Pinky Promise

A Kiss From A Rose
Lunch time rolled around at school and Rose was eating with her friend, Lisa. Even though the cafeteria was bustling with students, Rose didn't hear any of it. Instead thinking about a certain girl and what happened between them.
 
"Ew. This meat tastes so dry. I can't even chew it fully." Lisa spit the meat onto her napkin and gently placed it on the tray. "What do you think it's made of?" Lisa asked. Rose gave a simple "hmm" as a response. Lisa frowned.
 
"Rose?" Said girl looked up and saw Lisa frowning at her.
 
"Yeah?"
 
"Have you been listening to me at all?"
 
"Nope," Rose replied plainly.
 
"Geez, you don't have to be so blunt." Lisa crossed her arms and pouted.
 
"Sorry, Lisa. I've just got something on my mind." Rose picked a piece of meat from her tray and took a bite. She stuck her tongue out in disgust, letting the meat fall onto the tray.
 
"Should have listened," Lisa said matter-of-fact. Rose glared at her friend.
 
"So what's bothering you?" Rose bit her lip nervously.
 
"If I tell you, you have to promise not to repeat it to anyone."
 
"Don't worry. I won't," Lisa replied. Rose stuck her left pinky out.
 
"Really?" Rose nodded, leaning her pinky toward Lisa. Lisa scoffed as she connected their pinky's and touched their thumbs together. Rose turned her head, scoping the area to see if anyone was listening to them.
 
"You know Yeoreum, right?"
 
"Yeah. You hang with her a lot. Why?" Rose sighed. She dug her fingers through her hair.
 
"Long story short... we kissed." Lisa's eyes bulged. Rose giggled silently thinking it was funny as the younger girl's eyes were big to begin with.
 
"You what?!" Lisa yelled. Rose covered Lisa's mouth were hands and hushed her. Some students curiously looked at the two before continuing with their own conversations.
 
"You kissed her?" Lisa whispered. "How the hell did that happen?"
 
"Well, Yeoreum was talking about something that happened with her boyfriend involving kissing. She said she had never kissed anyone before and was nervous about her first kiss with her first boyfriend. So she came up with the idea to kiss me for practice."
 
"But why you?"
 
"She said that she trusted me. And because I have... experience," Rose said as she blushed and played with the ends of her hair.
 
"Hahaha! She's not wrong about that," Lisa laughed. Rose punched Lisa's upper arm. Lisa whined slightly, rubbing her injured arm.
 
"Not the point. So, we kiss. After that, my mom called me to come home and then I left. Now, Yeoreum won't talk to me."
 
"You haven't seen her at all today?" Rose crossed her arms on the table and placed her chin on top of them.
 
"No. I don't get it. Why won't she talk to me?" Rose quietly whined, pouting like a child. Lisa snickered.
 
"So, did you like it?"
 
"Like what?"
 
"The kiss." Rose's head jolted up from the table.
 
"I mean, it was okay. Umm, it wasn't like there was anything wrong," Rose muttered. She scratched her nape nervously. Lisa's lips slowly crawled upwards watching Rose stutter.
 
"It was really nice, actually," she added as she placed her palm on her cheek. "You wouldn't have known she had never kissed anyone..." she trailed off. Rose then thought about the way Yeoreum lips were on hers, like she was kissing velvet; The way the girl moved with her so easily. And then when Yeoreum held onto her cheek. Rose unconciously smiled.
 
Lisa raised her eyebrow at the daydreaming girl and was about to interagate her more, but the tone rang for lunch to end. Rose shook her head and blinked, bringing herself back to reality. She quickly stood up and walked out of the cafeteria, a smirking Lisa following her.

The final bell rang and students started piling into the hallway. Rose exited her classroom yawning, already tired from the day. She narrowly avoided the oncoming traffic of students and reached to her locker.
 
As she turned through her combination, she heard someone lean against the locker next to hers.
 
"Hey~" the voice crooned. Rose stopped turning her lock and groaned. Shifting her gaze toward the voice, she scowled.
 
"What do you want, Junhoe?" Junhoe smiled at Rose, placing his head on the locker. He'd been trying to court Rose for the past year to no avail. That hasn't stop him, however, from continuing to court her.
 
"Can't I just talk to a pretty girl?" Rose finally got her locker open and started grabbing her things and stuffing them in her backpack.
 
"There are plenty of other pretty girls who would give anything for your attention."
 
"But there's only one girl I'm giving my attention to."
 
"You're wasting your time."
 
"Aw come on, Rosie." Rose slammed her locker and looked straight at Junhoe.
 
"Stop calling me Rosie," Rose said. She tried to walk away, but he grabbed her arm. "Let go of me."
 
"Can't we just talk about us for a second?"
 
"No." She pulled but he pulled back and slammed her against the lockers. The noise startled a few students, causing them to stop and watch.
"Look, this won't take long. Lets just go somewhere private and talk about this," Junhoe said in a hushed voice. Junhoe held onto her arm a little tighter. Rose winced at the pain.
 
Suddenly, a hand appeared and grabbed Junhoe's arm.
 
"Let. Go." Junhoe and Rose looked to the voice. The latter gasped.
 
"Yeoreum?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, guys! I'm finally back with chapter two! This doesn't happen often, believe it or not, so I'm very excited.

​Why did Yeoreum not answer her? Will the two girls finally talk? What is Lisa thinking? We'll see about that. ;)

​So subscribe, comment, and upvote if you liked it.

Love Ya! <3

​Geeky