The First

A Kiss From A Rose

"Ughhhhh! This math homework is hard. Stupid Advanced Calculus," Rose muttered to herself as she placed her chin on her palm. She looked over to Yeoreum, who was sprawled on her bed currently watching a music video with earbuds.


"Hey Yeoreum," Rose called out. Yeoreum didn't answer her. Rose tried again, a little louder this time. Nothing. Rose puffed her cheeks in annoyance. She walked over to her and pulled an earbud out. "Lee Jinsook!"


"Yah, you didn't have to yell," Yeroeum replied, rubbing her ear.


"You weren't answering me so I took drastic measures." Yeoreum paused the music video and scoffed.


"Right. Drastic measures. And YOU'RE probably trying to get out of doing that, right?" She pointed to Rose's incomplete math work on her desk.


"You caught me. It's so borrrrrrrring~" Rose dropped her head onto the bed. Yeoreum giggled and messed with the other girl's hair.


"You're so weird."


"But you love me anyways." Rose motioned for Yeoreum to scoot over. Yeoreum moved to the left and made enough room for Rose to lie beside her. Yeoreum placed her head on Rose's shoulder, making Rose lean on the latter's crown.


"So, what do you want to talk about?" Yeoreum asked.


"Anything that's not related to that hell over there," Rose pointed back at her desk. Yeoreum smiled at her friend's comment. "Oh! How are you and Vernon doing?" Vernon is Yeoreum's boyfriend and have been dating for around a month.


"Fine," Yeoreum repiled blandly. Rose lifted her head off of Yeoreum's and shot her a confused look.


"Just fine?"


"Yep." Yeoreum picked up her phone and almost unlocked it before having it be taken by Rose.


"Hold up. A week ago, you were absolutely gushing about him. Like, "His smile is just the sweetest thing ever~ And when he looks at me, I just about melt~" Rose dramatically imitated. Yeroeum pushed Rose's arm playfully.


"I don't sound like that."


"Yeah you do." Rose pushed Yeoreum back. "So, what's wrong?"


Yeoreum looked down at her hands and started twiddling her thumbs. Rose knows this means the younger girl is nervous. After a few seconds of Yeoreum not talking, Rose grabbed Yeoreum's right hand and intertwined it with her left. Yeoreum sighed.


"Something happened a couple of days ago. We were on his couch, watching a movie, and I look up to see him staring at me. He smiles like I'm "the sweetest thing in the world," Yeoreum copies Rose from earlier, earning a laugh from her. "Our eyes lock and I can see him slowly lean in... to kiss me."


"So?" Rose asks. Yeoreum turns her head to Rose in disbelief.


"So, I've never kissed anyone before. At that moment I just, panicked."


"What did you do?"


"I turned my face so that he would kiss my cheek instead." Yeoreum stuffed her face into her pillow and groaned.


"Groaning is not going to solve anything, Yeoreum." She grabbed the pillow off the younger girl's face, the latter giving her a pout. "Did you say anything after that?" Yeoreum sighed.


"I said "Sorry" awkwardly and he said that it was okay, but the entire night was ruined because of that and it's all my fault." Yeoreum closed her eyes tightly, recalling the night in her head.


"Yah, He's still with you, isn't he?" Yeoreum nodded. "Then that means he still WANTS to be with you. Now open your eyes." Yeoreum opened her eyes as she was told. Rose puffed out her cheeks and put her fists on them.


"Everything will be alright, Yeoreum-ah~" Rose said using agyeo. This caused Yeoreum to start laughing. Rose joined her and they both laid down on the bed.


"Never do that again," Yeoreum said in the middle of her laughter.


"But it worked, right?"


"I guess." The laughter died down after a little bit, and Rose and Yeoreum stared up at the ceiling.


"I just don't my first kiss with my first boyfriend to be terrible. That's all." Yeoreum said breaking the silence.


"I'm sure Vernon would understand. He's a good guy."


"Maybe I just need-" Yeoreum cut off. She looked at Rose."Practice..." Rose turned her head to face Yeoreum. Rose was confused with what she said.


"What are you-" Rose stopped herself when she saw the look in Yeoreum's eyes. She knew the younger girl had an idea. "You don't mean...?"


"Will you kiss me for practice?" Rose's eyes bulged at the question.


"Nope. Nope nope nope." Rose got up and walked to the other end of the room.


"Oh come on, Rose. Please?" Yeoreum pleaded.


"We're friends, Yeoreum. Wouldn't things be awkward?"


"It might be, but like you said, we're friends. It's not like I'm kissing a stranger. I know you," Yeoreum tried to reason. "Plus, I know you've kissed people before so you have more experience." Rose turned back toward Yeoreum and looked at her as if she lost her mind.


"And you think that's a legitamate reason for me specifically to kiss you?" Yeoreum nodded firmly and said yes. Rose rubbed her eyes in frustration. When she uncovered them, she was met with a gaxe that would have Puss in Boots running for his money.


"Please?" Yeoreum asked cutely. Rose's hands curled at the agyeo being thrown at her. After a few seconds, Rose finally caved in.


"FINE, I'll do it. Just put that face away." Yeoreum's face lit up and she clapped excitedly at the agreement. Rose sits back onto the bed, tucking her legs underneath her. Yeoreum sits up from the bed and crosses her leg right leg over her left.


"I want you to close your eyes," Rose said calmly.


"Why-" Yeoreum was cut off by Rose.


"Just do it." Yeoreum sighed and closed her eyes. She clasped her hands together and began to twiddle her thumbs again.


"Kissing isn't just the touching of lips to lips," Rose explained. "It's about trust, as well. It's a special act between two people who like, love, and care about each other a lot. You wouldn't want some stranger to kiss you because there wouldn't be anything special to the kiss. Do you understand so far?" Yeoreum nodded her head.


"Now, are you ready?" Rose asks. Butterflies began dancing in Yeoreum's stomach. She nervously nods her head and signals Rose to continue. "If you want, you could hold my hand and squeeze it if you want me to stop." Rose opened her right hand and laid it on her leg.


"N-no thank you. I think I'll be fine," Yeoreum replied. Rose took a deep breath, in and out. She slowly leans in toward Yeoreum's face. Their lips were barely a centimeter apart when Rose felt Yeoreum take her hand. Rose smiles at the action. Rose looks back at Yeoreum before closing her eyes and their lips together.


Something felt different when their lips met; Something neither of them have felt before. It was like electicity coursed through them when their lips touched.


They continued in that position until Yeoeum felt Rose move her lips against hers. Not knowing what to do, Yeoreum followed her. They moved in perfect harmony, as if they'd kissed each other a hundred times. Without thinking, Yeoreum used her free hand to cup it onto Rose's cheek. Rose slightly moaned at the younger girl's sudden touch. Just as the kiss was becoming more heated, a phone rang.


"Boombayah! *music* Yah yah yah Boombayah!" Both girls let go of the kiss. While the phone kept repeating itself, they stared at each other, still processing what just happened between them.


"I better, um, get that," Rose mumbled. Yeoreum sat on the bed quietly and nodded. Rose got offthe bed and went over to her phone. She picked it up and answered.


"Hello? Oh hi, mom... I'm at Yeoreum's." Rose turned to said girl who was still in the same position she left her in.


"So what's up?... Alright. I'll be home as soon as I can... Okay. Love you too. Bye." Rose ended the call and looked at Yeoreum.


"Hey. Yeoreum," Rose called to Yeoreum. The girl didn't answer. The situation was similar to the one earlier, except for the different circumstances. Rose got closer to Yeoreum until her was next to her's. "Lee Jinsook!" Yeoreum snapped out of her trance and looked at Rose.


"Yeah?" Yeoreum asked, finally talking.


"I have to go. My mom is making dinner soon and I have to be there ASAP." Rose got up from the bed and started gathering her things. Yeoreum took the opportunity to stare at Rose, but this time more specifically. The way Rose stuffed her notebooks in her backpack, the way her hair kept falling over her face so she'd have to push it behind her ears, her almost calm ecpression throughout the packing. Yeoreum quickly looked away when Rose finished.


"I'll see you later, okay?" Rose assured. Yeoreum nodded without saying a word. Rose sighed and walked toward the door. Before she exited, Yeoreum spoke up.


"Thanks. You know, for the... help." The atmosphere became awkward as neither of them knew what to say.


"No problem. It was," Rose paused. "Nothing." With that said, she turned and walked out the door. As she exited the house, she began to think to herself.


"That feeling, when I kissed Yeoreum. What was that?" Yeoreum, on the other hand, was curled up on her bed, her mind racing a mile a minute. She squeezed her pillow as she whispered,


"Rose."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello again! Sorry to make you wait. I just wanted to see if anyone would actually be interested in this story. (Holy god, 23 subs and 2 upvotes? You guys are awesome!)

I hope you liked this chapter and stay tuned in for more. It's worth noting that I do have two jobs and am applying to college so if I'm late on updating, that's probably why.

Anyways~

Love Ya! <3

Geeky