Chapter 2

Finding The Happiness

Kyuhyun-ah , see you later this evening . I’ll bring the new schedule for next week training .” said the captain of football team before he left the classroom .

“ Okay  ! See ya !” Kyuhyun replied with smiles on his face .

Kyuhyun pinched his nose and stretched out his arms and body as he sat still for three hours for the mathematics class . Luckily that was his favourite subject , so he did not feel too sleepy during the class .

He kept the book inside the bag when someone calling his name . He look up to see the voice’s owner .

“ What’s up Taehyun ?” asked Kyuhyun .

“ Your sister is waiting for you at the garden .” said the Taehyun guy .

“ Sister ?” Kyuhyun looked at the boy confusedly . Since when did he has a sister ?

“ I mean , the little girl who was waiting for you at the school gate two days ago . Isn’t that your sister ?” asked Taehyun . He didn’t know the relationship between the little girl with Kyuhyun since he wasn’t that close to Kyuhyun . He only knew Kyuhyun as a smart student and a football player for their school .

“ Aahh , you mean Yoojung ? She is not my sister…she’s only my little friend who live next to my house .” Kyuhyun chuckled as soon as he knew that little girl .

Taehyun nodded in understanding after he heard the answer . He left the class after Kyuhyun thanked to him .

Kyuhyun immediately rushed to the garden not wanting to let the little girl waiting for him . His lips formed a wide smile when he saw the girl . He walked slowly towards the girl as he didn’t want the little girl to notice him .

Yoojung was sitting on the bench with her school bag while swaying her legs to the ground . She didn’t see the coming Kyuhyun as her back was facing him . She almost shouted when someone closed her eyes from behind until she heard the small laugh .

“ Kyuhyun oppa ! You’re scaring me .” shouted Yoojung .

“ Hahaha !!” laughed Kyuhyun while ruffling the girl’s hair . He sat beside Yoojung before handing the sandwich which he bought earlier to the 7 years old girl .

“ Halmoni is late again ?” asked Kyuhyun .

Yoojung nodded her head while munching the sandwich happily . Yoojung was an orphan who lived with her grandmother since she was a baby . Her parents died during the accident that made her knew nothing about her parents . Grandma Lee was the fish seller at the market . If she was going to be late , she will ask her granddaughter to stay at Kyuhyun’s school until she picked her up since Kyuhyun’s school was only next to hers or sometimes Kyuhyun would bring her home . Kyuhyun and Yoojung were so close like a siblings as Kyuhyun loved to play and teach her .

“ Yoojung-ah , today oppa will have a football training . So , can you wait for me until I finish my training ?” asked Kyuhyun .

“ Okay…is it going to be long ?”

“ No…it’s only an hour . After that we’ll going home .”

“ Hrmm…can I watch your training session ? I want to watch oppa playing football too . Oppa must be the best ! Am I right ?” asked Yoojung excitedly . She was always being the number one fangirl of Kyuhyun . Everything Kyuhyun did would get her attention .

Kyuhyun only laughed at her question as he getting used of Yoojung praising him like that . “ No…I’m not …hahaha” said Kyuhyun while pinching the girl’s cheek . “ Of course you can watch me . Later , I’ll bring you to the field . So , I want you to wait here for a while since I’m going to change my school uniform into sport attire in the toilet . I’ll comeback to you again .”

Yoojung gave him a cute smile while nodding to him . Later that evening , Kyuhyun and his other team members had a simple training to make sure their body were well prepared for upcoming games . Yoojung gave an proud look to Kyuhyun when Kyuhyun looked at her who was sitting at the field side .

Kyuhyun was very different when he was in the field . He would treat every training was very important for him . His serious and competitive side were clearly shown whenever he was with the football team . That was one of the reason why the coach and the captain were very proud to have Kyuhyun on their team . 

Just when Kyuhyun was asked to kick the ball towards the goal post , he suddenly felt shortness in his breath that made him clutched his chest tightly . It happened too fast for the others to support him from falling on his knees .

“ Kyuhyun-ah !!!” shouted the others in unison .

“ Yah…Kyu . Are you okay ?!” ask the captain panicked while slapping Kyuhyun’s cheek softly . His face gave a worry look as Kyuhyun never got sick or showing some discomfort during their training .

Kyuhyun had a hard time to focus on his team member as he tried to catch a breath . ‘ What’s wrong with me ?’ said Kyuhyun in his mind .

“ Kyu Oppa .” Kyuhyun looked up to the voice’s owner . Seeing the worried look on Yoojung face made him formed a thin smiles .

“ I’m okay . Don’t worry Yooujung ..” Kyuhyun reassured . He released the gripped on his chest when the breathing became lighter .Then , the team leader and his other team member helped him to get up .

“ I guess , we can stop our training for today . And Kyuhyun , don’t you even think to hide anything from me if you’re sick . No matter what , you’re still the youngest in our team and it’s my responsibility to take care of you .” The captain looked at the maknae with a concerned look .

“ Yes , hyung . I’m really fine . Don’t worry about me .” Kyuhyun patted the older’s back before thanked to the others for helping him .

" Let's go home Yoojungie.." said Kyuhyun while pulling Yoojung's hand gently with him .

“ He is sure someone who doesn’t like to make people worry about him .” said the other player named Jaebum .

“ Yeah , I would be happy if he can be more open up to us about his problem . It’s very impossible for someone to be happy and cheerful all the time like him .”

“ You’re right , let’s just keep our eyes on him . Come on , it’s already late .” said the captain .

 

Kyuhyun felt weird when the usual bubbly Yoojung being quiet all the time when they were heading to their home . She was being clingy in Kyuhyun's arm with her tiny hands wrapped tightly around his neck . When they reached the house , Kyuhyun put down Yoojung on her feet and looking at the little girl gently .

" Yoojung-ah , what's wrong ?" Kyuhyun caressed Yoojung soft hair . He noticed the tinge of fear in her eyes which made him became more worried to her .

Hey , are you okay ? Did I made a mistake ?” Kyuhyun caressed her cheeks gently .

“ I was afraid . Oppa didn’t say anything to me that you were sick . I don’t want oppa to be sick .” said Yoojung softly .

Kyuhyun smiled brotherly as he heard the answer . “ Aigoo , so you were worried about me huh ?” asked him .

“ Oppa fell on the field and you seemed so much in pain . How come I cannot worry about you ?” Yoojung argued .

" Arasseo . I'm so sorry ok ? Come on . Let's get on my back i'll treat you with ice cream today ." said Kyuhyun making the little girl excited as she quickly jumped on his back . Both of them really looked like a sweet sibling .

As they arrived in front of their house , Kyuhyun shouted happily as usual to notify his mother . He let Yoojung to come with him as her grandmother hadn't go home yet . Weird and cold sensation overwhelmed him when there was no usual reply and welcome from his mother . His mother would always welcomed him with a kiss on his cheeks whenever he's home .

" Yoojung-ah , wait here for a while . I'm going to look for ahjumma , okay ?" asked Kyuhyun . Yoojung obediently waiting for him at the bench in front of the door while eating the ice cream Kyuhyun bought for him earlier .

Kyuhyun noticed the door wasn't lock when he tried to open it . He assumed his mother must had been inside doing housechores . ' Where is she ?' wondered Kyuhyun .

" Eomma ?" called Kyuhyun when he peeked inside the kitchen only to meet his dissappointment . He was getting worried of his mother as he noticed his mother wasn't very well these past few days . But he tried to ease his heart by saying his mother must had going out somewhere . He sighed deeply . He decided to accompany Yoojung outside the house while waiting for his mother as he was sure his mother will be back in later . 

When he was about to step outside the house , the telephone was ringing making him stop his track . His heart thumped fast when he was walking to the direction . ' What's wrong with me ?' 

" Hello ." answered Kyuhyun .

Kyunie , this is halmeoni ." 

" Halmeoni ? Why are you calling me ? Are you will be back late ?" 

No , grandson . I'm in the hospital right now . Your.." Her word was cutted off when Kyuhyun's worried voice asking her again .

" Why ? Are you okay halmeoni ? Do you need me to go there now ?" asked Kyuhyun .

" No ! it's not me dear .. I'm perfectly fine ....It's about your mother Kyu . " Grandma Lee couldn't continue her words as she felt a huge lump in . She tried hard not to cry .

Kyuhyun tried to hold the pillar for the support as soon as he heard the words . " Eomma ? She is okay right ? Tell me she's fine ." He tried to control his voice .

Kyu , please be strong . I went to your house to give a food this afternoon and found your mother lying unconsciously on the floor . I tried to to wake her up but no respond . She was brought to the hospital and ....doctor said she's already gone . I'm sorry , grandson ."

" No ! You're lying to me . She was fine this morning before I went to school . Halmeoni....please tell me the truth . " Kyuhyun at the verge of broken down .

I''m sorry Kyu ."

 

 

 

 


 Done with chapter 2 <3

I'm deeply sorry for not be able to update for a long time . I lost the idea of this story suddenly when i was focusing on my study .

And sorry if this chapter is not good and kinda rushed . I'll make it better next time .

I can't promise i'll update this story regularly , but i'll try . ^_^

Deeply bow ....