Chapter 7

Doctor's Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hye Jeong and Ji Hong visited the old restaurant where Ji Hong had been visiting since he was at college. The foods they ordered had came.

“Wow.. look tasty!”. Hye Jeong’s eyes looked shining.

Ji Hong who was happy enough to see Hye Jeong’s smile then said, “Gurae? Let’s eat!”

When Hye Jeong was about to take the chopstick, she suddenly covered with hands. Ji Hong who noticed there was something wrong with Hye Jeong just stared at her, shocked. “What’s wrong? Are you okay?”

In his mind, there had already a thought that he wished for, that Hye Jeong showed a pregnancy sign. Hye Jeong just freezed while looked at Ji Hong with wide eyes.

“Seolma.... Y-you?”, Ji Hong was flustered. His mind might be right. Was Hye Jeong pregnant? In his mind, there had already a thought that he wished for, Hye Jeong showed a pregnancy sign. Hye Jeong was just frozen while looked at Ji Hong with wide eyes. Hye Jeong couldn’t say anything and kept covering . She felt nausea and wanted to throw up.

 

Ji Hong quickly took Hye Jeong to hospital to have doctor check on her, to make sure his mind was right.

“What’s wrong with my wife, Doc?”, Ji Hong asked to the doctor.

The doctor only smiled then explained, “It’s okay, Dr. Hong, Dr. Yoo just has stomach inflammation”

“Stomach inflammation?”, Ji Hong said, while Hye Jeong was just silent besides him.  Ji Hong was still in denial that Hye Jeong was not pregnant. But he was worry too if Hye Jeong had stomach inflammation because she had never been sick before. Then Ji Hong recalled what happened this morning when Hye Jeong just drank a coffee in empty stomach because she was in hurry.

“Yes”, the doctor answered.

Ji Hong spited out his mind, “I thought she is…”

“Pregnant?”, the doctor understood what Ji Hong’s mind.

The doctor looked at Hye Jeong then to Ji Hong while smiling, “I see you hope it so much Doc”

 

Hye Jeong and Ji Hong were in the hallway of hospital after saw the doctor. Ji Hong looked disappointed but also a little bit mad to Hye Jeong. He was so worry what if something worse happened to Hye Jeong. He would blame himself for not taking care of his wife well. Hye Jeong who was aware of Ji Hong’s expectation only took a glance to him. She felt sorry for making him so worry about her.

“Yaa! I told you to eat something before drink coffee”, Ji Hong raised his voice a bit. He scanned Hye Jeong’s body from toe to top.

“I’m sorry”, Hye Jeong said while tried to link her arms to Ji Hong’s.

Ji hong exhaled a deep breath then said, “It’s okay! As long as you’re okay, I will be okay”

Hye Jeong who was happy with what she just heard, tried to make a cute face to Ji Hong. Ji Hong melted down and smiled to her.

“You’re cute”, he said.

Hye Jeong chuckled. “Ssaem.. not here!”. Ji Hong tried to hug her and whispered softly to her ear. “We need to work harder”

“Yaaa..”. Hye Jeong was embarrassed, her cheeks were reddening.

 

 

At hospital..

Ji Hong was in a room to check on Sun Town Group CEO’s CT scan. It seemed there was a tumor inside his spine and it was in difficult location. Ji Hong met the CEO at VIP room, wanted to talk regarding his tumor.

“I’ve checked your CT scan. It seems we need to do surgery soon or it will affect your motoric system”, Ji Hong explained to the CEO. “I will lead your surgery and Dr Yoo Hye Jeong will assist me”, he added.

The CEO looked so scared yet still could control his emotion, “Really? Then let’s do it quickly! Thank you Dr. Hong”, CEO said.

Ji Hong bowed. “Yes. Please take a rest, CEO-nim”. Then he left the room.

 

An hours later … At VIP room

CEO’s wife was in the room, looked worry about her husband condition. She knew he would have a surgery soon. “Yeobo, I heard a married couple will take in charge of your surgery”, she said.

“You mean Dr. Hong and his assistant? They’re married?”, CEO responded her.

“Yes, I know he’s good. But I can’t let them to do surgery on you. I won’t. What if something happened to you on the surgery table. You know right, if there is a private feeling involved in the surgery. I don’t want it”, she said.

“Yeobo!”, CEO raised his voice. His wife’s words concerned him so much.

“Change the assistant! I don’t want him to defend and cover his wife’s mistake while doing on your surgery”, she insisted.

 

Ji Hong who had already knew the situation where the CEO refused to have surgery if Hye jeong assisted him, met Hye Jeong at his office.

“What’s wrong, Prof-nim?”, Hye Jeong who just came was curious why Ji Hong called her at his office.

“The CEO-nim, he doesn’t want you to assist me on his surgery”, he said.

“Why?”, Hye Jeong asked.

“Because we’re married couple. He just doesn’t want any unprofessional act happened while we’re doing on his surgery”

There was a brief paused moment before Hye Jeong told Ji Hong about her mind regarding this matter, “I understand him, he’s right!”

“What are you talking about?”, Ji Hong was in disbelief Hye Jeong would agree with the CEO where he knew they both could keep being professional even if they were a married couple in Neurosurgery Department.

“I understand his concern, in some workplace married couple would get banned to work together to avoid any personal conflict. Well, if he doesn’t want me to assist you, Seo Woo can replace me”, Hye Jeong explained to Ji Hong further.

“But I can’t do it without you assist me”, Ji Hong still insinsted Hye Jeong to assist him, because like the last time they had a surgery for Director Jin Myung Hoon, Ji Hong was also had no confident because the patiet didn’t believe him so made the surgery success rate would be dropped.

“Do you have no confidence again like Director Jin’s surgery?”, Hye Jeong asked.

“Eo!”, he firmly answered her. “If he couldn’t trust my judgment, the chance of success will fail. I won’t do it”, he added. Hye Jeong was just speechless in front him.

 

 

At Kim Tae Ho’s office…

Ji Hong met Dr. Kim Tae Ho at his office, wanted to talk about CEO’s surgery. “I can’t do this surgery”, he said to Kim Tae Ho who just looked at him.

“He insisted for you to take in charge”, Kim Tae Ho said.

“But he doesn’t want Dr. Yoo to assist me”. Ji Hong talked back.

Kim Tae Ho frowned his brows, “He’s our top ten VIP member, I just can’t ignore his request. Ya! This makes me in difficult position”

 

Kim Tae rushed to CEO’s room. He must tell him about Ji Hong’s request.  “Dr. Hong insisted if Dr. Yoo doesn’t assist him he can’t do this surgery CEO-nim”, Tae Ho said.

CEO’s wife seemed displease with what she just heard. “What? How dare he is! Is there another doctor besides Dr. Hong? You’re neurosurgeon too, why you just do my husband surgery”, she yelled at Tae Ho.

Kim Tae Ho was just listening her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter