Chapter 2

Doctor's Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seven years ago…

“Yaa! What are you doing? Let her go! Are you loser? Why do you hit a woman? What a jerk! Ssereuki!”

Hye Jeong flew a high kick to a man. There were three men standing around a woman in the corner of road. That day was already night and not many people were around. That woman wore thick make-up, short pants and a blue sleeveless blouse. She begged to the men to let her go. She said she would pay the debt on time. The man with black suit, one of them was the leader. He had dragon tattoo in his nape and wrist. From the outfit, they were mob member. One by one, Hye Jeong flew a high kick, elbow spin and gave them all the moves she has learnt.

“Paacckkk..!”                              

“Aahhh”

“Paaccckk..pacckk!!,  sound of feet smacked man’s back hard. They fell down to floor.

“Agasshi.. stop it! Don’t do it! Please stop it!”, she begged to Hye Jeong who just took a breath.

The men stood up. “Ya! Who do you think you are? Crazy b*tch! Grab her hand, quickly!”. His subordinate followed his order and grabbed Hye Jeong’s hands. She couldn’t move. Suddenly in the air, a man kicked his subordinate by their from behind. A young man in his mid 20’s, wore grey shirt and jeans with slingbag.

“Paacckkk!”. The two men collapsed on the floor. The leader tried to hit the man but he missed. The man hit the leader until he couldn’t move. There was blood from his nose. The leader and subordinate spitted and ran. “Aisshhh”.

The man looked around and tried to make up the woman stood. “Are you okay, ahjumma? Here your bag. Be careful next time”

“Thank you so much”. Then the woman left the scene with limp.

The man saw Hye Jeong. He asked her, “Are you okay? Your hand is bleeding”

Hye Jeong was still in short breath. “I’m okay. Thank you”

The man picked Hye Jeong bag and wash away the dirt on it with his hand, before he noticed the books inside the bag.

“You’re a medical student? Daejeon University?”. He asked Hye Jeong while give her bag back.

“Yes, I am. Why?”. Hye Jeong looked at the man with her big eyes.

“What year are you?”, asked the man curiously.

“I’m in my last year. Why?”. Hye Jeong felt insecure all of a sudden.

“Why?”, he raised his eyebrow.” Do you always say –why- when people ask you something?”, the man said in disbelief.

“No”. Hye Jeong found her calmness now. “Thank you so much. I will go”.

She tried to go but the man’s hand grabbed her wrist. Hye Jeong looked down at her wrist then to the man’s eyes.

“What do you want?”. She tried to break her wrist free, twisted her wrist.

“I don’t want anything from you. What’s your name?”. The man stared at Hye Jeong.

“If you don’t want anything from me, then why do you ask my name? is it that important?”, Hye Jeong raised her voice. She left the man in awe.

“Ah that girl, really?”. The man kicked a tin can in front him. The can reached someone’s window. He shocked when a woman’s voice heard from inside.

“Yaa!! Who the heck kick this damn rubbish to my window? Are you a bum? Crazy b*stard! Wait for me!”, shout a woman. The man startled and ran from the scene.

 

In the hospital, Hye Jeong had an emergency call from Kyung Joon.

“Dr. Yoo, a patient just came to ER. A man in his 30’s, traffic accident. He’s mentally alarmed. But he can’t move his left leg”

“Okay, Kyung Joon-ah. I’ll be there asap”, she hung up the phone.

But before she reached the ER room, a familiar voice came across the room. His voice was deep and manly.

“Yoo Hye Jeong”

Hye Jeong stopped her step and turned around. A tall man stood right in front of her. He looked handsome with grey suit.

“Sunbae”

Hye Jeong and the man stared each other, before Kyung Joon broke her moment.

“Dr. Yoo, you’re here? I’ve done the CT scan”, said Kyung Joon.

Hye Jeong walked away to the ER room and ignored the man. On other side, the man was waiting outside the ER for Hye Jeong. She checked the patient’s reflex thoroughly and asked the man to move his both leg. She then looked at the CT scan.

“Kyung Joon-ah, call Prof. Hong. We need an emergency surgery and also please prepare the operation room. Where’s the guardian?”

“Oh, they’re on the way here Dr.Yoo”, answered him.

“Okay, I see”. Hye Jeong left the scene while Kyung Joon nodded and soon followed her order.

Hye Jeong stepped out from the ER room and met the man.

“Lee Ji Hoon, Sunbae-nim”

The man was aware of her voice and turned around. “Yoo Hye Jeong”. He smiled. He had sweet smile. “It’s been a long time, Yoo Hye Jeong!”

Hye Jeong smiled to him. “Yes, it’s been a long time sunbae. How are you? How long have you been in Korea?”, she asked.

“A week ago”. There was a short pause moment before he finally spoke again. “I tried to look for you in Daejeon, but it seemed you had moved to Seoul. Is it because of your …….”. He stopped himself for saying the words. He seemed already knew about Hye Jeong’s grandma. He kept look at Hye Jeong. Everyone noticed the way he looked at Hye Jeong was different. Yes, he had feeling for her! He had a history with Hye Jeong.

Hong Ji Hong slowly walked towards ER. He saw Hye jeong talked to a man, they looked close. Ji Hong noticed a strange atmosphere between them when he reached the place.

Hye Jeong bowed to Ji Hong. “Prof-nim, you’re here”

Ji Hong looked at the man then to Hye Jeong. “Let’s go!”

Hye Jeong felt sorry to her sunbae, Lee Ji Hoon for leaving. “I’m sorry sunbae, I need to see the patient”

“Ah.. okay. I understand. I will see you later”

 

Hye Jeong was in her scrub and washed her arms ready to do surgery. Ji Hong came in a moment later and turned to Hye Jeong.

“Who is he?”, asked Ji Hong. He was really curious about him.

Hye Jeong was focus on her doing. “What?”

“Earlier, the man”

“Ah, he’s my sunbae in university”

“Really?”

They kept washed their arms, made sure there was no spot left.

“Hye Jeong-ah, let’s visit halmae and my father tomorrow”

“Call”. Hye Jeong finished first and came to surgery room.

 

Soon Hee was busy with her business in Sooni Hawaii. She swept the floor, cleaned the window and of course, Ahn Joong Dae was spotted there helped her girlfriend to take care her business. It’s been a month since they started dating. It was a denial feeling at first but one day, in the rainy day, in the park near Sooni Hawaii, they started to open each other, admitted their feeling each other and they danced.

Beep…beep. Soon Hee’s phone rang but it was an unknown number.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter