A Ride With The Young Miss

What if.... Will you?

FLASHBACK

The sunlight was kissing her beautiful flawless face. Her hazelnut eyes staring at the clear skies. She was wearing her favourite baby blue swimwear, beside her was a drink made by their family barista. It’s been one year since her beloved Kimhan dissapeared from her sight. Her eyes lost in the skies, just like her lost soul. Her body longing for that someone to come back to her, knowing that if she came back, she would accept her with her arms open. Her reverie was broken when a maid called her attention.

“Young Miss. Mr. Manaying wants to see you” she said, very carefull in her words because the Young Miss is known for her chic attitude.

The Young Miss rolled her eyes. She was never close to her father ever since she knew about his mistress… If ever she knew what that mistress looks like, then surely she would have punched that ’s face until there’s no face left. She sighed. Her father calls for her and surely she will be punished if she doesn’t comply to his commands. She swiftly grabbed her towel and wrapped it around her well-toned legs.

“Get me another mojito. By the time I return here, it should be here” the Young Miss commanded, giving a cold stare at her maid of 10 years. The maid looked at the floor and said, “Yes, Miss Pie”.

The Young Miss left the the mini beach that the Manayings owned for quite some time now. The mini beach was actually bought for Pie’s fascination to the ocean. The middle aged maid sighed and thought about the Young Miss when she was a child. “Such a sweet child…” she thought, while looking at the now corrupted Young Miss of hers.

“How can I help you, Father?” the Young Miss asked her father, staring apathetically at him. Despite the enormously large office her father has, she chose to ignore all of it and continued to stare at him blankly.

“How’s the search party you’re holding for Kimhan? Haven’t you find her yet?” a brown haired gentleman asked his only daughter. Even though the Young Miss finds it strange that Kimhan’s dissapearace was bothering her father, a part of her was actually glad about it. Maybe because the Burnaphans is a family friend?

“We’re still looking for her. We won’t stop until we find her” Pie said to which the father nodded. The father grabbed a folder from his elegant desk and dropped it in front of Pie.

“Since your Kimhan is nowhere to be found, I suppose it’s about time you consider looking for another partner—“ the father said but he was interrupted by his daughter.

“How could you! If you’re thinking that I’ll agree to that fixed marriage of yours, then you’re mistaken!” the Young Miss yelled but in a calm manner. The father was shocked. He never saw her daughter yelling back at him until now.

“I excuse myself” the Young Miss said and quickly left the lovely office.

“Pie, my child. Love has no place in a world like ours. Someday, you’ll get it” the father whispered to himself.

------------------------

“Tina, hurry up! We’re gonna be late for class!” Zee shouted from downstairs. I’m inside of my room, sitting on the bed, looking at the mirror. I’m looking at my own reflection. I’m looking at this brown-haired stupid ‘man’ in his uniform, wearing his denim jacket. This stupid ‘man’ who left his beloved alone in the rooftop. I clenched my fist and punched myself really bad.

Ouch! It really does hurt this time!

I looked at my reflection once again. ! My lips are bleeding! Stupid Tina!

“TINA! I’m gonna leave you if you don’t come down this instant!” Zee shouted, this time, I know he’s serious. I grabbed my brown military rucksack with me and shouted, “Coming!”.

“What happened to your lips, dude?” Zee asked when he saw the mess I made earlier.

I waved my hand and said, “It’s nothing. I just bumped somewhere”. Zee smirked and looked at me suspiciously. I know that look. He doesn’t believe what I said.

“Stop staring at me and go, dude” I said. He scratched his head and started the engine. A part of me doesn’t want to face Pie right now. I don’t think I can take the embarassment.

When we arrived at the university, Jane and the gang is the first people we saw. I don’t know why they’re here. Maybe Zee called Jane to wait here in the parking lot?

We were walking towards them when I saw Pie’s back. She didn’t turn around to greet us, unlike her gang. Maybe she doesn’t want to see me after yesterday?

Jane hooked her arms in Zee’s neck and placed her lips on Zee’s. Wow. I think Zee is really serious in her relationship with Jane. As usual, Puey fished for my hand and held it. “Hey handsome” he said, and winked at me. I glanced at Pie but she’s still not turning her back.

As if Zee knows whats running into my mind, he walked towards Pie and grabbed her shoulders.

“Goodmorning to our University Princess” Zee said which made Pie turn around and smile at him. My heart beats so fast when I saw that smile. I wish I’m Zee right now. I touched my chest. Heart, please calm down.

“Quite a sweet talker, eh, Zee?” she giggled. Zee scratched the back of his head and said, “But, it’s true though. You are the University Princess. You’re literally the face of the school. You might be a Princess, but my Queen is right here beside me”. He grabbed Jane and kissed her in the cheek. Jane hit Zee’s shoulders, with a blush in her face.

Zee clapped his arms as if he remembered something. He turned to Pie again and asked, “Oh yeah, Pie! How come you didn’t eat with us yesterday? Are you with someone?”. Zee smirked as if he was teasing Pie.

That caught Pie. She was speechless and looked away from Zee. What does that mean? Is she really with someone after she put my jacket on the rooftop? I shooked my head. I don’t want to know because I might not take it. I walked towards Zee and hooked my arm to his neck. “Hey Zee, how about we take the gang to Aunt In’s after class?”. As if he forgot about Pie, Zee smiled and said, “Yeah! You guys, please come with us”.

Nice save, Tina. Now you won’t know the truth.

I glanced at Pie. Her fingertips in the middle of her lips are so darn cute. She’s still looking away from our direction and is she…. blushing?

Did she notice my denim jacket?

She quickly turned to Jane’s directions and said, “Jane, I forgot to buy something in the market. Go without me, I’ll just catch up with you”. That made Jane worry.

“Are you sure? I can go with you if you want” Jane said. Jane never failed to surprise me each day. She’s actually is the opposite of the rumors surrounding her. I never expected her to be so caring.           

Seeing Jane’s worried face made Pie smile from ear to ear. My jaw dropped when I saw that but luckily no one noticed me. “I’m not a baby, Jane. I can go by myself. I’ll just run and catch up with you” she said as she started to run.

“Don’t run so fast, Pie. You might slip” Jane shouted for Pie to hear. Pie waved her hand.

“Let’s go, dude. I think we’re late” Zee said to me, hooking her arms around my neck, kind of dragging me to the university. I turned around and glanced at Pie, who’s still running with her short legs. I wish she didn’t have to leave.

--------------------

4:00 PM

“Hello Guys, are you ready?” Zee asked the gang, including me. We made a circle in the garden of the university. We marked this as a meeting place after our dismissal so we could find each other easier.

“Yes. Let’s go?” said Puey, who just had a class with Pie and Nerd. Earlier, I had a class with Zee and Jane, which reminds me that I’m single since instead of taking notes, they’re just kissing instead. Good thing that the professor is not that mocking professor from the other day.

“Yeah” Zee said and we followed him to the parking lot.

------------

PARKING LOT

“Oh no!” Zee complained when he realized that there’s so many of us to fit in the car. He turned around to us and said, “Looks like some people needs to sit on another’s lap”.

What?

I could feel my face heat up. Just the idea of Pie sitting to my lap is too much.

Tina, stop imagining things

“I have a car. We could use that” someone said. I turned around and it was Pie, who was crossing her arms in her chest. Zee smiled and said, “Well, who wants to ride in my car. Raise your hand”.

Without further ado, Jane raised her arms. Both of it actually.

I saw Puey and Nerd raised their hands also, which made Zee laugh and said, “Why do you want to go with me, too? Don’t you want to be with Pie?”.

Puey waved his hands and said, “It’s not like that. It’s just that we always ride Pie’s car and we wanted to ride yours for a change”, to which Nerd nodded, agreeing to Puey’s statement.

Zee looked at me and scratched the back of his head. “And how about you? Where do you want to ride?” he asked me.

I glanced at him and Pie. I really want to be with Pie.

“Uhhh…. I’m fine with anyone” I said. I glanced at Pie again and I saw her staring at me blankly. Did I… do something wrong?

Zee smiled and said, “It’s settled then. Tina, you go with Pie in her car while the others, come inside”. The gang quickly entered Zee’s car.

W-What? Why am I alone with Pie?

“Z-Zee” I whispered, which made Zee give me this weird look in his face, while giving me a thumbs up secretly before going inside the car. I want to face palm right now. Is he pairing me up with Pie?

I felt someone grabbed my jacket. I turned around and faced that beauty who did that. She raised her index finger and pointed at something. “My car is in there. Come with me” she said, almost a whisper. I gulped. Please, don’t mess this up, Tina. I could feel my heart beat.

We arrived at the spot where her car was parked. Her car was lined up with the Deans and the Headmasters. I thought that students are not allowed to park in this area?

I wonder what her car looks like. The Pie I know must have put a lot of turtle stuffed toys in her car. She really likes turtles.

Honk honk..

That must be Zee’s car. He told me that he will wait for our car at the junction so that we could follow them. I looked around to the spot again. Luxury cars are lined up. Gosh. It’s like attending a car show here.

Pie stopped walking and inserted her key in a baby blue car. My jaw dropped when I saw her car. . Her car is probably the most expensive here is the university.

She stared at me, probably confused with my reaction, and said, “What? You don’t want to come in?” , get yourself together Tina.

“I-I’m sorry” I said as I scratched the back of my head. She opened that front passenger seat door and she frowned.

“I’m sorry, but do you mind sitting in the back instead? This is a mess. I kinda stuffed a lot of things here in the front” she said, massaging her forehead. She looks like she’s stressed.

W-What? Sit in the back. I can’t.

Memories from the car accident started coming to me, it’s because I was also sitting in the back when it all happened.

I can’t see anything. It’s all black. What is happening to me?

. I can’t let Pie see me like this.