrs. Song. I’m taking you out for dinner, remember?” he says and seeing her shocked expression, he smirks. She must be surprised to see him fetch her earlier than planned, but he wanted to surprise her, thus, he wrapped things up early at SCH.

“I got off of work early,” he adds and notices that his wife is still staring at him, astounded. He takes advantage of the moment, leans in over the desk and steals a quick kiss from her, which finally breaks her trance.

“Oh,” she only manages to say, her cheeks reddening as she tries to compose herself, blinking a few times.

“Oh,” Joong Ki copies her, teasing her then laugh softly at his adorable wife. She’s so cute even when she’s flustered like this, he thinks to himself.

He’s about to more when someone knocks on the door, interrupting them.

“Excuse me, Ms. Song, Director Song,” her secretary bows upon entering. “I brought the files you requested, Ms. Song. And here are some more papers you need to sign,” she adds as she hands Hye Kyo folders of files while Joong Ki sits on the chair in front of her desk.

“Thanks,” she says as she looks over the folders.

“Do you need anything else, Ma’am?”

“No, I’m fine. Thanks for this. You can go home now, it’s past office hours,” she tells her secretary with a smile, to which her secretary answers with a grateful one. “Oh, wait, Secretary Lee. I almost forgot. I have something for your daughter,” she says producing a small box from her drawer, surprising her secretary.

“May I ask what this is, Ma’am?” asks her still stunned secretary as she stares at the box.

“It’s just a little bracelet I customized for her. Didn’t you say she likes heart-shaped things?” Hye Kyo says smiling.

“Omo! You shouldn’t have, Ma’am. Yes, she likes those,” she gushes. She looks at the box one more time. “Thank you so much, Ma’am. This will make her really happy.”

“No, don’t mention it. Wish her a happy birthday from me and Joong Ki,” Hye Kyo says and upon hearing the term birthday, Joong Ki stands up. He already knew about his wife’s gift, what he didn’t know was she was going to give it now. He was supposed to buy the kid another gift as a thank you to Hye Kyo’s secretary for treating her really well.

“Ms. Lee, please buy her a cake she likes as well,” he says as he produces a few bucks from his wallet.

“Oh, that’s already too much, Sir. I can’t accept that,” she says.

“No, I insist. I want your daughter to be happy on her birthday just like how you make sure my girl is comfortable in the office every day,” he says as he gives her the money. “I want to thank you for always taking care of Hye Kyo,” he says and she finally accepts.

“Don’t mention it, Sir. It’s my job to take care of Ms. Hye Kyo and even if it’s not, I’d gladly look out for her. She’s already like a family to me,” she says and he smiles while Hye Kyo feels touched at the scene in front of her. “Thank you so much for these, Ma’am, Sir. My daughter will be very happy.”

“You’re welcome, Ms. Lee. Now go, I’m sure she’s already waiting for you,” Hye Kyo says, smiling at her still gushing secretary.

“You two are good people, Sir, Ma’am. And I wish that you continue to live well and happily,” she says before heading out, leaving the couple behind. 

“You’re too good to your employees,” he says the moment they’re left alone.

“So are you,” she says. “And besides, I want to make her daughter happy. Everyone deserves to be happy on their birthday, right?”

“Right,” he says, smiling back at her. “I don’t know if you’re aware…”

“Aware of what?” she asks, confused.

“That you’re making me fall for you over and over again every day,” he says and she playfully slaps his shoulder, causing him to laugh softly.

“Aish, so sly, Director Song,” she says and he pouts.

“What? It’s true,” he says, feigning hurt. “You make me fall for you deeper each day,” he adds and she rolls her eyes at him.

“Whatever,” she says as she returns to studying her files.

“You’re so keen on making your secretary’s daughter happy, why don’t you do that to me, too?” he says and she looks up.

“What? Make you a bracelet, too? I already made you one,” she says.

“No,” he answers. “I mean, why don’t you call it a day and finally give your husband your 100% attention? That will make me happy.”

“Aigoo,” she says, squinting her eyes at him.

“What? You’re so busy these days, I miss you,” he says, giving her his signature puppy look.

“So are you and I miss you, too,” she says then closes her folders. It’s true, they’ve both been really busy these days that they rarely got to see each other. She remembers one time when she prepared dinner for him but he went home late since he had to work overtime. She understands, though. She knows how much preparation one must do when you are being molded to take over a company, she had once been in his shoes.

Instead, she ended up having dinner alone then spent the rest of the night facing her laptop. Just like him, she had tons to do both concerning SGC and her jewelry business. With the way things are going well in their jewelry business, especially now that they’re opening another branch, she really needs to find someone to manage it. Yes, she could take care of it now, but she knows that she couldn’t keep on with this. She’s also human and she gets tired, too. She’s not letting go of the jewelry business, she just needs to find a trustworthy manager to look after the shops while she focuses on her work at SGC.

With all the work she’s done, Joong Ki found her asleep on the sofa when he arrived home, with the laptop still on. He turned it off then knelt in front of his wife, kissing her forehead gently. He felt bad for not being able to come home early, but he had to work late. The turnover was fast approaching and there were a lot of things to take care of.

She stirred slightly, but didn’t wake up. She must be really tired, he thought to himself as he brushed the hair off her face. He stood up and carefully lifted her off the sofa to bring her to their bedroom in his attempt to make her comfortable. He then ever-so-carefully placed her on the bed then pulled the covers over her then placed another gentle kiss on her forehead.

He was about to go to the bathroom when he sensed her moving.

“Joong Ki?” she asked, her voice still sleepy and he made his way back to their bed, facing her.

“Yeobo, I just got home. I’m sorry, did I wake you?” he asked and instead of getting a reply, she sat up and sleepily hugged him, and he hugged her back, inhaling her scent. He missed her.

“Have you eaten?” she asked as she pulled away from the embrace. To be honest, though she understood his responsibilities, she was a bit mad at him earlier for not coming home early when she cooked his favorite meal. She wanted to give him a hard time, but the moment she heard his tired voice, her annoyance melted away.

“I had crackers,” he answered, giving her a smile and she could see how exhausted he was.

“That doesn’t count as dinner. Let me get you real food,” she said as she started going out of the bed but Joong Ki stopped her.

“I’m fine. Go back to sleep, you’re tired,” he said, trying to reassure her but she didn’t buy it.

“You are, too. Plus, I don’t want my husband to get ulcer,” she playfully told him as he shook his head, all while thinking what a stubborn yet caring wife he has.

 

“Fine, let’s go,” she adds as she stands and grabs her bag.

“Really? What about those documents?”

“It’s fine. I already studied them, and besides, they don’t get jealous like you do,” she teases and he scowls. “Now to ‘focus’ on my husband,” she says as she wounds her hand around his arm and his frown turns into a smile.

--- 

----

Two hours later, Hye Kyo finds herself sitting on the passenger seat beside an unusually quiet Joong Ki driving them home. He’s upset, she knows it. She sensed it the moment he became silent after they met Ms. Shin, one of her previous business partners, the one who helped her start her Jewelry business and Joong Ki’s friend at dinner.

They were enjoying their meal, happy that they finally got some time to spend together despite their busy schedules when someone approached their table and they looked up to see a familiar smiling face. “Fancy meeting one of my favorite couples here”

“It’s been a while, Joong Ki, Hye Kyo,” Ms. Shin greeted them with a smile and they instantly stood up to greet her, both surprised and happy to see her.

“Ms. Shin, how have you been? What are you doing here? Who’s with you?” Joong Ki asked, happy to see his long-time friend. Despite their age difference, they’re actually good friends and it’s been a while since they last saw each other.

“Aigoo, you ask too many questions, as usual, Joong Ki,” she rolled her eyes while Hye Kyo laughed. “I’m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter