Chapter 3

Finding The Happiness

First of all I'm really sorry for not updating for so long . I suddenly lost my idea for this story and it was hard to get back on track . I'll try to update as fast as I can for the next chapter . Again , I'm sorry if this chapter kind of slow . Thank you for those who still waiting for this story :)

 


In Seoul...

“ Sajangnim .” the PA stood nervously in front of his employer whom he working for 15 years .

“ What is it ?” asked the well suited man who was still focusing on his job . Too many files that he needed to look and sign .

“ It’s about  Kim Soeun .” the word from his PA made him stop from his task and looked up to his PA . He didn’t say anything but waiting for Jinhyuk to continue his word .

“ I just got a news from our people in Busan , Kim Soeun is dead . The cause is still unknown . They will let me know when they arrive at the hospital .” explained Jinhyuk .

Mr.Cho froze at his seat as he still shocked at the news . ‘ it can’t be , I just met her last week . Soeun-ah.’ His mind suddenly remember about the certain boy that always in his mind .

“ What happened to the boy ?” His voice wavered as he tried not to cry .

“ He was at the school when she was sent to the hospital . I’ll ask our men to keep an eye on him .”

“ Book me at ticket to Busan .” said Mr.Cho firmly .

Jinhyuk bowed at his employer before walking out from the room .

“ Soeun-ah…why ?” Mr.Cho covered his face with both of his hand while his heart already crying for Soeun .

 

Soeun looked lovingly at her only son when he engrossed in solving mathematical problem . Sometimes , the said boy would crunched up his face , thinking so deeply to find the solution . She smiled at it .

“ Kyu , how many question left ?” asked the single mother after she put the hot chocolate milk on the table .

“ Eomma , I’m sorry for not noticing you . It’s only one question left .” said Kyuhyun with a smile .

“ It’s okay , dear . Don’t forget to drink this before you go to sleep.” She said while pointing at the the mug .

Kyuhyun only nodded obediently before he noticed his mother was still sitting  in front of him . “ Why you don’t go to sleep first ? You have to sleep early , eomma . You just got better .” asked Kyuhyun with a worry look on his face .

Soeun chuckled while smiling motherly at her worry son . “ I’m fine , son . I just want to look at you before you go to sleep . I miss my son so much .”

 

“ Eomma !” Shouted Kyuhyun as soon as he woke up from his faint . He looked around and noticed unfamiliar room he was in . Something clicked in his mind telling that he was in the hospital .The room was white and he could feel the tensed situation when woke up . He tried to remember the causes he fell into unconscious .

“ Kyu , you wake up .” said the old woman who just came in with bowl of water . She rushed to Kyuhyun’s side to look at the young kid . Seeing the puzzle look on the boy’s face , she guessed the boy must had not remember yet .

“ Why I’m here , halmeoni ?” Kyuhyun asked .

Grandma Lee decided to tell the truth but seeing the boy’s puppy looks . She couldn’t have heart to do so . Knowing sooner or later the boy will remember , she decided to do it thought it will crush the fragile heart of Kyuhyun .

“ Dear , you don’t remember how you end up here ?” asked Grandma Lee while caressing the soft brown hair before she grabbed the boy’s shoulder .

“ Kyuhyun-ah , listen to me . No matter what happen , I’m always with you dear .” said Grandma Lee with tears in her eyes .

“ W..why ..? What’s wrong ?” asked Kyuhyun as he started to get nervous . Then his mind suddenly remember about his mother whereabout . He started to notice his mother didn’t even come into this room since Grandma Lee was in .  His eyes began wandering around looking for his mother .

“ Where’s my eomma ?” asked Kyuhyun .

“ Kyuhyun-ah , your mother is gone . You remember the phone call you received this evening right ? It was me , Kyu . I told you , your mother is gone . She died due to concussion in her brain . She fell in the kitchen this evening when she tried to cook for the lunch kyu .” explained Grandma Lee .

“ Liar…liar…” muttered Kyuhyun who still in shock . His mind slowly regained the  memory about this evening . He had not move a bit and sat like a statue on the bed making Grandma Lee worried about him . Knowing how much the boy loved his mother so much , she couldn’t help but to hug him tightly and tried to sooth him with a calm word .

When she felt the boy had become calmer , she released the hug only to look at the boy’s sad eyes . The happiness that always shine in those big eyes were gone . She knew the death of his mother would bring the most part of him . She didn’t move a bit and only stared at those empty eyes gently .

Without realizing , Grandma Kim let her tears down while holding the boy’s hand . Kyuhyun had change for sure . “ Kyu-ah , listen to me . No matter where your mother are , remember she always in your heart . She will keep watching over you , Kyu . She proud to be a mother of you . She always want you to be happy .” said Grandma Lee .

“ Rest a bit , kyu . Don’t worry about the funeral . I’ll take care of it with the villagers .” added Grandma Lee when there was no response from the boy . She sighed loudly .

She walked to the door after making sure Kyuhyun didn’t cry anymore . She felt reluctant to leave the boy side . But she need settle everything regarding Kyuhyun mother .

“ Halmeoni …I want to see her for the last time .” said Kyuhyun suddenly , breaking the wall of silence .

She smile as a sign of relief when finally Kyuhyun said something after being quiet a long time . She knew the boy tried to find his strength back . “ Okay ..dear . Come and follow me .” She walked back to the bed and wrap the boy’s arm as if Kyuhyun would fall in any second.

Just when they opened the door , there was one well-suited man standing in front the ward . Grandma Lee was surprised at the newcomer and took a while trying to recognize the man . Kyuhyun who was standing beside her , didn’t interested at all to know the man in front him .

“ Who…are ..you ?” asked Grandma Lee .

“ It’s me..Ahjumma ” said the man . His eyes took a glance at the boy beside her .

You’ve grown up , Kyuhyun .”

 

 

What are you doing here ?” Grandma Lee asked . They sat at the chairs outside of Kyuhyun’s room . Kyuhyun was not with them as he was asked to visit her mother with the nurse first . He was reluctant at the beginning as he didn’t want to be alone . But since , Grandma Lee persuaded him gently , he obeyed .

“ I came here as soon as I got the news . I’m sorry ahjumma .” said Mr.Cho . He did not dare to look up at the old woman as Grandma Lee seemed to be angry with him .

Grandma Lee chuckled at his answer making Mr.Cho looking at her confusedly . “ You shouldn’t say sorry to me , Sajang-nim . The one who should hear your apologize are So eun and Kyu . Don’t tell me that you’ve done nothing wrong . You should know how much I despise you since I know the reason you left both of them . 16 years are not a short time .” said Grandma Lee with a slow voice not wanting to make commotion .

Mr.Cho sighed . No matter how many times he tried to explain , it was useless . “ I know you will never forgive me , I don’t deserve them . I was stupid for throwing them out . It was my fault from the beginning . But , I want to fix everything . Please give me a chance . I want to take Kyuhyun with me . Please give me a chance to be a father to Kyuhyun .” pleaded Mr.Cho .

Grandma Lee looked at him .“ I’m no one to them , Sajang – nim . I don’t think I can give the answer . You should ask Kyuhyun .” said Grandma Lee before she walk away .

Little did they knew , Kyuhyun was hiding behind the wall not far from them . He heard everything .

“ I have a father ?” asked Kyuhyun to himself .

 


Thank you and Happy reading :)