Do I make you nervous?

Between Friends

Prologue

Six months ago:

Sitting across from you was probably one of the most beautiful examples of a human male specimen you'd ever seen, you realised as you let your eyes travel back up from the outline of his ripped torso just visible as it pressed gently against his black shirt, his collar bones gingerly peeking out at the top, further drawing your attention to the bare flesh of his throat desperately clinging to his Adam's apple. His defined, chiseled jaw giving way to a charming, angelic face with pink, soft plump lips and a mop of black hair, through which he couldn't seem to stop running his hands.

you Tae! You wanted to scream aloud. Seriously, you should have known he would set you up with someone gorgeous, why wouldn't he, when it's all he's ever done. Like, if he was going to pull this, he could at least try to set me up with someone I'd actually stand a chance with.

The waitress came over with your drinks, setting them down seemingly loudly and gave you more time to decide on the orders for your food.

"So you know Taehyung?" He asked, fidgeting with the coaster, attempting to break the silence you'd awkwardly been drowning in since the boy in question had left you.

"Oh, yeah. We grew up together." You quickly replied.

"Ohh..." and just like that, the two of you once again plunged into that awkward silence.

Watching him gulp down his beer, you piped up, looking over your menu at him, "How did you guys meet?"

"College. We're in some of the same classes." Nervously, he added, "Sorry I'm so bad at this...its just I didn't know he would dump us here together, I mean he told me we'd be meeting some friends for dinner and a movie. Really, I'm usually much more charming..." he trailed off, flashing a half smile.

"Ha, no it's okay, at least you knew there were plans of sorts. He literally just showed up at my house, dressed me, marched me out the door and put me in his car."

His eyebrows shot up. "You just let him do that?"

"Well, have you met Tae? I mean, protesting became so exhausting, I just learned to it up after the first few times. Like seriously, you tell the guy one time you don't think you're cut out for love and h-" You cut yourself off when you saw his eyes widen and then soften at what you had just blurted out.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm not weird or anything, it's just that I've never really cared much for anyone in a romantic way, for me it was always just about the physical-" his small eyes became impossibly round again, "Oh my gawsh, why is this even coming out of my mouth?" Clearing your throat, you added, "You know what? I'm just going to shut up now."

He just chuckled at that, turning you a deeper red than the wine you were sipping on. "You're cute." he stated with a retarded smile on his face.

I can't do this.

Fiddling with the stem of your glass, you asked, "Actually, could we just skip the dinner and movie?"

"And get straight to the good part?" He asked back, adding a wink, tormenting you further.

"What? Noooo, that's not what I meant." You replied, covering your face with your hands.

Again, he laughed at your discomfort, but answered seriously, "We could skip it if you'd like, although Taehyung did already buy the tickets, it'd be a shame to waste it. Plus I've got to drop you off."

"Um, ahh, I can just take a cab, really, and the movie isn't going to start for another hour anyway, so you know, you can just call someone you want to take and go with her, or him, whatever you prefer, I won't judge."

He leans in, over the table, staring into your eyes, "Do I make you nervous?"

Yup. There's no way I'll make it through the night like this.

"No." You answer a bit too defensively. "But I actually have to leave. I have to feed my roommate's cat." You lie, adding, "Besides, I'm not in the right frame of mind tonight..."

"Oh, okay." He says, sitting back. "I get it, I'm not really in the mood for it either, I just didn't want to disappoint you and have Taehyung go all ape- on my ..." he said, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

After paying for your drinks, you stood up and made your way to the entrance of the restaurant together.

Once outside, he waited with you for your taxi. When it arrived, he said, "It was nice meeting you, Y/N. Enjoy your evening with the 'cat'."

Well, I guess he saw right through that, at least I'm never gonna have to see him again.

With a weak smile, you answered, climbing in, "Right, enjoy yours too. Goodbye."

~

Present day:

Maybe I am cut out for love, after all.  You think, still half asleep, snuggling closer to Inho. It's been five months since you started dating and you've actually fallen for this guy. Seriously, I might actually love him.

He kisses your forehead and pulls you even closer. "We should probably get up if we're going to class..." he murmurs in your ear.

"Mmmh, five more minutes."

He moves to get up. "Come on babe, its a big day for you. Get ready while I go make some breakfast."

You sit up slowly, "Ugh, don't remind me. Please, let's just stay in today? We only really need to go to class after lunch." You beg with a pout, trying to pull him back down.

He leans down, pecks you and whispers, "Get done, mmh?"

You plop back down and mock cry into your pillow, filled with nervousness for the presentation you'll have to deliver this evening.

When you arrive at college, he squeezes your hand and wishes you luck as you won't have the chance to see each other before the presentation that will decide your fate. "I'll come by your place later, okay?" He takes your face in his hands and kisses you softly, "You'll do well, don't worry."

~

To your suprise, it actually wasn't all that bad. It wasn't great, but the judging panel didn't seem to completely hate your ideas, you could answer all of their questions and the whole event finished about an hour earlier than expected, so you took it as a win.

"Bang, bang, bang!" you sing along as I turn up the music in your car, "Pangya, pangya, pangya!"

When you get home, you see Inho's car parked in front and squeal in delight, thinking he probably came early to prepare dinner or something to surprise you when you get back. You consider giving him more time to prepare but want to get the evening started as soon as possible. You've been thinking about it for a couple of weeks now and decided that tonight will be the night. You're finally going to give yourself to him. I love him.

You rush up to the front door and enter quietly so as to surprise him. Coming into the lounge, you find it dimly lit with a guy on top of your roommate. Scarred by the sight, you turn to leave. Where is Inho? Why is he here when Caitlin's busy ing some dude? He wasn't in his car either.

The guy then murmurs something to her and you whip around, recognising his voice.

That's my Inho with her.