Why are you so interested?

Between Friends

Jimin:

Still half asleep, Jimin stumbles out of the bathroom and makes his way into the kitchen, his mouth watering from whatever it is Jin is making. Gosh, that smells good. He sits down while yawning and then realises that those cannot be Seokjin's feet. Those feet are small and cute, not at all like Hyung's. There's a girl in our kitchen. Whose is she? Usually, nobody has a girl stay past sunrise, and even if they do, she definitely doesn't go around the house cooking and stuff.

Although it's wrong, he can't help but drink her in. He can't see her face, but the way she's standing with one foot propped upon the other, her bare legs gently caressing each other, dressed in nothing but a men's shirt and her hair still kind of messy from the night before, he'd take her right now. Jimin, he tells himself, you've got to get laid.

When she turns around, he has no idea how to react.

"Oh, hi. You scared me, I'm Taehyung's friend, Y/-" You say after recovering from the fright.

"Y/N. Yeah, I remember. It's nice to see you again." He says with a smile, recognising you. From the look on your face he can tell you can't remember him for . That's disappointing. "Ahh, you don't remember? Tae tried to set us up a few months ago. But you left to feed your cat or something?"

Your face reddens instantly at the memory. "Oh, right, yeah. I'm sorry about that, I was definitely not in my right mind that day. How'd you even remember me?"

"Well, it was the first and last blind date I went on, so um, I guess you can say you made a lasting impression." He answers with a chuckle.

"Oh. I'm sorry for ruining it for you. Err, aside from blind dates, I'm also bad with names, what was yours again?"

"Jimin." An awkward silence starts setting in. "So you and Taehyung decided to take your relationship up a notch, huh?" He asks, gesturing at your appearance.

"What? No, its not like that." The front door opens.

"Honey, I'm home!" Taehyung shouts. "Y/N? Babe..." Taehyung sings. Jimin shoots you a look and chuckles.

At that, you face palm and then add, "It really isn't."

~

Y/N:

"Hey beautiful." Taehyung says, pecking your cheek. "What are you cooking? It smells great." He asks, washing his hands. That Jimin guy smirks.

"'Sup Chimchim? How's your back?"

"Ah, much better, I'll go with you to class after lunch."

Seeing your confusion, Taehyung explains, "He hurt himself at dance practice a couple of days ago."

"You're studying performing arts too?" You ask.

"Yeah, what are you doing?"

"What's it to you?" Taehyung answers sort of protectively, flashing a dangerous look at his friend. To you he says, "I went by your place to get some fresh clothes and stuff I thought you'd need over the next few days. I wasn't sure if you'd be ready to..." he trails off as he sees you tear up. "Sorry." He says getting up to hug you.

Picking up on the shifting mood, Jimin awkwardly gets up and announces that he's going to wash up and get dressed for class. He walks away, and once again, you cry wholeheartedly into Taehyung's chest.

"Sweetie, he really isn't worth your tears. Please don't cry."

~

Taehyung:

If I see that arsehole today, I don't know if I'll be able to hold back. I know she asked me to pretend as if I don't know anything, but really. How could that er be so cruel? Cheating on her with her roommate...He thinks, on the way back to college with Jimin.

"So her boyfriend cheated on her? I'm sorry to ask, but I couldn't help overhearing earlier."

"Yeah, she walked in on him with her roommate yesterday. I feel so bad for bringing them together. They didn't even notice her standing there, ing bastards." He mutters, his knuckles white as he grips the steering wheel.

"What a ." Jimin replies, adding, "Wait, if you set them up, then is he someone I know?"

"Why are you so interested? You don't even know her." he asks, annoyed.

"Well I did go on a date with the girl and she couldn't get out of there fast enough, so I just want to know how he's better than me."

Even though he's pissed, he feels bad for taking it out on Jimin, especially when he's clearly doubting himself, as always, so he answers, "Choi Inho. The one in our English class."

Then, out of nowhere,"She's the girlfriend?!" Jimin exclaims.

He brakes hard and the car comes to a screeching halt. "What? How do you even know about that?"

"He spoke to me about her once. Aai, the poor girl, he's been cheating for months now."

"Go on. What else did he say?" Taehyung encourages, wanting to get to the bottom of things.

"He didn't say much, just that since he isn't a 'jerk', he didn't want to dump her just because she's a , but 'a guy has needs' so...you know..."

"When was this?"

"Three, maybe for months ago?"

"ing bastard. That face better steer clear of me today, because I really don't know if I'll be able to pretend that nothings up." He starts driving again.