Running To You

A Kiss From A Rose
The final bell rang and Yeoreum gathered her things. Her thoughts on her conversation with Dayoung and Yeonjung circled through her mind.
 
I need to go talk to her, Yeoreum thought. Rose is still my friend and I like our friendship. This shouldn't change anything. With a little bit of encouragement, she walked out of class to Rose's locker.
 
Once she got there, Yeoreum paused. She saw Rose grabbing her things out of her locker, but someone else was with her.
 
Oh, it's that guy that keeps flirting with Rose. Junhoe, I think? Yeoreum asked herself. She could see the annoyed expression on Rose's face and Junhoe's smirk.
 
Yeoreum scowled. She did not like how Junhoe kept asking her out, even when she would say no. She wished that he would leave her alone.
 
A sudden bang interrupted her thoughts. Yeoreum blinked and turned her head toward the sound. Junhoe had his hand on Rose's arm, pinning her against the lockers.
 
The other students stopped to look as well.
 
Rose said something to Junhoe, while Junhoe kept pleading her. Yeoreum's blood began to boil, her hands curled into fists. Without thinking, she started walking toward the two. Her hand gripped onto Junhoe's arm.
 
"Let. Go." Rose and Junhoe looked to Yeoreum. Rose gasped.
 
"Yeoreum?" Rose asked. Yeoreum didn't look at Rose instead focusing on Junhoe.
 
"Who are you?" Junhoe asked raising his eyebrow.
 
"You're hurting my friend," Yeoreum replied, ignoring his question.
 
"This is something between me and Rosie, okay? So but out." Yeoreum pursed her lips in anger. Rose swore she saw steam coming out of Yeoreum's ears.
 
"As I said. Let. Go." Yeoreum dug her nails into Junhoe's skin. Junhoe squirmed and let go of Rose. He rubbed the claw marks and sneered at Yeoreum.
 
"Whatever. We'll talk later," Junhoe said to Rose, and walked away. The students finally continued on with their business. Yeoreum took a deep breath and turned toward Rose.
 
"Are you okay?" she asked. Rose nodded her head.
 
"Thanks," she said quietly. Yeoreum held Rose's arm and examined it. The slight touch made them both shiver. Her skin looked as red as her hair and small purple bruises began forming on her arm.
 
"That jerk. Try and stay away from him, okay?" Yeoreum said sternly. She continued to rub Rose's arm gently. Rose blushed. She kind of liked seeing Yeoreum so protective over her.
 
Yeoreum lifts her eyes and meets Rose's. She sees warmth in her eyes, as if she's both flustered and happy to see Yeoreum. Yeoreum liked that about Rose; she was always greeted with a comforting gaze. Her thoughts went back to what her friends' said.
 
"Rose, I-"
 
"Yeoreum-ah!" Both girls turned toward the sound of Vernon walking to them. Yeoreum dropped Rose's arm and put her's to her sides.
 
"Oh! Hey, Vernon," Yeoreum said, surprised by his sudden appearance. Vernon wrapped his arm around Yeoreum's shoulder, kissing the top of her head. Rose slightly grimanced, but managed to hide it.
 
"Hi, Rose." Rose waved to him. "How are you doing?"
 
"Other than be cornered by Junhoe again, I'm fine," Rose replied. Vernon furrowed his brows.
 
"Man, that guy needs to know when to back off," Vernon scoffed.
 
"Yeah," Yeoreum mumbled. Rose rubbed her arm again. Yeoreum wanted to comfort Rose, but forced herself to stay in place.
 
Even after most of the students exited the hallway, the three of them stood in place. It didn't feel awkward for one, but it did for the other two.
 
"So, are you ready to go?" Vernon asked, breaking the silence.
 
"Huh," Yeoreum snapped back to reality. "Ah yeah. I just need to grab my stuff from my locker."
 
"Alright. Then lets go," Vernon replied brightly.
 
"Um, see you later, Rose," Yeoreum said, blushing.
 
 
"Bye." Yeoreum ducked her head and started walking away. Confused, Vernon waved goodbye to Rose and followed his girlfriend.  Rose waved back, although lazily.
 
She turned back to her locker and continued stuffing her backpack. She stopped when she looked at her beat-red arm. Rose remembered the way Yeoreum looked at Junhoe with anger, determined to protect her. She thought back to when Yeoreum was beginning to say something, before Vernon interupted them.
 
"What was she going to say?" Rose muttered to herself. Rose bit her lip thinking of Yeoreum touching her arm. A shiver went up from her hand as she gently grazed her skin.
 
She shook herself from thinking about it. "She was probably going to apologize for not talking to me. I hope she does now."
 
With that, Rose shut her locker and walked out of the school. Touching her arm one last time, she smiled dreamily.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here is Part 2! I was going to wait until a couple of days later to post this, but I got too excited and have kept you guys waiting long enough.

Was it a satisfying conclusion? Both girls are such repressers of their own feelings, like guys. Lol

I'm honestly still surprised at all the love this story is receiving. Seriously, thank you so much. ^_^

Love Ya! <3

Geeky

 

 

 

 

(ALSO CAN WE TALK ABOUT "As If It's Your Last's" TEASER LIKE HOLY GOD THEY'RE ALL SO BEAUTIFUL AND I JUST KNOW THIS SONG IS GOING TO BE A BOP AHHHHHHHHHH! Okay I'm done.)