last dance pt . 2

This Is Why
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

last dance part 2

 

 

The number you are calling is inactive.

 

Jiyong sending Chaerin hundred texts messages while his friends partying.

“Where is she?” he murmured.

Harin left home with Dara, they wanted to check where is she but Jiyong got message from Dara that Chaerin isn’t home.

 

Chaerin look at her cellphone, she doesn’t get any cellphone signal in here.

“At least I left notes for Harin on the fridge, I hope she’s not worry.” She said to herself.

“CL? Are you CL?” a girl talk to her.

She turned and saw about three girls. “Oh yes, anyeong…” she smiles.

“OMG! Are you hiking alone?” one girl asked.

She nodded.

“You’re going to celebrate new year here?” another one asked.

“Yes…” she laughs, “There’s a place I’d like to go near here.”

“OMG can we have pictures with you?” the first girl ask.

“Of course but please… I’m asking you favor to upload it later… maybe tomorrow or days later, can you do that?” Chaerin asked.

“Yes! Of course!”

They took some pictures together.

“I really love your reality show, and I love you in there… your part is the one I’m waiting the most!” the girl said.

“Thank you, it means a lot to me.”

“Please just stay in Korea, Korea loves you!” another one said.

Chaerin smiles. She couldn’t answer it.

“And if you meet Bigbang oppas, please tell them that they’re awesome! We’re sad that they will go on hiatus, but they’re truly a legend.”

Chaerin nodded.

“Unnie, you’re the closest to GD oppa, right?” a girl asked.

“I’m close to everyone in Bigbang.” She chuckles, because hearing Jiyong’s name only make her heart sank.

“Ah, I thought you’re the closest to GD.”

Chaerin shook her head.

“Anyway, unnie fighting!” they said.

“Thank you!”

 

Chaerin continue her journey, he took some selfies before entering a gate of an old shrine, she’s not there for praying but she often came there just to absorbed the tranquility, looking at some people meditates make her heart in peace, moreover this shrine placed on a hill where she could see the city from above.

She stayed at the porch of a common room and talk to some monks, she loves to listen to their story, sometimes about life, sometimes about nature and universe. She likes how it makes her feel so small, it strangely comforts her.

“Chaerin-ssi, its almost midnight, we will have to pray, do you mind if I leave you here?” a monk said to her.

“Of course, I’ll be fine. I’ll stay until midnight then I’d probably back home.”

“Make sure you use the midnight route, okay?”

She nodded, in this mountain’s hiking lane, they have the midnight route where its already secured by lamps and many guard posts along the way.

Chaerin feel her phone vibrates in her pocket.

“Oh there’s signal here?”

she took her cellphone.

 

From: Lee Harin

Unnie, you’re not coming?

 

From: Lee Harin

Unnie! Seriously where are you???

 

From: Lee Harin

Unnie everyone’s looking for you and this is so awkward because Dara unnie suddenly did long speech to Jiyong oppa about him having GF, is he really have new GF? And Dara was mad because she said something about you have to stay away from Jiyong oppa, why?

 

From: Sandara Santokki

Chaerin-ah, where are you?

 

From: Sandara Santokki

Chae-ah, I’m sorry I was mad at Jiyong, she was asking your whereabout, I can’t help but wanting to smash his head.

 

From: Sandara Santokki

Youngbae scold me for being mean to Jiyong, I’m a bit sorry… but I told Youngbae he deserves it *grin

 

From: Jingyo oppa

Chae, where are you?

 

From: Jingyo oppa

Chaerinie… where are you?

 

From: Jingyo oppa

Hunchae, pick up my call please…

 

From: Jingyo oppa

Chae, listen, yes I’m seeing a girl, she’s Lee Joo Yeon if you know her. But I hope it doesn’t make any changes in our friendship. I really don’t know if I’m the one who make you set some distance between us, but I really hope we could still be friends.

 

From: Jingyo oppa

Chae-ah, call me whenever you see this.

 

From: Jingyo oppa

My Chaerin, happy new year.

 

The black clear sky turn into grey from the smoke from the fireworks, Chaerin looking at it from above, it must be midnight already, she thought.

“Happy new year, Lee Chaerin.” She murmured. “Let’s wish for a better year.”

 

+

 

January 01, 2018.

First day of 2018, Chaerin woke up with a sound of her cellphone ringing.

“Hello?”

“Chaerin-ah, let’s have brunch.”

She peek on the screen, Yang sajangnim?

“Yes, Sajangnim…” she said.

 

They have brunch in a pretty place near YG building, obviously Yang Sajangnim didn’t go home last night.

“How’s the party?” Chaerin asked.

“Great, everyone were there except you.” He said.

Chaerin smiles. “I went hiking.”

“Alone?”

Chaerin nodded.

Yang Sajangnim sips his coffee. “I will face a big scandal in no time, Chae.”

“Huh?” Chaerin furrowed her brows.

“Dispatch called me yesterday, before the party, they had pictures of Jiyong dating in Jeju and they asked me if I want to pay them again to shut up or if I’m okay if they leak it.”

Chaerin didn’t say anything.

“I didn’t reply, so they assume I’m fine if they leak it.”

“They did?”

“They haven’t but I guess they will, soon… maybe now they’re cooking it.” He smiles.

“Are you okay, Sajangnim?” Chaerin asked.

“I will be okay, people will hate me as usual, I tried to talk to Jiyong last night, but seems like his mind is somewhere else. He said he doesn’t care, if his fans hate him because of this, it will be easier for him to leave to the military.”

“He doesn’t care about the news?” Chaerin scoffed, “He doesn’t care if the girl gets hate?”

“He didn’t mention it. He was so busy with his phone all night.”

“Maybe he’s busy calling and texting new girlfriend…?”

“No, Chae, he’s busy trying to reach you.”

 

+

 

Chaerin walked beside Yang sajangnim back to the company.

“Sajangnim, you can create bigger issue to overshadow the news.” Chaerin said.

“Like?”

“Sudden comeback of… I don’t know… Winner? Blackpink?”

Yang Sajangnim shook his head, “I can’t do that, Chae, there’s no such a thing as sudden comeback, don’t you think I sacrifice them if I really did that?”

Chaerin understand, “Yeah, that will be weird if suddenly you call Winner and told them ‘let’s shot an MV tomorrow and release it in three days.’.” she chuckles.

Yang Sajangnim also laughing.

“Will you confirm or deny the news?” She asked.

Yang Sajangnim shook his head, “I won’t, I did it before, and now Jiyong has to do it by himself.”

Chaerin looking at her boss, he has so much in his hand yet still get hates from many parties. “Don’t worry, Sajangnim, Oppa’s true f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter