Chapter 3

Doctor's Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ji Hong pulled the chair out to sit next to Hye Jeong. He looked at Ji Hoon for a moment before put a piece of cake into his mouth.

“Ssaem, he is my sunbae, Lee Ji Hoon”. Hye Jeong tried to introduce Ji Hoon.

Ji Hong offered his hand for handshake. “Hello, Hong Ji Hong-imnida”

So, he is the person.

Ji Hoon smirked and took Ji Hong’s hand to handshake. “Lee Ji Hoon-imnida”. He noticed the ring on Ji Hong’s finger, exactly a couple ring with Hye Jeong’s.

“So, you’re her sunbae in Daejeon?”, asked Ji Hong.

“Yes, we had a quite history then”, Ji Hoon answered with smile in his face. “Yaa!”, Hye Jeong cut off. She didn’t want Ji Hoon to spill the later words.

Ji Hong tried to hide his awkwardness with smile to him. “Ah, really? How was she then? Still beat people around?”. He took a sip from the glass.

“Ssaem!!”, Hye Jeong hit Ji Hong’s shoulder softly. They laughed together.

“You know it well”. Without Ji Hong and Hye Jeong’s notice, Ji Hoon smiled bitterly seeing Hye Jeong finally found her happiness with a man in front of him. He hurt, indeed, but he was happy for her. He loved her and would continue doing so until he could let his love go.

 

Ji Hong sent Hye Jeong home by walking because Sooni Hawaii was not far from her house. It’s already 11.30 PM and there were only them on the road. They kept walking without spiting a word. Ji Hong tried to massage his hand and swung it to the air. Hye Jeong noticed that. She bitted her lower lip and turned to face Ji Hong.

“Why? What’s going on? You seem so strange today”, Hye Jeong asked him sweetly with low tone voice. She looked down to the road while they walked side to side.

“What strange?”, Ji Hong was still massaging his hand while looked at Hye Jeong with big eyes.

“Because of my sunbae?”, she tilted her head to look Ji Hong’s eyes directly. Ji Hong was taken aback for a moment.

“Yes!”. He admitted it. A smile appeared in Hye Jeong’s face. She knew what happened. She realized Ji Hong was jealous.

“So, I am right!”. Hye Jeong continued to walk step by step slowly with Ji Hong next to her.

Ji Hong was curious and asked her back . “What right?”

Hye Jeong faced to the front and smiled. “You’re jealous, right?”.  Ji Hong was just silent.

“I’m happy”. Hye Jeong covered with her hand to hide her reddened face. She blushed.

“You’re happy? ”, Ji Hong was still in disbelief and smiled a little. “Aa.. chamm!!”. Hye Jeong just walked away without answering him.

After a quite long walk, they arrived at the neighborhood’s soccer field . It was the field where he took Hye Jeong last time after company dinner in Sooni Hawaii. Ji Hong grabbed Hye Jeong’s wrist and pulled it while he was running to the field. She knew it was a familiar place for them. A memorial place for them. A silent wtitness when she finally started to open her heart to Ji Hong. Hye Jeong and Ji Hong smiled each other.

“It’s been a long time, right?”. Ji Hong still held Hye Jeong’s hand tightly.

“Yes”.

All of sudden he saw a basketball in the corner of field. He released his grip and ran to the ball. Hye Jeong just saw him sweetly.

“Let’s play basketball?”, shouted Ji Hong. “The last time we played it at game center. It couldn’t count as real play and I lost for you”.

“Let’s go!”

They put off their shoes and bag to the side. Like the last time they were here, they warmed up their body. They started to play basketball in the midnight. Sound of their laughter filled the air. Sound of happiness.

“Ah, I’m failed”. Hye Jeong shouted in disappointment.

“Wow.. Teacher is good at basket. Huh!?”, Hye Jeong took a breath.

“You might not know but I was quite athletic in my younger days”. He laughed and tried to score the ball to ring. He took the ball and tried over again. “I always played it with my friends. And the girls always cheered up for us from the bench side. Talking about it, it was a good day”.

Hye Jeong was taken aback and pouted her lip. “Aaa… really?”.

Ji Hong realized what just he said. He knew he just made a mistake. I’m  dead. He took a quick glance to Hye Jeong. He cleared his throat “Ehhmmm” and walked to her. Hye Jeong sat and laid down to the filed, enjoying the night sky. Ji Hong who saw it, followed Hye Jeong. He moved closer to her in smooth way. Hye Jeong took a glance.

“Don’t be cheesy again like the last time!”. She pulled Ji Hong’s arm and placed her head on it. Ji Hong was just glad seeing what she did. They looked at the sky.

“Waa.. it’s pretty. Like you”, Ji Hong mesmerized the night sky with full of stars.

Hye Jeong who just heard it, then stared at Ji Hong and laughed. She liked to hear his cheesiness honestly.

“Hye Jeong-ah”, Ji Hong called her name sweetly with his deep voice.

“Yes?”

“Let’s get married quickly!”

“Hmm?”

“We just need to hold our wedding party simple. I don’t even bother to invite all the people. I just need to assure myself that you won’t regret your choice for accepting my proposal. I don’t want you to run away”, said Ji Hong. He only wanted to be honest to her, to tell what disturbed his mind recently.

“Why I need to regret my decision and run away? In the end, I will run to you”. Hye Jeong turned her head to meet Ji Hong’s eyes. Ji Hong looked at Hye Jeong with lovely gaze. He caressed her hair like he always did and kissed her forehead with closed eyes. He hugged her tightly. Hye Jeong patted his back to assure him, she would be there forever for him, only. He broke the hug after a moment and pecked her lip. She blushed. They smiled while looking at each other with sweet gaze like there was no tomorrow. And hug again.

 

In the hospital….

“Dr.Yoo!”, shouted Jung Yoon Do from far. Hye Jeong quickly turned around, he waved at her and saw him coming close to her standing. He greeted her and smiled -like Siberian husky-.

“Let’s eat together. You said we’re friends right?”. Hye Jeong just nodded and followed him to cafeteria.

They sat across each other in cafeteria. Hye Jeong hesitantly put food into . She barely could chew it. Yoon Do tried to break the awkwardness between them.

“Congratulations! I couldn’t say it last time because I was on heart attack and mental stupor when I heard your wedding news to Prof. Hong”

Hye Jeong put down her chopstick. “I’m sorry”. She felt sorry for him.

“Don’t be sorry to me! I’m okay. I just need to place my heart in the right order. Don’t worry! I can easily zip and my heart now. Thanks to you”. He smiled at her. Hye Jeong seemed understand with what his mean. “I’m happy for you both”, added Yoon Do.

“When will you hold your wedding?, He asked her.

“We don’t know yet”. Hye Jeong tried to put kimchi into again.

“Eii… you should hold it quickly. Prof. Hong must be anxious right now”. Yoon Do was in disbelief. “Chamm.. Dr.Yoo, you really don’t know a man!”. He pointed his chopstick to her.

“Why?”, asked Hye Jeong curiously with her big eyes to Yoon Do.

 “Anida…tsk tsk tsk”. He shook his head and continued to eat.

 

In front of nurse station, Seo Woo was checking her patient’s paper while Pi England approached her with broad smile.

“Seo Woo-ya. Let’s talk about us!”

“Not here”

“Who said we will discuss it here”. They both smiled. “Follow me!”

“So?”, asked Seo Woo with crossed her arms in her chest.

“Let’s watch movie this Saturday. You’re off right? I’m off duty too”. Pi England seemes so excited, a smile has never been away from his face recently.

“Call!”

They smiled sign of agreement. They started to date secretly. Seo Woo tried to open her heart to Pi England and wanted to feel the real love. She wanted to learn how to love someone properly. She might not sure about their relationship at first. But she really wanted to try, she knew he loved her and she started to let him come to her heart without she realized it.

 

Beep..beep. Hye Jeong’s phone rang. It’s from Dr. Kim Tae Ho. “Hello, director-nim?”

Hye Jeong arrived at Dr.Kim’s office. “Dr.Yoo, I know you will get married to Dr.Hong soon. I think I need to talk to you about this, before I talk to Ji Hong by myself”, Kim Tae Ho tried to explain what the occasion he wanted to meet her. After heard his explanation, Hye Jeong just stunned.

 

Hye Jeong walked in the hallway of hospital then met Ji Hong who just waited for her.

“Let’s go!”. Ji Hong leaned his body to be closer to Hye Jeong with his both hands were on the pocket.

“Where?”, asked Hye Jeong.

“You will see it later”. Ji Hong grabbed her hand.

After a quite long drive, they finally arrived at an apartment ground floor.

“Here we are”. Ji Hong opened his seat belt and looked at Hy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter