Deal

What if.... Will you?

FLASHBACK

“Golf, please don’t leave me” a girl pleaded. She was on her knees holding a feet of a muscular man who was in front of the door, about to leave her. That man, named Golf, courted the girl for a year and after many harships, he finally made the girl said yes. But now, he was leaving her for reasons that she does not know, or maybe she won’t want to know?

Golf tried to move his legs so that the girl will let go but she didn’t.

“Jane, please. I just don’t love you anymore” the man said, cruelly. This teared the girl’s heart into pieces, but it doesn’t matter. She won’t let go.

“Golf, let’s talk please. You promised me that you will never leave me” Jane said, almost begging. She knows that what she’s doing was so lowly for a high class woman like herself, but what could a girl do when the love of her life was about to walk out of the door and her life forever?

“Jane, please let go. Somebody might see us” Golf said, afraid that people might judge him as he looked around and saw a silhouette of a girl. Golf immediately knew that the owner of the silhouette was listening to them.

“I don’t care if there is somebody out there. Please, stay with me Golf. I’ll do anything for you” Jane begged.

Golf tried harder and harder to move his legs. “Jane, I don’t love you anymore because you’re suffocating” the guy mumbled. This made the girl let go of him. This is the endpoint. She did everything for her man. She gave him her whole self. She gave him love and warmth. Where did she go wrong? Wasn’t her best not enough for him?

She cried so much when she saw her man walking out of the door. Her heart is full of gloom and despair. She looked at the thing on top of her bedside table. This would be the answer to her problems.

She reached out for that thing. It is a pink object made of plastic. There was a knob to it and if you pushed the knob, a sharp razor will come. It’s a cutter.

Her mind has reached to the point of darkness that she thought that suicide is the only solution to her problems. She was about to cut her life when someone stopped her. She looked up to see who that someone is. It was the owner of that silhouette earlier.

It was a girl with a heavenly hazelnut eyes. Jane was acquainted with that person but they’ve only talked once since they’re living at the same dorm. She didn’t even catch that girl’s name. Rumor has it that this fine lady in front of her is the only heiress of the Manaying Corporation.

“Don’t end your life just because someone else ruined it” the Young Miss said, her tone sounds like she’s speaking from her own experience. The Young Miss knelt in front of the terrified Jane. Who would have thought that an heiress would ever kneel in front of her? She cupped her hands to Jane’s cheeks. The Young Miss saw darkness in Jane’s eyes.

“You’re beautiful. You deserve all the happiness life has to offer” she said. Jane doesn’t know how the Young Miss did it, but it she made her mind clear. Why does she feel so comfortable being in the Young Miss’ company?

“Let’s build yourself together again. I will help you. Are you with me?” the Young Miss said while smiling.

“Yes!” Jane said, with a smile in her face. She quickly hugged the Young Miss, the one who saved her life from eternal darkness.

--------------

“Why don’t you try snogging your boyfriend in another place? The doorway is not a place to snog, honey. Didn’t your father taught you that?” she said while smirking.

Boyfriend!? Why would she think of that? Why would I freakin kiss her if I have a girlfriend?

I could see her glancing at me. Is she waiting for me to tell that Yam is not my girlfriend?

“Pie, Yam is –“ I was planning to tell her that Yam and I were not together but before I could continue, Yam grabbed my arm and said, “Tina and I are dating so we could snog wherever we want”.

What the hell? Is she on her right mind? Why would she claim that I’m her boyfriend when she just met me this day?

I quickly looked at Pie. Please Pie, do not believe in her. Look at me!

But she didn’t look at me. She was glaring at Yam. If glares could kill, then Yam is probably dead right now.

“Oh, please hun. If you want to do that, why don’t you buy our school instead? Oh wait—you can’t afford it. Awww sad face” Pie said while smiling. I didn’t know Pie could trashtalk someone that hard. I felt Yam’s grip to me getting tighter. I could tell how hurt she was. Pie, it’s not cool to make fun of someone’s financial status.

“That’s why…” Pie said, almost a whisper. She leaned towards Yam’s ear.

“Keep your mouth shut, ” Pie whispered to Yam. That’s the endpoint of Yam’s patience. She was about to slap Pie but I managed to stop her by holding her wrist.

“Yam, don’t. Just let it go” I said calmly, trying to talk some sense to Yam. I know that somehow this is Yam’s fault but I can’t stop myself from pitying her.

Pie let out a mocking laugh, probably planning to continue testing Yam’s patience. She won and she knew it. Someone tapped Pie’s shoulder and to her surprise, it was her bestfriend Jane.

“Pie, I’ve been waiting for you. I saved you a sit over there” Jane said as she points her index finger to the seat next to her. I don’t know why but I think Jane saved Yam from Pie.

Pie stared at her, like she knew what’s on Jane’s mind. Jane was staring at her intently. Finally, Pie gave a sigh.

“Okay. Take me there, sister” Pie said as she lifted her hand. Jane happily held her bestfriend’s hand and the two walked together in their seats.

I returned my gaze back to Yam, who I think is still hurt at what Pie have said.

“Are you okay, Yam?” I said. She’s avoiding my direction but she nodded.

“Can you sit with me?” Yam said, holding my wrist. I looked at the gang’s direction. They were looking at me, except Jane and Pie. They were talking at each other. I glanced at Zee and somehow, I could tell she’s still asking me to sit with them. I’m sorry, Zee. I saw enough.

I turned back to Yam and said, “Okay”.

-----------------

Days had passed. The gang and I never talked after that day, and so did Pie and I. Zee started to go home late everyday so that is why we never had the chance to talk to each other. To be honest, I already miss Pie. Sometimes, when I’m with Yam, I could see her glaring at me whenever I turn around to get something in my bag. Frequently, I see her eyes focused in my denim jacket.  I don’t know why she does that. Last Friday, I had a class with the gang but we didn’t talk to each other, as if they didn’t know me at all. It was a good thing that some girls invited me to sit next to them.

On the weekends, I spent my time in my bedroom or at the café. I was planning to visit Mom but I was scared that some people might get suspicious if they ever saw me. I also saw Zee leaving the house, probably going to a party with Jane and the gang. I still wonder if he fully knew Jane. Did Jane ever told him anything about what she does to people she doesn’t like?

It’s Monday today. I woke up early so I walked downstairs to have some coffee and to my surprise, Zee was sitting in the table, drinking milk.

“Hey” I greeted the lost Zee looking at nowhere. I might have broken her reverie.

“Hey” she said, her elbow sitting on the table.

I grabbed my coffee and sat across her.

“So how are you and the gang?” I asked her.

“We’re great! I partied with them actually. We had a great time but it’s just sad that Pie isn’t there” Zee said, looking at his milk intently. I wanted to ask her why Pie isn’t there with them but I didn’t because that would be suspicious.

I’m glad Pie didn’t party. I don’t want some s hitting on her.

“I see… It’s really nice to see that you’re happy, Zee” I told her. She looked at me and soon, she massaged her temples.

“Dude… about the cellar incident… I’m really sorry, I didn’t know that you had a girlfriend” she said, with a sorry look in his face.

What? Did he actually believe that Yam is my girlfriend?

“Zee, Yam is not my girlfriend” I said. His eyes opened wide when he heard me.

“What? But Jane said…” he said, trying so hard to find the right words but failed. I had no choice but to tell him what happened at that day and so I did. I told him that Yam told Pie that we were dating. I also told him about Jane and how I met Yam.

He furrowed his eyebrows, unsure of what to say.

“Hey, are you okay?” I said to her while waving my hands. Seeing her staring blankly made me think if telling her about Jane is the right thing to do.

“Y-Yeah. It’s just that… I knew Jane is quite a troublemaker but I didn’t know that she would do that. Maybe I’ll talk to her later” Zee said, whispering to herself. She massaged her temples.

“I’m sorry, dude. We’ve been avoiding you because I know Yam doesn’t like the gang. I’m so sorry dude, I really am” she said. I tapped her hand. How could I not forgive Zee? Zee is like a sister to me, but more like a brother actually.

“It’s okay. It was also my fault that I let this happen” I said while giving a sigh. She looked at me intently.

“So what’s your plan now? Are you going to tell the gang?” Zee asked, almost begging me to say yes.

I shooked my head. If they knew, then would it make a difference? Would they stop bullying her?

“Please Zee, keep it a secret from the gang for now. Maybe you can ask Jane why she bullies Yam, but please don’t tell her about what Yam did. You keep it a secret for now. I’ll figure something out. I don’t want seeing someone being bullied” I asked her.

She flashed me her greatest smile and messed my hair up.

“How can you be so kind to others, dumbo?” she teased. I hit his arms. I’m still a girl, I really don’t want my hair to get messy.

“Fine. I’ll ask Jane later why she bullies Yam. But if Yam did something wrong to Jane before, then you have to tell Jane and Pie that Yam is not your girlfriend” Zee added.

“And we should tell Jane and Pie to stop bullying anyone” I continued.

“Deal?” Zee said, looking at me intently.

“Deal” I smiled at him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

TOK! TOK! TOK!

“Aunt In, are you there?” I knocked softly. I received the electricity bill earlier and so I have to give it to Aunt In.

“Aunt In?” I knocked again.

I gripped for the doorknob and I tried opening the door. The door was unlocked.

This is unusual.

Aunt In’s door is usually locked.

I went inside anyway. I’m just going to place the bill, there nothing bad in doing that, right?

 Her room was very clean, as expected. Aunt In is a clean freak. The appearance of her room is much similar to mine but there was something unusual in her room. There was a portrait hanging on the wall just above her dresser. It was a family picture composed of a young Aunt In, a baby Zee and…

a boy who looked like a girl?

That is weird. I thought Aunt In only had Zee?

“So you saw ‘him’?” I heard a voice. I turned around and it was Aunt In.

 

NOTE: Hello readers ^~^ First of all, I am thankful for the votes, the views and to those who comment (AFF readers, I’m looking at ya). I’ll try to update faster since I’m still on vacation (YEYY!) but after January 16, I might not be able to update as much because I’m back to school by that time. I know this is late, but Happy Holidays guys! Let’s love~