In Your Arms

Fated Bonus Chapters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Joong Ki stares at his lovely wife sleeping right next to him. Wife. He likes the sound of that.

He couldn’t stop himself from smiling and thinking about how blessed he is. Not only is everything around him going well, but he also had the chance to marry the woman of his dreams. Now, they’re finally bound to each other forever.

He can still remember the happy smiles around them during the reception, his friends tapping him on the back, congratulating him while Hye Kyo’s friends gave her warm hugs. Both of their parents approached them happily, with In Sung and his family trailing behind. They all hug them, congratulating and giving them their best wishes. They even shared a laugh when Seo Jun, In Sung and Hyo Jin’s 2 year old son gave Hye Kyo a wet kiss on the cheeks, his version of welcoming her to the family.

“Thank you for welcoming Aunt Hye Kyo, little Seo Jun. You’re so adorable,” Hye Kyo said as she held unto his little arm while looking at the little boy adoringly. With how gentle she is with Seo Jun, Joong Ki could already see what a great mother she will become to their future kids. Someday, in the right time, if the universe permits and when they’re both prepared, they will also have their little Songs roaming around their house.

After that, they all enjoyed sumptuous food prepared by Chef Nim and the other resort chefs. He really outdone himself this time, everything tasted divine with exquisite presentations and even the guests showed how enthralled they were with the food. After dinner, Chairman Song gave a tear-jerking speech reminiscing Hye Kyo’s childhood memories and telling everyone how grateful he was that he was handing over his daughter to a man who he was sure will love her as much as he does. President Song -also gave his speech, telling everyone how proud he was of what Joong Ki has become and how happy he was to be welcoming such a great daughter-in-law to the family.

The program was then followed with various wedding traditions such as cutting the cake, drinking the wine, throwing of the bouquet, which Lee Jin caught, and the garter, which Kwang Soo obviously caught (well, it was actually a given seeing how tall he was) and the newlywed’s first dance.

Joong Ki bowed before her, offering her his hand, which she took and led her to the dancefloor. He gently placed his hands on her waist as she wrapped her hands around his neck and they swayed to the instrumental version of Beautiful As You, as reminiscent of the first night they kissed. They stared into each other’s eyes, smiling happily under the light of hundreds of lanterns, oblivious to the others around them who took pictures and kept saying how sweet they looked.

When the song ended, they separated for a while to dance with their parents, Joong Ki with Mrs. Song while Hye Kyo danced with Chairman Song. It was such a touching moment as they danced to Butterfly Kisses.

“Are you happy?” Chairman Song asked Hye Kyo.

“Very,” she answered and he could see that she meant it. With the way her eyes twinkled, he could tell that she was really happy.

“I’m glad to hear that. I guess I should now throw away that plane ticket to the North Pole,” he joked and she laughed.

“Appa!” she jokingly whined.

“Just kidding. I’m happy that you’re happy, Hye Kyo. From now on, just focus on your own happiness, and stop worrying about others too much. Arasso?” he said and she nodded.

“Thank you, Appa. I love you.”

“I love you, too, princess.”

 

Meanwhile, Joong Ki was also having his heart-to-heart talk with his mother.

“I’m happy for you, son,” Mrs. Song said.

“Thank you, Eomma. I’m glad that you are,” he answered with a smile.

“Now, I don’t have to worry much about you, if you’re eating well or if you’re working too much. I’m sure Hye Kyo will take good care of you,” she said as he Joong Ki glanced at her contentedly dancing with her father. “She’s a great girl, isn’t she?”

“She is, she’s the best,” he answered as Hye Kyo caught him staring and gave him a smile. “I love her so much.”

“Take care of each other, okay?”

“Arasso, Eomma.”

“And oh, your Appa and I don’t mind having little Joong Ki’s and little Hye Kyo’s running around the house. I think Chairman Song will agree. He’s as excited as us to become grandparents,” she jokingly said and he laughed softly.

“In time, Eomma. The right time will come,” he said, completely believing that the best things in life happen when the time is right.

 

He watches silently as she takes deep and even breaths. His eyes trace her peaceful sleeping face, her lips curled into a smile. He remembers how much she smiled and laughed tonight at the reception. It delighted him that she’s just as happy as he was at the moment.

They continue making their way to her silky brown hair, going down to her long fair neck, sloping downward to her bare shoulders, illuminated slightly by the moonlight. He takes a deep breath. Even in the dark, she still looks flawless and fair, every inch a goddess, except for the red spot on the side of her neck. He smiles proudly. He made that. He can still remember what happened earlier at the ‘best night of his life,’ as he likes to call it.

The reception party ended late since everyone was enjoying and having the time of their lives. It was only when they were all tired of dancing and drunk that they decided to call it a night. While both Song families retreated to the mini-mansion and the other guests either to their respective rooms in the resort or went home, the newlyweds went to their ‘honeymoon suite,’ especially prepared by the resort staff (with supervision from Lee Jin and Kwang Soo) for them, but not before taking a walk under the stars.

 

“I still can’t believe that we’re married,” Hye Kyo said as they walked hand in hand on their way to their room. The cool night breeze blew around them and she snuggled deeper into Joong Ki’s coat which he draped around her shoulders earlier. She has changed into her reception gown after the ceremony since though she adored her dreamy wedding gown designed by Michael Cinco, it was hard to walk from one place to another in it. Instead, she changed into a much simpler, yet still elegant and chic low back lacy mermaid reception gown and wore her hair down in soft waves.

“You’ll get cold,” he said, taking off his coat and putting it around her shoulders. Not even an hour has passed since she went out in that dress and he was already acting all protective. She refused it at first, rolling her eyes on him. But after dancing, she finally gave in to his insistence, it was getting cold anyway.

“Me, too. It’s still like a dream to me,” he said, smiling as he squeezed her hand gently and she clung to his arm.

“Are you not regretting yet?” she asked in a playful voice. “You know, you’re stuck with me forever now. You’re no longer the eligible bachelor everyone’s had their eye on.”

“A little. I think I’ll miss making some hearts swoon,” he jokingly answered and she smacked him on the shoulder. Hard.

“Ouch! I was just kidding,” he said as she wiggled out of his grasp and walked ahead of him. He followed hurriedly after her, laughing softly at how adorable his jealous wife was acting. He caught her by the waist, making her stop and look at him.

“I was just kidding,” he said, but she was still annoyed. “Okay, bad joke. I won’t joke like that again. I’m sorry,” he apologized, but she was still frowning.

“Please?” he pouted, trying to use his puppy look and she finally sighed. He mentally breathed a sigh of relief.

“Fine,” she said. “Let’s get going. I’m tired already,” she added as she started to walk, but Joong Ki stopped her again.

“I don’t regret it, and I don’t think I ever will,” he said confidently, sincerely as he looked her in the eyes. “I meant what I said. I’m extremely grateful that you said yes to me and I’ll spend the rest of my life proving that to you. I’ll dedicate my whole life to loving you,” he added and a smiled finally crept its way up her lips.

“Do you mean it?” she asked, trying to make sure.

“Yes.”

“Are you sure?” she tried one more time.

“Absolutely sure,” he said.

“Fine, you’re forgiven,” she said. “You’re lucky I love you.” She found his hand.

“Yes, I am. I’m one lucky man. I love you more,” he said as he let go of her hand, and picked her up bridal style. “After all, I’m finally married to the girl of my dreams.”

She squealed in surprise. “What are you doing?!”

“Well, you said you’re tired. I don’t want my wife to suffer,” he said matter-of-factly. “And besides, this is what the groom ought to do,” he said and she smiled, thinking of what a thoughtful and loving husband she has and leaned on his chest contentedly, feeling his heart beat against it.

“What about you?” he said, breaking the silence. “Do you regret getting married to me?”

“Hmm, let me think,” she mimicked a thinking expression and Joong Ki looked down on her. “I don’t,” she said when he was starting to pout. “I married a handsome, caring, responsible, loving and awesome man,” she added and he smiled, returning his attention towards to the path ahead of him, careful not to trip so as not to hurt his wife.

“Such a shame, but I think I have a lot to do,” she said and he again turned his attention to her. “Ugh. I think I need to delete numbers of some guys on my phone. Let’s see, hmm, there’s that model who kept asking me out on a date, I think I should also turn down the offer of that chaebol to marry me,  oh and that…”

“Ya! Who are those guys??!” he complained, jealousy clear in his eyes and she started to laugh.

“Just kidding!” she said trying to contain her laughter and he pouted. He looked so adorable at the moment acting all jealous. “Really. It was just a joke. It’s you who I love,” she added, her hand wiping his pout away. “Aigoo, my jealous baby. Stop pouting, I can’t kiss that away right now.”

His eyes lit up upon hearing the word ‘kiss’ and he turned to her. “Kiss?” he asked and she nodded.

“But not now. Later. I can’t really do that right now seeing that you’re carrying me like this,” she laughed and he leaned in, swallowing her laughter, giving her a chaste yet sweet kiss.

“Nothing’s impossible,” he smirked while she looked at him, stunned.

“Well, I guess nothing is,” she mutters.

“Here we are,” he said as they arrived at the suite and he carried her inside effortlessly the carefully placed her to sit on the bed. He then started to kneel in front of her and took one foot.

“Ya. What are you doing?” she asked, surprised.

“Taking care of my wife,” he said as he carefully took one of her shoes off, massaging her foot first before placing a gentle kiss on it and placing it on the carpet. She watched him, stunned, as he did the same to her other foot. “I love everything about you,” he said as he kissed her foot, then trailed gentle kisses upward on her leg, her dress riding up. He looked up to her and she cupped his face with her hands and bent down to give him a gentle peck on the lips.

“You’re sweet, you know that?” she said and he smiled. “It’s only our first night and you’re already spoiling me. Continue doing this and I might get used to it,” she teased.

“Then get used to it. I don’t plan to stop. I want to spoil you, coddle you every day of my life,” he said and she pulled him again for another kiss. When it was starting to get intense, he pulled away slowly and she looked at him, surprised.

“I need to wash up, first,” he said and she smiled. “I’ll be quick,” he added as he dashed to the bathroom hastily, making her laugh. Aigoo, he is excited, she thought to herself as she got up and rummaged the closet to prepare her husband’s clothes.

A few minutes later, he emerged fresh from the bathroom and found a set of clothes neatly placed on the bed. He smiled at the thoughtfulness of his wife as he put on a white shirt and pajamas before looking for her. When he was sure he was decent, he went out to the veranda overlooking the resort’s hot spring and found Hye Kyo looking perfect standing there, still in her reception gown, her back to him as the moonlight softly kissed her curves. He took a moment to appreciate the view.

What a lucky guy he is, he thought.

He then took a few steps forward, encircled his arms around her waist and leaned his head on her shoulder. He heard her sigh.

“Is something bothering you?” he asked while she leaned her weight against him.

“No, nothing. I was just talking to my mother about you,” she said as she slightly turned to look at him and smiled.

“Really?” he asked, surprised. “What did you tell her?” He was actually curious.

“Hmm,” she seemed to think. “Well, I told her how lucky I am to be loved by an amazing man like you,” she said and he smiled.

“I’m luckier. I’m married to a beautiful, kind-hearted and loving woman,” he said as he tightened his hold on her.

“See, Eomma? I told you he has a way with words,” she said to the stars and he laughed softly.

“You told her that?” he asked, lifting his head slightly to look at her and she nodded. “Well, now that you’ve said that, your Eomma might think I’m not sincere. We haven’t even met yet and she already has a bad impression of me.” He pouted, causing her to laugh.

“Well, then, let me introduce you. Joong Ki, meet my mother,” she gestured to the stars, hoping that she’d hear from the heavens. “Eomma, meet my sweet yet very jealous husband,” she said and he could hear him grumbling.

“Nice to meet you, Eomeoni. Don’t worry, I love your daughter and I’ll take good care of her,” he said and she smiled, thinking about how sweet he was. “And to clear things out, I meant everything I said.”

 “Aigoo, you really don’t like making a bad impression on others, huh? I did make the right choice, right Eomma? And he’s very handsome isn’t he?” She felt him smile against her shoulder. “Well he should be, since if he isn’t then I’ll dump him,” she jokingly said and he scowled, causing her to laugh harder.

“Just kidding, darling” she said as she turned to Joong Ki and gave his pouting lips a peck. “There’s no one above you.” She gave him another peck and she squeaked as he deepened the kiss.

This time, she pulled away from the kiss first. “I need to wash up, too,” she said and he protested.

“But you already smell good, there’s no need to…” he leaned in for another kiss but she stopped him with her hand, so he ended up kissing her palm instead. “Fine, let’s get inside,” he said as he led her inside and closed the door behind them.

“Help me ?” Hye Kyo asked as he turned to face her and he couldn’t hide the shock in his f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter