Memories of the Past

What if.... Will you?

NOTE: Hello there, readers ^~^ This chapter is just a compilation of the flashbacks that can also be found on the following four chapters. This is for the new readers to grasp the story quickly and not read the first four chapter in order to understand the story. The flashbacks can still be found on their corresponding chapters (because I was too lazy to erase)Thank you for reading ^~^

FLASHBACK 1

"Pie, oh my God, this is happening! You GOT to see this" said a girl, panting as she almost slipped running just to fetch her friend inside the classrom. She swiftly held her friend's wrist and was about to drag her somewhere.

This friend of hers, whose hazelnut eyes was staring blankly just a while ago, is now so shocked to see herself being dragged by her panting friend.

"Hey, where are you taking me?" the girl with a gorgeous hazelnut eyes said.

She glanced around her classroom, only to find girls gathering on the window revealing the hallway, some giggling at each other, while some was staring at her, flashing their best smiles as if she won the lottery.

"What's happening?" she thought to herself.

The two girls stopped in front of the door.

"I'm so happy for you, Pie" the girl giggled to her friend with the hazelnut eyes, who's now so confused of what's happening around her.

"Okayyyy.... But what's happeni---" Pie said, when her friend opened the door.

"Off you go" her friend said as she pushed the latter off the door.

Pie almost kissed the ground but she managed to balance herself, her eyes on the floor. She noticed a white string that was taped near the floor that she almost fell into. She slowly looked up, and saw something that caught her attention.

The string leads to a balloon with her name printed in the middle of a heart

She couldn't help but to smile. Only that person would make this kinds of things for her and that is...

"Hey, Pie. You look beautiful today" I said.

She turned beside her and saw me, a tall, long haired girl, presenting her my sweetest smile.

"Kim!" she giggled

Amidst all of the girls that's been staring at us, all of the balloons with Pie's name written on it, this cake behind me with the message: "Pie, will you be my girlfriend?". All of it dissapeared when I saw that breath taking hazelnut eyes of hers.

------------------------------

FLASHBACK 2

Pie and I were studying in the library. I noticed a girl across our table holding hands with another girl, which I assumed that they were a couple. It is really nice that they can express their love even when studying. My Pie won’t let me do anything sweet to her while we’re studying, even though we’re a couple now. “Let’s do that after we study”, she always says. Pie saw me staring at the couple.

“Kim, are you even studying?” Pie groaned. That caught my full attention. I didn’t realize that my princess was talking to me. She scratched the back of her head.

“Kim, the final exam is just around the corner. If you don’t study well, maybe we won’t be graduating highschool at the same time” she complained, as she pouted her soft lips. My eyes wandered around that soft kissable lips. I want to kiss her so bad but we’re not in that stage yet.

“Princess, graduation is still years ahead of us. It’s still early to think about that, isn’t it?” I said. She glared at me. Real bad.

“Kim, we’re going to manage our family businesses soon. Don’t you think that you should study well?” she said, always the businesswoman at such a young age.

I let out a sigh. My eyes are really reallly really tired from studying. She noticed it and smiled at me.

“Fine. Let’s take a break” she sighs. That made me giggle like a kid.

“But honestly, we should really do well in our studies. I want us to be successful together, Kim” she said shyly, looking away from me. I can’t help but to smile at her. I’m touched that she includes me with her future plans even though we’re only together for like three days. She is a wonderful person. I know her and I’m in love with her.

I leaned next to her ear and whispered, “I love you, Princess”.

------------------------------

FLASHBACK 3

It was dark that day. Not because it’s night but because…

 

That happened…

 

It was raining that day. I was standing in front of a flaming car, crying. I don’t know what to do. I saw my father, his head showering with his own blood, lying with his arms holding the steering wheel…

 

No.. This is not true..

 

I called for my Dad but he didn’t call me back….

 

No…

 

I saw my Mom and called out for her too…

 

Is she dead too?

 

NO. NO. NO. She’s just sleeping.

 

I slapped myself so hard.

 

Please wake up, Kim. You’re just dreaming. This is not true.

 

I kept on calling out for her but she never called me back….

 

I closed my eyes.

 

 “No… Mom and Dad are sleeping. Those in their heads are not blood. It’s juice” I kept on telling myself but I know that this is not true.

 

Why won’t they wake up?

 

Why didn’t God take me with them!?

 

“Oh My God! What is this!?” I heard someone say.

 

I turned around and saw a woman around her 40’s.

 

“Kid, are you okay?” she said but I can’t find the words to say anything.

 

“Oh my God!” she said. She fished for her phone and pressed it.

 

“Hello… Yes… There is a car accident here…. Please come quickly” she said to the phone.

 

I glanced at Mom and Dad.

 

 ‘Accident’, she said.

 

 I grabbed the old woman’s shirt.

 

“Aunt, this is not an accident. This is….” I whispered. I hesitated to say it but I finally had the courage.

 

“… a murder” I said.

 

Her jaw dropped when she heard me.

 

“Oh My God! Are you serious, kid?” she said as she cupped her hands in my cheeks.

I nodded.

 

“If that is true, the killer must not know that you lived, child. Your life is in danger” she said as she hugged me. I can’t feel my legs. My whole body was shiverring with fear.

------------------------------

FLASHBACK 4

Miss In took me to her home at In's Café. She hurriedly dragged me to her room and pushed my shoulder to sit in the bed. Earlier, she told the ambulance that the car only has two people in it, my Dad and my Mom.

I told her that we had a family company, the Burnaphan Corporation, and that I am Kimhan Burnaphan, their only child.

"Are you well, child?" she asked me.

"Yes, Miss In" I said weakly, still shivering with fear.

She kneeled in front of me. I stared at her eyes, I could feel her fear too. Perhaps, fearing for her own life also? She slowly grabbed her scissor and started to cut my hair.

"What are you doing miss?" I asked, surprised.

"Remember what I'm going to tell you, Kim." She said as she stopped cutting my hair for a while.

"No one should know that you are Kimhan Burnaphan. As long as the killer is not caught, you won't be safe, child. You're Tina Jittaleela now, my nephew. No one should know that you are a girl. No, you won't be safe if you stay as a girl, people might recognize you. The killer could be anyone. There's no one that you can trust. There's no one that Kimhan could trust" she said to me. I know what she said was all true. If I wanted revenge, then I must do exactly what she said. She continued to cut my hair into a boy's cut until there's no Kimhan left in my face.

I felt something vibrated in my pocket. It is my phone. I received a message from Pie.

"Kim, Happy Birthday. I love you with all my heart. Don't you ever leave me. I trust in your love, okay? I love you" – Pie

I cried when I saw her message. I'm sorry, Pie. I know we're just starting but I have to leave you so soon.

I kissed my phone, crying that I won't be able to see her again. Crying that I lost my Dad in the accident. Crying that I lost everything on my birthday.

------------------------------

After all the things that happened between Pie and I, I thought I’ll never see her again. But I was wrong.