Chapter 1

Finding The Happiness

a/n : italic - the past time
        normal - the present time


She wiped her tears while the other hand holding her caressing her stomach softly . There was another life living inside her . She quickly walked out from her room and went to the Mr Cho’s office room . She looked around the hallway to see if there was someone else around there . When she was confirmed there was no one other than her , she immediately knocked the door before she walked into the room .

“ Soeun-shi , is there anything that I can help you ?” asked the man who his eyes were busying looking at his computer .

“ I need to talk to you .” said Soeun with a serious tone .

Hearing her voice , Mr.Cho turned his gaze to his young maid . Soeun was one of his workers in the mansion . She was the youngest among the maid as she was only 20 years old . He sensed the woman in front of him had something important to tell him .

“ What is it , Soeun-shi ?” asked Mr.Cho after he put aside all the documents .

“ I’m pregnant .” Soeun stared at her employer with a blank look while caressing her flat stomach softly .

Mr.Cho almost dropped his cup when he listened to those word . Just one word from his worker was enough to make the world that revolved around him stopped for a while . It took him several minutes to absorb her words . After a long silence , he closed his eyes for a while before he walked to the door and locking it as if he didn’t want anyone else to come into his room .

He stopped by the door while holding the doorknob tightly . Soeun didn’t notice the change of his reaction . Just before she could utter her words , Mr Cho had speak what was inside his mind .

“ Abort it .” Soeun’s eyes turned more wider than usual as she heard those word came out from the man who was still stand like a statue at the door .

“ What ? Mr Cho , did I hear it wrongly ? Can you say it once again ?” asked Soeun desperately .

Mr.Cho bravely looked into her eyes before he let out a loud sighed.” I said abort it . That night , it was a mistake . I was drunk and I didn’t know it was you at that time .”

Soeun’s eyes already brimmed with tears as she heard those hurtful words . How could the man in front of her said something like that . She was not the type who keep begging around or asking for a sympathy . She just want to claim her right .

She approached Mr Cho who was still looking at her as if nothing happened . It was happened too fast when Soeun’s hand landed right on Mr. Cho cheek .

“ How could you , Seunghyun !”

 

Her daydreaming was stop when she felt someone hugged her from behind . When she recognized the soft and while pale hand , her lips immediately curled into a motherly smile . She stopped her task as she was cutting a fruit at the kitchen before her mind was wandering to somewhere else just now .

" Welcome home , dear ." greeted Soeun to the person who still hugging her tightly with the head resting on her shoulder .

" What are you doing , eomma ? Don't tire yourself , you've just got better ."

" You're worrying too much , kyu . I'm really fine today ...you cannot expect me to stay on the bed for the whole day right ?" said Soeun to his only son , Kyuhyun . She released herself from the hug and ruffled the 17 years old boy hair making the boy's lips formed a small pout .

" But eomma..." before Kyuhyun could say anything , his mouth was shoved with the apple by his mother . He unable to protest as his mouth was full making his white chubby cheek shined more . Soeun chuckled at her son's cuteness .

" Come on big baby , you just come back from school . Go to your room and take a bath . I'll prepare food for you ." Soeun pushed her son away who was still wanted to cling with her .

" Ahh...eomma ~~" whined Kyuhyun with his full mouth .

" Kyu...go to your room now !"

Kyuhyun giggled as he liked to tease his mother . He kissed his mother's cheek softly before running childishly while humming incoherent song to his room . Soeun's smiled warmly looking at her happy son .

Yes , her only son . Cho Kyuhyun , the one who was always with her to get through the hard time . Her source of strength and spirit whenever she got insulted by other people . Together with her son , she managed to regain her strength to stand on her feet since Kyuhyun was still in her womb . She was already happy since she had Kyuhyun by her side . These past years was nothing but hardship for her . She kept moving from one place to another place for her to sleep , many bad people wanted to get advantage on her . Her young age was only filled with tears . There were those time , that she had intended to give on her pregnancy as she couldn't stand to face all the hardship alone and blamed the baby for the suffering that she gone through . But , when she had those thought something inside her heart would told her to be more stronger until the baby was born . Something inside her told that the baby would gave her a new life .

Two years after Kyuhyun born , she had faced another obstacles when people spat her with a bad word for having a son without a father . She had to move from her place when people started to throw everything at her house . The rotten egg , the metal rod , the baseball bat and anything . She thought she could ignored all those threat and insult until one day there was heartless person who attemped to hurt her only two years old son . Kyuhyun was almost dead when that person tried to drown him into the basin that was outside her house . The toddler was playing outside the house when Soeun busied drying her clothes . Since that , she would always blamed herself for letting her son alone whenever she remembered those time .

She felt the most luckiest person and mother for having such a wonderful son like Kyuhyun . The boy never create a problem for her since he was a small kid as if he knew what his mother had gone through . Kyuhyun grew up as a very smart and active boy . Now here in Busan , he was always made his mother proud of him as Kyuhyun would always stay at the top ranks in his school . He was also one of the best player in football team for his school . The teachers and friends in his school doted on him a lot .

Despite his stoned face that he was always put on during his study in the class , he was actually a very bright and happy person . He would helped his mother's work as a fruit seller whenever he had free time or when he already finished his homework . Soeun often felt sorry and guilty for her son as he never complain for having a hard life or saying ' i'm tired' , ' i've had enough' when she asked for his help . Soeun always stopped Kyuhyun to help her but knowing her son , Kyuhyun would still helped her . That was the reason Soeun loved her son very much .

After the incident that happened to her 17 years ago in that mansion , she told herself to be more stronger and she could raised Kyuhyun on her own without that man on her side . Though she was really heartbroken when that man told her " it was mistake" , she never put a blame on that man because she didn't want Kyuhyun hated his father one day . As for Kyuhyun , he never knew about his father whereabout or existance though he always ask his mother since he was young . Being a small kid , it was hard for him to understand his mother's situation that made Soeun had a hard time to explain to him . She only told him his father was unable to be with them because he was always busy . As Kyuhyun grew up ,  he became more understanding and later he understood slowly the reason his father was not with him . Since that , he stopped asking his mother not wanting her to be sad anymore .

 

" I'm sorry ." Soeun stopped her work when she heard man's voice behind her .

She stood still to let the man finish his word . the memories of last night still lingering in her mind . There was no way this man would meet her now on his own in this mansion if there were someone else in here .

" I know what I said to you last night was the most cruel word that i've ever said . That night , it was totally out of my control . I'm sorry Soeun-ah . You knows it by yourself this pregnancy cannot be continue . It will ruin my future , my life and most importantly my marriage . I...."

" Stop it !!!" Soeun shouted as she unable to hold her feeling anymore . Her heart almost exploded by hearing those heartless word . Her tears started to trail down to her cheeks .

Mr Cho shocked to see the small figure in front of him shouting at him like that . His trembled hand wanted to hug the fragile body to calm her down . But he knew , he unable to do that . He knew those word were too cruel and heartless , but he had to say it .

" Just tell me , what do you want me to do , Cho Seunghyun-shi ? " said Soeun with her trembling voice .

" Abort the baby . It's still early Soeun so the abortion will not harm you in the future . You can still work here and act like nothing has happen . Please Soeun-shi , this is for me and your sake . You'll not want Yura know about this , am I right ? I know there's nowhere else you can go . You have no one here . You can work and stay here as much as you want ." said Mr Cho .

" No ! I'll never abort this baby . As much as I respect you , Seunghyun-shi...I never thought you're that heartless to ask to do such thing . How could you do this to me ? That night , you were the one who ruin my life ....you force me . For this two months , I rather to keep quiet about this because I was afraid Mdm Cho know and it will ruin your marriage until I found out there's another life living inside me . I was hoping that you would come and ask for forgiveness from me . But you never did that . You acted like nothing happen . How cruel are you , Seunghyun-shi ! No matter how many times or how much you want to pay me to abort this baby , I'll never do it . Never !" told Soeun . 

Mr Cho sighed loudly . He looked at his young maid helplessly ." You know I can't let everyone know about this right ?" asked Mr Cho .

Soeun didn't turn her body to face Mr Cho . She was ready to hear any possible answer from him as she knew there was nothing she could do . However , she kept in her mind no matter what happen she will never had the intention to abort her pregnancy . She waited for Mr Cho to continue his word .

" If you really want to keep the baby...get out from this house . I cannot let everyone know about my mistake ...you..can keep the pregnancy ...but don't ever come to see me or anyone else in this house . I already give you two choices Soeun-shi . Abort the baby..or leave ." said Mr Cho before he left the kitchen .

" If that what you want...Cho Seunghyun-shi .." muttered Soeun in her cried .

 

She knocked the door before walking inside the room . She shook her head when seeing her son already sleeping with his body sprawling on the bed without covered with blanket . Her lips curled into smiles while caressing the soft brown lock of her son .

" You must be very tired today . Sleep well , Kyu ." said Soeun while her hands pulling the blanket to cover the boy''s body . Kyuhyun snuggled in the blanket when he felt he was being covered with his hand suddenly holding Soeun's hand .

" I love you eomma ." Kyuhyun muttered in his sleep .

Soeun chuckled when she hearing it . " I love you too , dear ." said Soeun before she planted a soft kiss on both Kyuhyun's cheeks .

She left the room after switched off the lamp . Little did she knew , Kyuhyun smiled after getting a kiss from his mother .

" Don't leave me eomma ." said Kyuhyun before he drift into sleep again .

 


Chapter 1 is done <3

Drop a comment ~~

Enjoy the reading and welcome to my subscribers :)

Thank you so much