Running From You

A Kiss From A Rose
"All I'm saying is if she wants to keep her relationship a secret, she shouldn't actively text him during class and then pretend like she's not when she gets caught. Right?" Dayoung babbled along. Yeonjung kept her gaze on her phone and nodded.
 
"Totally," Yeonjung replied slightly bored of her friend's gossiping. Dayoung smiled to Yeonjung happily.
 
The two girls chatting amongst themselves linked by the arms were walking toward the cafeteria. Meanwhile, a third girl lingered behind. She hadn't talked to them much and not contibuting to their conversations. She lifted her finger to graze her lips for the umpteenth time, remembering the feeling of a pair of lips against hers. Her heart began to pound in her chest at the thought. Without even realizing it, she walked straight into a wall.
 
"Ow!" she whined. She held her nose gently and scrunched her eyes shut. Yeonjung and Dayoung stopped their talking and rushed to her side.
 
"Are you okay, Yeoreum?" Dayoung asked worriedly.
 
"Yeah. I'm okay. Guess I wasn't looking at where I was going," Yeoreum mumbled. She rubbed her nose, fortunate that she wasn't bleeding.
 
"You've been kind of quiet today. Is there something on your mind?" Yeonjung asked. Yeoreum looked between her two friends' worried faces. She shook her head.
 
"I'm fine, guys. Today just isn't my day." Yeoreum nervously grinned at Dayoung and Yeonjung. Both girls cautiously nodded.
 
"Okay then. Let's go get some lunch," Yeonjung said, connecting her hand with Yeoreum's.
 
"Yay! Lunch!" Dayoung replied, grabbing her other hand. Yeoreum smiled at her friends and walked toward the cafeteria.
 
What the heck, Yeoreum! You have to stop thinking about Rose and the kiss, Yeoreum thought to herself. The kiss was completely platonic and it was to help you for your first kiss with Vernon. Now, get out of your own head and enjoy lunch with your awesome friends.
 
They walked through the entryway into the cafeteria. As per usual, it was invested with students, almost making it hard to see if there was any available seating. The three girls seamlessly slipped in line to grab their food. With food on their trays, they looked around for a place to sit.
 
"Alright. Where should we sit today?" Yeonjung asked dramatically, waving arm around the room. Yeoreum looked around for empty seats, then suddenly froze. She saw Rose eating lunch with her friend, Lisa. Her face seemed disinterested in Lisa's talking, looking down at her food blankly. Her face almost glowed against the lighting and her bright hair fell perfectly. Yeoreum was reminded her of how she felt then, how she feels now.
 
Without much thought, Yeoreum practically ran out of the cafeteria. Dayoung and Yeonjung gave each other confused looks and followed their friend out. When they exited, they found her sitting against the wall. She nervously played with her food.
 
"Yeoreum, what is going on? Why'd you run away like that?" Dayoung asked with a firm tone. Yeoreum covered her face with her hair.
 
"I'm sorry," Yeoreum mumbled.
 
"You're making us worried, Jinsook," Yeonjung replied, using Yeoreum's real name. "You can tell us anything. You know that, right?" Dayoung nodded along with Yeonjung. Yeoreum gulped and looked up to them.
 
"It's about Rose..." she answered.
 
"Rose?" Both girls asked, looking at Yeoreum oddly. Yeoreum started eating her food, picking at little bits.
 
"What does she have to do with this?" Yeonjung asked as she sat next to Yeoreum. Dayoung followed suit. "Did something happen between you two?"
 
"Something like that," Yeoreum replied. "I did something stupid."
 
"Like that's not normal," Dayoung joked. That earned a glare from Yeonjung. Dayoung held her hands in front of her, protecting herself.
 
"So what happened?" Yeonjung calmly asked the eldest of the three. Yeoreum stopped eating her food before she began to tell her story. Dayoung and Yeonjung listened intently as Yeoreum spoke about Vernon, all the way to the kiss.
 
"You asked her to KISS YOU?!" Dayoung nearly yelled.
 
"Shut it!" Yeoreum whispered and smacked the girl's head. "I thought it was a good idea!" Dayoung covered her head with her hands and pouted toward the oldest girl.
 
"You didn't have to hit me," Dayoung grumbled.
 
"Sorry," Yeoreum apologized quietly.
 
"Like you said, it was a kiss. That it was purely to prepare you for your first kiss with Vernon, right?" Yeonjung confirmed, Yeoreum nodding to her. "So why did run away from her just now?"
 
Yeoreum stared straight ahead then closed her eyes tightly. She took a deep breath and exhaled, not entirely sure how to say what she wanted to say.
 
"Because I felt something," she admitted. Dayoung and Yeonjung stared at each other wide-eyed.
 
"What?" they both asked. Yeoreum squeezed her eyes tight again and dropped her head.
 
"I felt something and... liked it," Yeoreum repeated.
 
"Does that mean..." Yeonjung started.
 
"I don't know. I don't know what it means. All I know is that I'm with Vernon and I need to avoid Rose." Yeoreum firmly placed her fist on her leg.
 
"Okay. Avoiding your problems is NEVER the answer," Dayoung replied.
 
"Why not?" Yeoreum whined.
 
"Because problems don't get solved when nothing happens. They need to be faced," Dayoung explains. Yeonjung gives her an approved thumbs up. Dayoung dramatically bows.
 
"Thank you thank you. I try." Dayoung smiles brightly, playing it up. Yeonjung and Yeoreum rolled their eyes at their friend. It made Yeoreum smile a bit.
 
"I'm just nervous about talking to her. I don't want whatever this feeling is to impact my friendship with her."
 
"Then don't let it," Yeonjung said. "It was one kiss, afterall."
 
"And you've got Vernon. By the way, I'm so jealous," Dayoung added. Yeoreum smiled more at her comment.
 
"There's that smile we love," Yeonjung playfully teased.
 
"Thanks, guys. I feel better." Dayoung dragged the other two into a group hug, nearly suffocating them. After they broke the hug, Yeonjung checked her watch.
 
"Oh geez! Lunch is over in five minutes! We need to eat fast!" The three girls began devouring their food, not caring of whoever walked past them.
 
-----------------------------------------------------
Hello! You missed me? ;)
Sorry about that. I begin to write bit by bit, and then stop when I don't have inspiration. But with WJSN's comeback and Blackpink's impending comeback, I felt it was time to update.
So, I'm making this a two-parter to make up for the lack of updates. Just be a little more paitent. I will release the other chapter soon.
For now, thanks for reading and I'll see you later.
Love Ya! <3
Geeky